Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FBD doing great deals at the min

Options
  • 20-01-2018 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Just to let you all know, FBD giving 70% no claims discount. My policy last year, cheapest I could get is Kennco at €850. FBD this year €720.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭6541

570, fully comp, 9 plus years NCB. With Bank Of Ireland. Car is 2 lt over 11 years old. I still find that price hard to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Must try them when my insurance is up, they have been there or thereabouts compared to my current insurer each year but never cheaper, they come in within €20 or so, good considering other insurers have been €500 plus more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Their online quote system seems to be broken

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Must try them when my insurance is up, they have been there or thereabouts compared to my current insurer each year but never cheaper, they come in within €20 or so, good considering other insurers have been €500 plus more expensive.

Always been the same case for me; maybe this year they may be the one for me.

There website online quote seems to also been updated; and a very user friendly one I must add also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thanks for that op. Should be in the bargain alerts forum, I just received a quote which is £90 cheaper than my own insurer Allianz for fully comp.

I hope these sort of figures last until July when my own policy expires.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The 70% NCD discount is a bit of a misnomer.

They have merely increased their base rates so instead of say 50% off €1250 they will take 70% off €2000 and come up with more or less the same price.

They have increased covers though like giving the option to pay a few extra quid and get comprehensive cover for driving of other cars.

Plans were also in hand to allow a 10% additonal discount to anyone with a dash cam though I'm not sure if that's been rolled out as I no longer work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

They are offering €50 dashcam discount with criteria met

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

They are offering €50 dashcam discount with criteria met

Excellent. Every insurer should offer discounts for dashcam. You have no idea how valuable they are. Yesterday, I took statements from 3 parties to an accident, all given honestly as they saw it but significantly different in the detail. Later on, I was sent the dashcaml footage which made everything clear as a bell. Liability will be decided quickly, cutting down on costs. More importantly, those responsible will see why the claim will go against them, having initially felt they were not liable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Done a quote online last week and they came in the cheapest @1100 until today when my current insurerer KennCo quoted me €870 fully comp. Guess there be no chance of them matching no ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Is €700 plus now standard for fully comprehensive insurance. I am 44 with €15,000 car and still have my no claims bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

They wanted 750 for the Wife's renewal on a 151 A4 with no points and we both have 9 years plus NCB, AA wanted 550 on renewal but I got them back to 410 which was last year's price.

Advertisement