Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money stuck in machine when lodging into ATM?

Options
  • 20-01-2018 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi,

So I just went to lodge money into an ATM in Ballina, Co.Mayo and I put in the cash amount of 185€ using the cash lodgement option and then it popped up to say their was a jam in the transport path but that the money was safe and to contact a member of staff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

OriginV wrote: »
    Hi,

So I just went to lodge money into an ATM in Ballina, Co.Mayo and I put in the cash amount of 185€ using the cash lodgement option and then it popped up to say their was a jam in the transport path but that the money was safe and to contact a member of staff?
    Hi OriginV, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this. 

Please can I ask you to send the details through the 'Ask a Question' option on the 365 online service desk or contact our team on 0818 365 365 so that we can follow up on this for you. 

Thanks, Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Hi,

Be careful, they might accuse you of lodging less than you actual did...

Happened me once in BOI Branch, staff told me to use the shelf service lodgement, it was a total of €925, got an error message. And when i finally got the attention of staff they said it would take until the end of day to look at the machine...So i left my number, they then claimed i had lodged less than i did, eventually got it sorted, but they basically accused me of trying to deceive them...Also the software on those shelf service machines is out of date, and has been for some time. 

My CU gets most of my business these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Corkman81

Hi,

Hi,

I tried to lodge 100 euro to my accont in the lodgement atm machine outside the main Bank of Ireland branch on the South Mall in Cork ;however; the money did not go in properly;at the same time i got a message saying there was a jam in the transaction port;i tried pull out the two 50 euro notes,in the process my fingers nearly got chopped off as the machine closed down and said the money was being held by a member of staff and to contact them;however this was a saturday morning /early afternoon and they were closed. Rang banking 365 online , a member of staff took my details and said she would send a technician out to fix the problem. This never happened and I really need the cash as it's my birthday in a couple of days and need it for that. Not impressed with BOI VERY SLOW reply to a message I sent to them online also. No money for my birthday either,hopefully this gets resolved 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Corkman81 wrote: »
    Hi,

I tried to lodge 100 euro to my accont in the lodgement atm machine outside the main Bank of Ireland branch on the South Mall in Cork ;however; the money did not go in properly;at the same time i got a message saying there was a jam in the transaction port;i tried pull out the two 50 euro notes,in the process my fingers nearly got chopped off as the machine closed down and said the money was being held by a member of staff and to contact them;however this was a saturday morning /early afternoon and they were closed. Rang banking 365 online , a member of staff took my details and said she would send a technician out to fix the problem. This never happened and I really need the cash as it's my birthday in a couple of days and need it for that. Not impressed with BOI VERY SLOW reply to a message I sent to them online also. No money for my birthday either,hopefully this gets resolved 

Hi Corkman81,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We are really sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Please be assured that if you have been speaking with our Customer Service Team that this would have been escalated to the branch to be looked into for you. Have you checked your account as the lodgement should credit the account today?

Thanks , Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mayo londoner

Hi,

Something identical is just after happening to me at the Terenure branch yesterday evening, lodged €500 and transport jammed, they checked it today and rang me claiming I'd only lodged 400 (100% sure I've lodged €500), cameras will show me counting the money again before I lodged. None of the money has gone back into my account yet, any suggestions what to do <snip>?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mayo londoner

Hi,

Something identical is just after happening to me at the Terenure branch yesterday evening, lodged €500 and transport jammed, they checked it today and rang me claiming I'd only lodged 400 (100% sure I've lodged €500), cameras will show me counting the money again before I lodged. None of the money has gone back into my account yet, any suggestions what to do <snip>

Can confirm they have only transferrred 400 back into my account. Whats the next step to get back the 100 I'm owed? I've already rang BOI customer service and he filed a request. When I talked to the Terenure bank branch rep earlier who rang me he said that 'they only recovered 400euro' and 'was I sure that it was 500', thus effectively trying to pass off the missing 100euro. Way too easy of a cop out, not on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there mayo Londoner,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us.

If you would like to send up a PM with the date and time of the lodgement we will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement