Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Where are you getting the idea there were no customs there?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0927/80783-drugs/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Read the previous page as well as this one.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Who is Mr Flashy?Why he not named in the media like other criminals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Weston Airport never had a permanent customs station. Customs could show up to do searches but they rarely did. It was the perfect spot to engage in international drug imports, a legitimte airport with no customs presense. When Mansfields plane was caught with heroin onboard the flight had come from Belgium and the value of the drugs was put at €50m. That was in 2006, he had already owned the airport for six years by the time there was a drugs bust.

As for how Mansfield got the airport well he made his fortune as a scrap metal dealer in the Falkland Islands after the 1982 war. The British Army had thousands of pieces of machinery left over and he bought them for a pittance before exporting for profit. After that he bought up large swathes of land around Lucan & Citywest before building his hotel of the same name.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Weston Airport never had a permanent customs station. Customs could show up to do searches but they rarely did. It was the perfect spot to engage in international drug imports, a legitimte airport with no customs presense. When Mansfields plane was caught with heroin onboard the flight had come from Belgium and the value of the drugs was put at €50m. That was in 2006, he had already owned the airport for six years by the time there was a drugs bust.

As for how Mansfield got the airport well he made his fortune as a scrap metal dealer in the Falkland Islands after the 1982 war. The British Army had thousands of pieces of machinery left over and he bought them for a pittance before exporting for profit. After that he bought up large swathes of land around Lucan & Citywest before building his hotel of the same name.

The heroin was discovered on the plane in Belgium. I don't think there was ever a seizure in Weston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I worked on the Northside back in 2001/2002 and the job involved working on Garda cars now and again. Cops would wait for the car most of the time and you would get yapping to them.

I remember a middle aged detective one day and somehow Jim Mansfields name came up. I genuinely didn't know who he was at the time but the dick face darkened and he said something along the lines of he'd shoot him in the head if he had half a chance. I remember being a bit shocked at the time.

He was obviously well known even then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 politics.irish

anyone ever hear of the Rolls Royce Phantom pulling up and an UZI been fired out the window at a travellers site (Allegedly)
    or the Old Woman who had everything signed over on her death bed (Allegedly)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Not only that there was heroin found on a private jet which was leased to Jim Mansfield himself. I think it is obvious what was going on there and palms must have been greased. As for political connections Fianna Fail always held their Ard Fheis in the Citywest Hotel back in the boom. Jim Mansfield and Liam Lawlor were close. Also Jim Mansfield son was arrested a while back for having 4,000 rounds of ammunition, not sure whatever came of it but he said he needs it for his own protection.

Some of Mansfield's friends leave a lot to be desired!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/pictured-businessman-mansfield-and-the-feared-gangland-criminal-31453341.html

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gangster-suspected-of-shooting-gareth-hutch-hiding-out-in-turkey-37212751.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A Garda commissioner had his daughters wedding at Citywest

Cough

Which Garda Commissioner was this? The same one involved in a property deal in Ashbourne with a well know criminal?
    Dante7 wrote: »
    The heroin was discovered on the plane in Belgium. I don't think there was ever a seizure in Weston.

At least the Belgian customs were on the ball, our own lot clearly were not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

This Statement is Borderline Racism Wayne.

Are you standing on the border?

Parts of the post are racist, parts presaging a future where descendents of the people who were housed in the likes of mosney will seek to understand where they came from.

Their ancestors will have come to Ireland in search of a better life, a safer life in some cases, a first world life.

When people started to come to Ireland to claim asylum in numbers, early to mid 1990's they also came to other European countries.

So you see the same pattern in places as far as Finland at the same time.

All the while persecution is being used as a reason. Persecuted people would generally find it difficult to travel. Persecuted people are in prison or are monitored.

We have in a great many cases been had.

Will that be worthy as marking it with a statue, I think not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭40supple

Clytus wrote: »

Who would deal with someone who turns up to a gangland meeting in a swanky hotel in adidas tracksuit & trainers?

Which Garda Commissioner was this? The same one involved in a property deal in Ashbourne with a well know criminal?

Have a look at the names here for a bit of a who's who.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/bertie-tucksin-with-digout-pals-26335877.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Link should work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

40supple wrote: »
    Clytus wrote: »

Who would deal with someone who turns up to a gangland meeting in a swanky hotel in adidas tracksuit & trainers?

The same type of person who is also known as "Mr AB" in a recent murder trial involving a brother and sister!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'd say Eddie was ****ting himself. Surprised bottler didn't stick a few shots through the house.

ASOT wrote: »
    I'd say Eddie was ****ting himself. Surprised bottler didn't stick a few shots through the house.

It must have been the grey bin out last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Jeff2 wrote: »

Link should work now.
    What's Joe burke up to these days ?

• Advertisement

What's Joe burke up to these days ?

If it's who I think it is he would be at well over 70yo now, so not much.

Another couple of pics gone up on Facebook of that gang that jumped the lad in Ashbourne, black youths.

Edit: I fixed the link but hadn't read it when I posted in that.
    Yes same guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its nuts , be locked up now for years for something that seems so stupid , what was he even trying to achvie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Did it all actually start over bins?

Jesus Christ, we need a broad sterilization program for some of these people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Another couple of pics gone up on Facebook of that gang that jumped the lad in Ashbourne, black youths.

I'd fcuking hate to be them atm, they'd be safer in Nigeria if reports are to be believed.

• Advertisement

not yet wrote: »
    I'd fcuking hate to be them atm, they'd be safer in Nigeria if reports are to be believed.

The ringleader was named, they'll be got. They all deactivated their social media accounts. Losers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

The ringleader was named, they'll be got. They all deactivated their social media accounts. Losers.

Any links to this? Please

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Any links to this? Please

The person's Facebook page is private, can I upload screenshots here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Sure what will be done to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

bigpink wrote: »
    Who is Mr Flashy?Why he not named in the media like other criminals

I know who Flashy is...It's Mr Big's real name I'm curious about..anyone??

• Advertisement

Ha Ha, as if that'll save them from getting smashed up..

munster87 wrote: »

Take a guess..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

munster87 wrote: »

The young lads family are from Finglas South , if you know your Finglas's , the South is much more lively than the East or West.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Take a guess..

Hopefully, but probably won’t happen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Edit: I fixed the link but hadn't read it when I posted in that.
    Yes same guy.
    He was doing so well with Bertie. Than kinda lost it and went nuts.

He was doing so well with Bertie. Than kinda lost it and went nuts.

He had power before getting in with Bertie.

In business.

I worked with a close relative of his in a company that would use port daily.

The person got the job that never was and drove a car above the pay grade.

No one could understand why they were there.

The young lads family are from Finglas South , if you know your Finglas's , the South is much more lively than the East or West.

The Berryfield lads won't let this go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is it ok to post up this fellas pic or am I likely to get banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭40supple

Its nuts , be locked up now for years for something that seems so stupid , what was he even trying to achvie ?

Do you recon he might want to go inside for a while as I’m sure his life is in immediate danger with all the bridges he’s burned.
    No other explanation as to carry on like this in daylight.
    10 year in clover hill be safer than 6 months on the Northside

• Advertisement

Is it ok to post up this fellas pic or am I likely to get banned?

You'd be banned, they are screen shotted all over fb, not that hard to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Do you recon he might want to go inside for a while as I’m sure his life is in immediate danger with all the bridges he’s burned.

He got coked out of it and went out playing with his new toy. You could say he pressed the self destruct button. Firing on gardai? Has to be 10 years surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

I assume there'll be updates on vigilante activities in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Any chance of a p.m. for the curious amongst us I had to disable my Facebook the other day because a local business owner didn't like a review I left about his new enterprise and threatened to sue me anyway that's a story for another day.

Red_Wake wrote: »
    I assume there'll be updates on vigilante activities in this thread.

I highly doubt this thread will be lasting much longer.

Could be something in this. I heard he also had a grenade. Coked off his tits, with a grenade, shooting at Gardai! He might have wanted to be taken out. If only he had sorted his recyclables.

He was instatutionlised from being locked up so long in his life.
    The judge will see it as punishment to let him off.

What will happen to them?? Jaysus, the naivety of some people. All that has been waiting to happen was for a half connected family to get involved. There's a city full of lads just itching for an excuse to let loose with bats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

KM792 wrote: »
    I know who Flashy is...It's Mr Big's real name I'm curious about..anyone??

Sounds like monatin hill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Sounds like monatin hill

Gave me a chuckle :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement