Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

shutup wrote: »
    Plenty of hard working decent African families here .....
    Indeed there are, and fair play to them. Would have no problem having them as neighbours.
    shutup wrote: »
    ..... who don’t deserve the hate from this thread aimed at them.
    I can assure you that the hate is not directed at them.

But we see this all the time on Boards.
    If we talk about Muslims who are Islamist terrorists blowing up children at a Manchester concert, or children run down on the streets of Nice by a man who is Muslim, or children being gang raped by gangs in England who are overwhelming Muslim; the New Liberal Left try to shut down those discussions because they claim we are blaming the entire Muslim population for these abominations.
    We are clearly not doing that, but that doesn't stop them trying to shut down discussions by claiming otherwise. It is similarly happening on this thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Don’t worry about any of this guys. Can’t be getting our panties in a twist. Sure when we have good ole Leo in the countries driving seat what we gonna worry about. Leo “the man” Varadkar. One of his latest triumphs was getting statues and religious paraphernalia removed from all hospitals in case it was to offend our new flung friends and minorities. So what if these religious artifacts gave comfort to the elderly and dying patients in their last days of life. Nah , whatever you do don’t offend the minorities. Now I’m going to jump ahead of this government trend that’s in place and I’m going to buy my wife a burkini for our holidays in donegal and as much halal meat as I can buy to have a lovely Ramadan. Hala akhbar!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Kivaro wrote: »
    Indeed there are, and fair play to them. Would have no problem having them as neighbours.

If we talk about Muslims who are Islamist terrorists blowing up children at a Manchester concert, or children run down on the streets of Nice by a man who is Muslim, or children being gang raped by gangs in England who are overwhelming Muslim; the New Liberal Left try to shut down those discussions because they claim we are blaming the entire Muslim population for these abominations.
    We are clearly not doing that, but that doesn't stop them trying to shut down discussions by claiming otherwise. It is similarly happening on this thread too.

Unfortunately this next post:
    dalyboy wrote: »
    Don’t worry about any of this guys. Can’t be getting our panties in a twist. Sure when we have good ole Leo in the countries driving seat what we gonna worry about. Leo “the man” Varadkar. One of his latest triumphs was getting statues and religious paraphernalia removed from all hospitals in case it was to offend our new flung friends and minorities. So what if these religious artifacts gave comfort to the elderly and dying patients in their last days of life. Nah , whatever you do don’t offend the minorities. Now I’m going to jump ahead of this government trend that’s in place and I’m going to buy my wife a burkini for our holidays in donegal and as much halal meat as I can buy to have a lovely Ramadan. Hala akhbar!!!

Contradicts what you are saying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

No, it does not.
    Just like Dav3 a couple of pages ago, you will have extremist views on both sides of the sociopolitical spectrum.
    The vast majority of us just want an impartial discussion on these topics, and the vast majority of us represent mainstream society in Ireland.

Irish media has an overwhelming liberal/left leaning and does not report a balanced view on social topics, so we have to seek it out using other mediums. How many of us would have been aware of these gangs terrorising large areas of Dublin without this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

No, it does not.
    Just like Dav3 a couple of pages ago, you will have extremist views on both sides of the sociopolitical spectrum.
    The vast majority of us just want an impartial discussion on these topics, and the vast majority of us represent mainstream society in Ireland.

Irish media has an overwhelming liberal/left leaning and does not report a balanced view on social topics, so we have to seek it out using other mediums. How many of us would have been aware of these gangs terrorising large areas of Dublin without this thread?

There was some dull lad threatening to curb stomp one of the gang members not a page ago.

I’d rather have these gangsters Kerb stamped than my child getting murdered in cold blood by 20 wild animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Fieldog wrote: »
    There is, it's a private bus service, Swords Express I think it's called...

Funny everyone quick to lay the blame at Balbriggans door when it's supposedly coming from Swords

Sure that wouldn't suit the narrative

No, there's no bus direct from Swords to Ashbourne.

But now that you mention it, there is a direct bus from Balbriggan to Ashbourne, the Local Link 195.

I’d rather have these gangsters Kerb stamped than my child getting murdered in cold blood by 20 wild animals.
    Who's been murdered?.

How could you curb stomp 20 wild animals?

What sort of animals are they?

There was some dull lad threatening to curb stomp one of the gang members not a page ago.

Yeah I think that's me you are referring to although I never threatened anyone, more shìte talk from you winnythepoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Well this one clearly is
    It's funny the likes of Poo, Billy eotr Nodin mod from the echo chamber cafe the pink Hitler aviatar and the rest of the gang who love posting about Tommy avoid this thread. Probably because they are embarrassed their beloved the New Nigerian Irish have turned to a life of crime beating up old people taxi drivers children anyone who stands in the gangs way

Thanks for the shout out btw Snake

Did you see the footage of the attack on that 14 year old CHILD ????
    He was beaten within an inch of his life . He was in a coma. It’s a miracle he’s alive. Do you seriously think this will stop at this event with this gang? This is a testing point for them. They’re criminality is getting worse and worse and it’s only a matter of time , 100% mark my words, that a murder will occur with these animals. I hope it’s not anyone belonged to you when it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Yeah I think that's me you are referring though, although I never threatened anyone, more shìte talk from you winnythepoo.

Better off just ignoring him Gin.

Yeah I think that's me you are referring though, although I never threatened anyone, more shìte talk from you winnythepoo.

Better off just ignoring him Gin.
    Good advice but I would probably go with....

'well maybe you shouldn't talk about curb stomping black teens there gin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

American History X, bite the kerb. Job done.

I'm glad you went for the full nazi skinhead reference anyway. You obviously didn't make it to the end of that movie.

It was in response to my death wish post. Neither of us were seriously suggesting curbing or shooting anyone but this will end up in retribution on gangs if the justice system can’t get a more balanced view on crime against our law abiding citizens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭MFPM

It's funny the likes of Poo, Billy eotr Nodin mod from the echo chamber cafe the pink Hitler aviatar and the rest of the gang who love posting about Tommy avoid this thread. Probably because they are embarrassed their beloved the New Nigerian Irish have turned to a life of crime beating up old people taxi drivers children anyone who stands in the gangs way!

Have 'They'? Quite the generalisation you're making, but of course it's not about violence or crime with you it's simply about skin colour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

MFPM wrote: »
    Have 'They'? Quite the generalisation you're making, but of course it's not about violence or crime with you it's simply about skin colour...

*waits for MFPM to say anything in condemnation of the attack...

....tick...

....tick....

....tick....

....tick...

....tick....

....tick....

You'll be left waiting, these people care more about their weird anti racism crusade that they seem to be on. A fruitless exercise if you ask me, call us racist all you want no one cares or is offended at being called this anymore. Game over lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

He was beaten within an inch of his life . He was in a coma. It’s a miracle he’s alive. Do you seriously think this will stop at this event with this gang? This is a testing point for them. They’re criminality is getting worse and worse and it’s only a matter of time , 100% mark my words, that a murder will occur with these animals. I hope it’s not anyone belonged to you when it does.

This crowd will be taking over the drug scene where they are based in the very near future. Ala the gangs in London, carrying knives for protection etc etc.
    Im amazed the havent killed anyone yet, read the comments about this kids injuries -
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.thejournal.ie/teenagers-attacked-gormanston-3683213-Nov2017/%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwjxlt_C_f_gAhVJXRUIHasiBpkQFjABegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw34K6xyQoYKk8bmT7GkjJGr&ampcf=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Where the hell are the parents of these scumbags? Do they just not care that their kids are roaming the streets and beating people up?

They are:
    a) claiming some form of assistance off the state

b) suing someone in a faked car crash swindle

c) having a pray down the " church of Tuesday the magnificent "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Well this one clearly is

Thanks for the shout out btw Snake

Hate to disappoint you as I haven't dealt with you before Billy86 is who I was referring too in my post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Hate to disappoint you as I haven't dealt with you before Billy86 is who I was referring too in my post!
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I seen it, brought back flashbacks of that happening to me years ago, my heart went out to him, he seemed to keep repeating were he was from as they were beating him so I'm guessing they started some **** with him accusing him of being from x, y, z to justify it, a friend of mine son got hopped by them scrotes from balbriggan, needed stitches by the end of it, he was leaving a shop and they approached him asking if he knew some fella he'd never even heard of, safe to say they didn't take no for an answer

....tick...

....tick....

....tick....

Cop yourself on :rolleyes: Difference with me is I don't solely identify violence and crime with skin colour unlike many here....but you've probably challenged all of them?

• Advertisement

Cop yourself on :rolleyes: Difference with me is I don't solely identify violence and crime with skin colour unlike many here....but you've probably challenged all of them?

Ah no, just hypocrites like yourself with an ability to only white racists.

Gang of black youths attack white kid.
    MFPM wades in with a standard "nothing to see here, you're all a bunch of racists"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

The journal have this story up and guess what.

Comments DISABLED..

What a liberal left rag of a media outlet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

imme wrote: »
    They are:

Absolutely spot on . You'd probably find these coc#roaches in church on Sunday all dressed up with their parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

BrookieD wrote: »
    yes mate, will admit to being very upset after speaking with his mum, she is just broke after the vid was released. Seeing your kid in that situation and being helpless.....

It's the stuff of nightmares. Don't care what colour any one of their skins are, attacker or attacked. It is horrible, the poor child. Something serious will have to be done about this, if this is emerging as a pattern of behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

imme wrote: »
    They are:

Going on what we’ve seen, These scum parents wouldn’t be fit to mind a stray dog let alone bring up a child

• Advertisement

Absolutely spot on . You'd probably find these coc#roaches in church on Sunday all dressed up with their parents.

No doubt about it. Pathetic scum. Colorful clothes and singing glory hallelujah.

MFPM wades in with a standard "nothing to see here, you're all a bunch of racists"

Do enlighten be with regards to my 'hypocrisy', I'm intrigued.

Tell me has it been established there was a racist motive to attack? Secondly, if you bothered to engage with my post objectively you'd have noted I was responding to an individual who was making generalised remarks against ALL 'Nigerian Irish' based on the actions of one group of individuals. Thirdly, if you had followed the thread discussion to date, you'll note that much of the discussion is on the race/colour of the individuals and not the crime - why is that do you think? Fourthly, can you indicate where I called anyone a 'racist'?

Now, if you bother to reply do me the courtesy of replying to what I actually posted instead of allowing your own prejudice inform your interpretation of what I post, good lad.

Do enlighten be with regards to my 'hypocrisy', I'm intrigued.

Tell me has it been established there was a racist motive to attack? Secondly, if you bothered to engage with my post objectively you'd have noted I was responding to an individual who was making generalised remarks against ALL 'Nigerian Irish' based on the actions of one group of individuals. Thirdly, if you had followed the thread discussion to date, you'll note that much of the discussion is on the race/colour of the individuals and not the crime - why is that do you think? Fourthly, can you indicate where I called anyone a 'racist'?

Now, if you bother to reply do me the courtesy of replying to what I actually posted instead of allowing your own prejudice inform your interpretation of what I post, good lad.

Just going on form

Tell me has it been established there was a racist motive to attack?

About sums it up really

The fact that so many native speakers of English here haven't the self-discipline to learn how to use the words "seen" and "done" correctly, combined with their use of the English plebeian "mate" to address each other, really doesn't inspire faith in their work ethic when it comes to their grasp of the facts of this case. Although I can totally sympathise with their plight: it's always the most undereducated natives who suffer most from the immigration of foreigners. And The Irish Times and our so-called "liberals" have never been threatened similarly so it's easy for them to speak from their ivory tower by telling poor areas to be "tolerant".

The Irish Times: Youth hospitalised after teenagers clash in Ashbourne
    This male youth was assaulted and brought to hospital, but his injuries are not thought to be serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭bsloepro

https://youtu.be/4MZQm9OwEKI

From an outsiders point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

enricoh wrote: »
    This crowd will be taking over the drug scene where they are based in the very near future. Ala the gangs in London, carrying knives for protection etc etc.
    Im amazed the havent killed anyone yet, read the comments about this kids injuries -
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.thejournal.ie/teenagers-attacked-gormanston-3683213-Nov2017/%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwjxlt_C_f_gAhVJXRUIHasiBpkQFjABegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw34K6xyQoYKk8bmT7GkjJGr&ampcf=1

By and large that’s fairly low level dealing. I get the impression that a lot of London gangs are gangs for the sake of gangs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If you bother to reply do me the courtesy of replying to what I actually posted instead of allowing your own prejudice inform your interpretation of what I post. good lad.

I'm gonna be bold and step in here and reply to something you posted.
    Tell me has it been established there was a racist motive to attack?

Tell me, would you pose this question if a black kid was the victim of a gang beating by dozens of white teens?

According to the victims mother there were several whites involved in this assault so it's highly unlikely to be racially motivated.

Sickening to see some posters trying to downplay this awful attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

remember folks, if you think this is a concern, you are a bona fide racist

• Advertisement

Sickening to see some posters trying to downplay this awful attack.

What posters? I haven't seen anyone downplay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I have a controversial proposal.

Any one not born in Ireland. Committing a crime is deported. If you are a naturalised citizen, your citizenship is revoked and you get deported.

If the criminal is under age, then the whole family get deported.

Absolute zero tolerance to crime from foreigners. There are enough natural born Irish criminals, Ireland doesn’t need to import more.

I’m talking crimes, such as theft, burglary, assault, and so on. Anyone found to be a serious threat to public safety.

When you come to Ireland, you should know, Ireland welcomes everyone except criminals.

Of course this is never going to happen in Ireland. But one can dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

VeryTerry wrote: »
    What posters? I haven't seen anyone downplay it.

Plenty here downplaying it by saying its nothing new, that teenagers have been doing this for years, nothing to see here etc. Someone even posted it might have been an arranged fight!! wtf!

This is defintely something new and unless the guards do something about it now we'll become like London where knife crime has become endemic and now out of control.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/the-names-of-all-the-victims-killed-by-knives-in-london-so-far-in-2019-a4086201.html

mad muffin wrote: »

Any one not born in Ireland. Committing a crime is deported. If you are a naturalised citizen, your citizenship is revoked and you get deported.

Absolute zero tolerance to crime from foreigners. There are enough natural born Irish criminals, Ireland doesn’t need to import more.

I’m talking crimes, such as theft, burglary, assault, and so on. Anyone found to be a serious threat to public safety.

When you come to Ireland, you should know, Ireland welcomes everyone except criminals.

It’s a pity none of the mainstream political parties would pursue this proposal but I suspect a big majority of Irish people would favour this.

Plenty here downplaying it by saying its nothing new, that teenagers have been doing this for years, nothing to see here etc. Someone even posted it might have been an arranged fight!! wtf!

This is defintely something new and unless the guards do something about it now we'll become like London where knife crime has become endemic and now out of control.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/the-names-of-all-the-victims-killed-by-knives-in-london-so-far-in-2019-a4086201.html

In fairness to the poster that said it was an arranged fight he just misinterpreted the badly written article from the Journal.

I don't see how saying it has happened before is down playing this event. Nobody is saying it is acceptable in any way. But it is definitely not new.

According to the victims mother there were several whites involved in this assault so it's highly unlikely to be racially motivated.

Who knows. Perhaps it developed into a racist attack and they went along with it? perhaps they self identity as black in this brave new world we are in?

Who knows. Perhaps it developed into a racist attack and they went along with it? perhaps they self identity as black in this brave new world we are in?

What if a duck was a horse?

What if a duck was a horse?

You tell me very terry. You seem so sure it wasn’t racially motivated perhaps you might explain how you’ve come to that conclusion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

mad muffin wrote: »

Youd have my vote at the door.

• Advertisement

You tell me very terry. You seem so sure it wasn’t racially motivated perhaps you might explain how you’ve come to that conclusion?

I already did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement