Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

MrFresh wrote: »
    Seems pretty sensible. Let them at it and follow up after with public order prosecutions.

The sensible thing to do is to take the continental policing approach when a group of lads are running amok on the street

Beat fcuk out of them and then into the back of a van

It's the only language they understand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Do their job and go in and arrest some of them who are fighting

Arrest them for what exactly ?

no assault complaints, no cooperation, hard to identify .

public order and weapons charges are the only way to go.

if you want to be out rages go speak to you TD about forcing judges to giving effective sentences

That way your family and mine wont have to deal with these creatures

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

kylith wrote: »
    Gardai around D8 recently taking knives and bats off gangs of youths.

They were white, though, so where do I go to be outraged?

I've stated many times that all the scummy kids around here are white as snow, that shouldnt be an excuse to sweep similar behaviour under the rug just because the perpetrators happen to be of a different skin colour.

The Gardai are useless!

Was a big fight in Dundalk yesterday in housing estate (travellers) about 20 of them on road shouting, few fighting tops off etc.... 2 squad cars top of the road, 4 gardai standing beside the cars watching them.

Local lady was calling them a disgrace that they are standing watching this, that its going on every week, and kids cant even play because of these scums and its about time Gardai done somehting about it.

The Gardai's reply, If we go in there, we will probably be battered. So basically the Gardai on our street are scared! Why become a Gardai if your a ****ebag?

20 plus people is a riot, how many riot units are available at the moment to Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Surely 5 Gardai with 2 cans of pepper spray each could have subdued the scum enough to make the necessary arrests...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

The sensible thing to do is to take the continental policing approach when a group of lads are running amok on the street

Beat fcuk out of them and then into the back of a van

It's the only language they understand

Leaving aside the issue of 20 vs 4, beating people simply doesn't work. They don't learn a lesson from violence if they live a life of violence.

Quandary wrote: »
    Surely 5 Gardai with 2 cans of pepper spray each could have subdued the scum enough to make the necessary arrests...

They're not robots and this isn't the movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Leaving aside the issue of 20 vs 4, beating people simply doesn't work. They don't learn a lesson from violence if they live a life of violence.

That doesn't seem to bother some Gardai.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

So do people want the gardai to go in and beat ****e out of people who commit public order and assaults or is that a grevious abuse of their human rights

do you only want this to happen to people of a particular colour or mobile temperament ? or should every one acting the bollox on the street drunk should get a slap , like in Germany . who actually have a very effective police force

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

mynamejeff wrote: »
    So do people want the gardai to go in and beat ****e out of people who commit public order and assaults or is that a grevious abuse of their human rights

do you only want this to happen to people of a particular colour or mobile temperament ? or should every one acting the bollox on the street drunk should get a slap , like in Germany . who actually have a very effective police force

Everyone should get a slap

Wake up the next morning sore in a cell its makes you think twice about doing it again

Everyone should get a slap

Wake up the next morning sore in a cell its makes you think twice about doing it again

It makes you think that next time you might as well get a few digs in on the Garda because you're going to get battered either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

African youths running street battles in Portadown last weekend.

https://youtu.be/QXVjaIqcU4A

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Black people living in Portadown FFS this is getting comical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Law breakers should be given a 3 strikes and your out rule.
    After 3 strikes you're fuct on to an island with all the other bellends of society. Fend for yourself, no support financially, no laws.
    And no way back to the mainland.

Be savage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

^ so ... an Escape from New York scenario? In Dublin, that would mean you drop them all on Lambay Island.

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Plenty of islands off the coast of mayo. Pick one and turn it into our very own island of outlaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

****ing hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

other countries handle public disorder much better
    lets be honest, we're pretty poor at dealing with scum

I see Tesco have had to stop deliveries to certain parts of Tallaght. Only the postman still goes to those parts I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I see Tesco have had to stop deliveries to certain parts of Tallaght. Only the postman still goes to those parts I'd say.

Sad for the people who genuinely need the service having their lives turned upside down by a group of little good for nothing thugs.

I go back to the point i'm blue in the face making.

We don't have a justice system or proper police force. How are any of these problems ever going to be dealt with in the absence of these basic needs?

The irony with the African gangs thing is that i'm willing to bet their own countries , as poor as they may be, have better more forceful policing and tougher justice systems than Ireland does.

This is all brought on ourselves. No one is doing this to us. We simply refuse to have serious justice or policing that is the norm in all other countries in Europe.

People walking the streets with 100's of convictions, free legal aid, house for life no matter how much of a life ruining bastard to the people around you you are, doormat judges, no consequences for anything...etc etc...

All this stuff has to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Muggings going on in parks around as well. As bad as it's ever been by the sounds of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

bnt wrote: »
    ^ so ... an Escape from New York scenario? In Dublin, that would mean you drop them all on Lambay Island.

too close to the mainland, you could swim it.
    need something further offshore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ush1 wrote: »
    Muggings going on in parks around as well. As bad as it's ever been by the sounds of things.
    Sadly there's that untouchable vibe about teens of a certain age. Courts will only deal with the worst of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Jurnos saying on Twitter Glen Wards house was shot up in Finglas in tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭safeasparagus

Jurnos saying on Twitter Glen Wards was shot up in Finglas in tonight.

BREAKING - Shots fired at home of Kinahan cartel linked gangster Mr Flashy in Finglas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

His gaff was raided on Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Suckit wrote: »
    His gaff was raided on Friday

Thought it was Friday before that.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Anyone else seen the horrific picture floating about on WhatsApp of the guy who got his face slashed in Finglas last week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

https://youtu.be/o7ao6LOUMOQ

https://youtu.be/ZAFWzGfTUno

Irish Drill

Gangs and Hoods

Part 1&2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

A group of chanting drunk teenagers got on my Northside dart today. All white.

I’ve never seen these black gangs and the videos could be from anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Anyone else seen the horrific picture floating about on WhatsApp of the guy who got his face slashed in Finglas last week?

Yeah, said it happened in the Garda station?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

If it doesn't happen to you, it doesn't happen at all?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

How’s does that Padraig o Reilly get the photos?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Ush1 wrote:
    Yeah, said it happened in the Garda station?

It happened at the bus stop outside the garda station.
    The victim had dropped off clothes to a friend of his that was in custody and was waiting on the bus back to blanch when he was attacked..he then ran into the garda station covered in blood.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It happened at the bus stop outside the garda station.
    The victim had dropped off clothes to a friend of his that was in custody and was waiting on the bus back to blanch when he was attacked..he then ran into the garda station covered in blood.

I thought it happened inside, the way I heard the story, the victim was being booked in at the station, guy (from rival gang) enters, stabs/slashes and tries to get away.
    I've seen an image of the aftermath in the station, it wasn't pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

I hate Irish scum more than anyone, but it does concern me that we seem perfectly fine to import more scum on top of ours.

I feel that as a country we already had a pretty high ratio of scum to 'well behaved' people.

Future is looking a bit grim, for me. There seems to be no sentiment towards actually resolving any of these issues outside of just giving everyone free houses.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I thought it happened inside, the way I heard the story, the victim was being booked in at the station, guy (from rival gang) enters, stabs/slashes and tries to get away.

That's what I heard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ush1 wrote: »
    That's what I heard.

I don't believe that he bus stop was cordoned off either which would have been part of the scene.

Just looking at the news reports, it say's it was a father who was attacked bringing clothes to his son who was booked in, and that he walked into the station to get help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

No that's not what happened.
    The person attacked had just dropped a change of clothes in finglas Garda station for his son who had arrested over the corduff fued.
    He had left the station and was at the bus stop when he was attacked ,he then ran back into the Garda station for help.
    The chap attacked is the father of one of the fueding thugs in the corduff area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

I don't believe that he bus stop was cordoned off either which would have been part of the scene.

Just looking at the news reports, it say's it was a father who was attacked bringing clothes to his son who was booked in, and that he walked into the station to get help.

It was at the 17a bus stop which is right next to the garda station.

It was at the 17a bus stop which is right next to the garda station.

i'm familiar with it :)

Not just black, apparently African too, if you are to believe some on this thread. Not clear how people know their nationalities.

Not just black, apparently African too, if you are to believe some on this thread. Not clear how people know their nationalities.

Africa is a country now is it?

Would African-Irish be more accurate? And I wonder what physical characteristic would allow folks witnessing the crimes of these gangs, establish where the might hail from :rolleyes: .

• Advertisement

givyjoe wrote: »
    Africa is a country now is it?

It's a continent, with countries in it. You can find more in an Atlas.

Would African-Irish be more accurate?And I wonder what physical characteristic would allow folks witnessing the crimes of these gangs, establish where the might hail from :rolleyes: .

Maybe they were wearing a flag.

It's a continent, with countries in it. You can find more in an Atlas.

Maybe they were wearing a flag.

Now now, it's best just to admit your faux pas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

If it doesn't happen to you, it doesn't happen at all?

Statistically I travel north to north county Dublin, 3-7 times a week. It depends on how much I cycle and if I travel on weekends. So if this were common then yes I would expect to encounter it, or hear about it. Not just internet guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Statistically I travel north to north county Dublin, 3-7 times a week. It depends on how much I cycle and if I travel on weekends. So if this were common then yes I would expect to encounter it, or hear about it. Not just internet guff.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/teen-boys-15-knifed-by-gang-of-youths-in-vicious-seaside-attacks-36188193.html

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/pregnant-woman-threatened-gang-up-13545298

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/gardai-dealing-with-absolutely-crazy-situation-as-huge-gang-viciously-mugging-teens-in-north-dublins-seaside-towns/ar-BBPyeSX

https://dublingazette.com/news/news-fingal/darragh-obrien-51797/

Yep, If Franz hasn't seen it, then nothing is happening. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh right, so the people LIVING in these areas must be imagining it so, as opposed to you who travels to North County Dublin a whole 3 to 7 times a week. North Dublin is a pretty big area, have you managed to develop omnipotent status?! These scumbags like to film their scummy day trips and bashings and share them on snapchat, literal video evidence isn't good enough for you. You have to see it with your own eyes?!

To add, you opened with Statistically as if you alone, and your 3-7 trips have any kind of statistical significance.. riiiiiight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement