Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

.Charlo wrote: »
    RTE news showed footage of that Iranian strolling around at another crime scene, never mentioned when or where. Anyone else see that?

Seen it on another news site that claimed it was Little’s shooting. Hard to imagine that though. It’s a really quiet area and it would be the height of brazenness and Garda incompetence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Christy seems a sound enough fella and a decent councillor. He nearly got in the Dail a few years ago

He got shafted for mary lou mcdonald of all people iirc

Pretty sure he was widely believed to been implicated in killing of martin cahill

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 335 ✭✭.Charlo

Seen it on another news site that claimed it was Little’s shooting. Hard to imagine that though. It’s a really quiet area and it would be the height of brazenness and Garda incompetence.

I think it was mate, I'm thinking now maybe a few of the pals decided to visit to scene and he went with them. I cant see him just arriving up there alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

RTE news showed footage of that Iranian strolling around at another crime scene, never mentioned when or where. Anyone else see that?

I was watching that. They said on RTE that it was the scene of Little's murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Not much discussion about that issue in the media today

No great surprise there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

_blaaz wrote: »

Pretty sure he was widely believed to been implicated in killing of martin cahill

There was no investigation by the state into Martins murder so we will never know

Strange that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm not a criminal but i reckon if i raided a brothel and my colleagues robbed all the hookers i'd be looking at a few years in the joy, this iranian chap GOT OFF THAT SAME CHARGE.....WHAT ABSOLUTE F***

There was no investigation by the state into Martins murder so we will never know

Strange that

I gave a fair while living in and around cabra few years ago and it seemed to be an open secret there anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Christy has lots of ‘blood on his hands’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

The only loser in this war is JD Sports.
    More like brown thomas

• Advertisement

Christy has lots of ‘blood on his hands’.

So long as none of it innocent blood....dont see any harm personally

Only hearing of this now, that fellas very lucky to only be getting 3 years. The usually throw the book at the IRA lads.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/ira-man-secretly-recorded-assisting-in-interrogations-is-jailed-1.3905747%3fmode=amp

they 3 judge court seem to have a scale and he was deemed lower on the scale...even though he took part in one interrogation

I gave a fair while living in and around cabra few years ago and it seemed to be an open secret there anyways

24hr surveillance on him and then it just disappeared on that afternoon in Renelagh

Whoever did it was never going to have to worry about being caught

24hr surveillance on him and then it just disappeared on that afternoon in Renelagh

Whoever did it was never going to have to worry about being caught

The shinners are quick to (rightly) point out collusion in the north.....but the same happened here too.

Gaurds turned a blind eye because it was felt cahill assisted the uvf(i think??) in part payment for paintings (???)after the ira laughed at him for help to dispose it/buy them (so the wise old shinners about cabra said to me)

Fun fact....my dad was stopped a checkpoint leaving dublin that day and questioned (very) briefly as he used be up and down to dublin regularly at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Sounds like the copper chopper is over north Dublin now.
    Keeping an eye on things, or I wonder if something has happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

whiskeyman wrote: »

Might not be the case here but the Garda chopper often has to hold around the Coolock area waiting to cross Dublin Airport flightpath if it's not an emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Joegriffin2019

Think Leos floating about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

whiskeyman wrote: »

Yeah, cos it's so unusual to hear a helicopter in North Dublin. I mean, it's not like there's an international airport there or anything.

The shinners are quick to (rightly) point out collusion in the north.....but the same happened here too.

Gaurds turned a blind eye because it was felt cahill assisted the uvf(i think??) in part payment for paintings (???)after the ira laughed at him for help to dispose it/buy them (so the wise old shinners about cabra said to me)

Fun fact....my dad was stopped a checkpoint leaving dublin that day and questioned (very) briefly as he used be up and down to dublin regularly at the time

Nothing to do with paintings

No Martin broke into the DPP's office and borrowed a lot of files

The one about the murdered priest was of special interest

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

The one about the murdered priest was of special interest

go on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

El_Bee wrote: »
    go on?

A priest was killed at a party on offaly in the 1980s

Some senior Fianna Failer(s) present...(allegedly)
    home owner was charged with manslaughter.
    judge seemed to be pals with the accused too
    accused walked free on direction of judge
    seems fishy in the extreme

Google Fr Niall Molloy and you'll get the whole story.
    Cahill stole the files from DPP (with other stuff)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Someone stabbed near James' Hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Saw this on Dublin WhatsApp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jdo3zN6U1o

Claims to be Crosby yappin to Owen McGuire...slagging the ****e out of him. That Crosby fella is some boy...I was in the CCJ on the first day of his trial for attempted murder and the evidence that was presented was sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Voltex wrote: »

Claims to be Crosby yappin to Owen McGuire...slagging the ****e out of him. That Crosby fella is some boy...I was in the CCJ on the first day of his trial for attempted murder and the evidence that was presented was sickening.

He likes to say C'mere a lot

I heard he's going on trial again next month but can't confirm. Theres nothing in the media about a retrial, should know in a few weeks either way

Not sure when Jonathan Gill's trial was set...but I was standing at the back of Court 5 a few months ago when his case was up for mention. Gill arrived in at the last minute..stood at the very back of the room...looked a bit nervous and with a new haircut. While he was waiting for his case to be called, he actually changed his top in the Court. Looked like a man under pressure...then disappeared out the door with his solicitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/victim-stabbed-28-times-has-told-court-he-lied-to-a-jury-last-year-1.3795627

The outcome of that case:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/man-found-not-guilty-of-attempting-to-murder-another-stabbed-28-times-1.3801792

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

I’ve said it before and I will say it again **** the majority of Journalists etc but Padraig O’Reilly is on the ball. I’d say he’s more clued in to who done what than the guards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I’ve said it before and I will say it again **** the majority of Journalists etc but Padraig O’Reilly is on the ball. I’d say he’s more clued in to who done what than the guards

He must be getting leaked info?Surely that should not be allowed

Isn't he a guard or an ex-guard? I remember he had a lot of knowledge of what and how the sub-aqua unit worked or something like that.

He once had a pic of David Rock scribbling out graffiti sprayed on a wall on Sean McDermot st. saying he was a rat! His timing is something else!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

bigpink wrote: »
    He must be getting leaked info?Surely that should not be allowed

Likely leaked by people involved not the Gardai so all fine.

I mean even in this thread people are saying where the chopper or Gardai are heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

He’s an ex guard? I didn’t know that, he should start a column, put Paul Williams out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I feel sorry for Coolock In all of this . Darndale isn’t coolock . Neither is Kilmore West

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

I feel sorry for Coolock In all of this . Darndale isn’t coolock . Neither is Kilmore West

I thought that. What is kilmore then ?

Not sure when Jonathan Gill's trial was set...but I was standing at the back of Court 5 a few months ago when his case was up for mention. Gill arrived in at the last minute..stood at the very back of the room...looked a bit nervous and with a new haircut. While he was waiting for his case to be called, he actually changed his top in the Court. Looked like a man under pressure...then disappeared out the door with his solicitor.

nidge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭jay1988

I've lived In Kilmore West my whole life and its always been Coolock.

• Advertisement

Bloody house prices might go down.

Abba987 wrote: »
    I thought that. What is kilmore then ?

Kilmore Dublin 5 . Some try claim Artane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Always been Coolock.

Kilmore is just part of it. Nice try though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Loads of garda activity around corduff/Waterville. Chopper been hovering for a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Kilmore Dublin 5 . Some try claim Artane

I had a relative who just called it Dublin 5

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Always been Coolock.

Kilmore is just part of it. Nice try though.

Number whatever
    Kilbarron drive for example
    Kilmore west
    Coolock
    Dublin 5

No way .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Number whatever
    Kilbarron drive for example
    Kilmore west
    Coolock
    Dublin 5

No way .

Nope...
    Number whatever
    Kilbarron Drive
    Coolock
    Dublin 5

Another example

‘Where are you from?’
    ‘Coolock’
    ‘Which part?’
    ‘Kilmore’

About two months ago the media were call the chipper robbery in Edenmore as in Coolock.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Likely leaked by people involved not the Gardai so all fine.

I mean even in this thread people are saying where the chopper or Gardai are heading.

He has access to crime scenes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The Michael O'Toole Twitter is very quite regarding the developments of the last week.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

bigpink wrote: »
    He has access to crime scenes

No, as you clearly see even the hitman was there.
    Outside the crime seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Mary Lou is a ****ebag that has destroyed Sinn Fein and Martin Cahill was dirt

Christy would have my vote if I lived there

The Michael O'Toole Twitter is very quite regarding the developments of the last week.

Strange he normally tweets loads

Jeff2 wrote: »
    No, as you clearly see even the hitman was there.
    Outside the crime seen.

Yes but the Gardaí are illegally giving information no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Every bit of info he has is from the Guards. None of his pictures would have happened only Gardai feed him info

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement