Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

myshirt wrote: »
    This isn't a joke, nor is it for your entertainment.

Relax. It’s a discussion site. It’s not like the lads here are going to solve a crime or have any actual inside knowledge.

i often find it both entertaining and amusing tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It is entertaining.

Something fishy about latest shooting.
    Why go for stomach and especially when it’s known your man wears a vest. I have a feeling this was planned. By the victim himself or the son.

To be that accurate would take a world class shot, a knowledge of anatomy to rival an anatomy professer and a target that would stay still while it was lined up.

Then you would need a lot of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Why go for stomach and especially when it’s known your man wears a vest. I have a feeling this was planned. By the victim himself or the son.

Why would anyone do that? Now it’s never happened to me but I would hazard a guess that the stomach is probably the worst place to be shot and survive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ClintPower

.........WHY?

What possible advantage would be gained.

And if for some loopy reason they did do this, why in a crowded area with the risk of strays being caught?

Was he wearing a vest at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ChuckLarry

How much money were you making? If you don't mind me asking.
    Is it really "easy money" as people say?
    To me it seems difficult.
    What's the profit margin on product? for example if you bought 10g wholesale and sold in 1gs.
    I've heard xtc can be bought wholesale at 1 euro a pill and sold for 5 euro.
    I'm not a garda or interested in entering the business, just curious

If you were a Garda I’d expect you to know prices etc so I’ll assume your not

I’m in no way involved in selling anything but I live in an area and grew up around a lot of it so

The dealers are a strange bunch in that they use both metric and imperial measurement, a lot of coke is sold in ounces (unless your big time and moving kilos) then broken down into grams

Last price I heard you could get an ounce for probably 1k at the cheapest but let’s say 1200

28g in an ounce
    If you sold all 28g as gram bags (also known as 1er bags) you’d make 2800, however very few people are paying the full 100 in my experience most 1er bags are now in fact 80
    28 times 80 is 2240 less your 1200 cost clears you a cool 1040

If you didn’t want the hassle of shifting 28 individual bags you could sell 4 quarters for roughly 400 each making you 1600, so not as a high a return obviously but you could get a deal done a lot quicker, or you could buy several ounces and do a combination of both

Then there’s where extra greed comes in with mixing it down i.e. buying an ounce of good stuff and adding 5g of ‘mix’ giving you 32+ g now, but if you take this too far you’ll have **** stuff and no repeat business, so it’s not as simple as people make out tbh, some lads will sell ****e cheaper or some lads will sell good stuff for lower margins and have higher turnover, A lot of them could benefit from some business and economics classes to improve their strategy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

ClintPower wrote:
    What is the story with crack? The media have been saying the epidemic is around the corner for 19 years now, has it really finally materialised? On two occasions in the last few weeks I've seen teenagers on the Luas and in town acting in a really bizarre, hyped manner, off it in a manner I've never seen before. I've never lived in a crack heavy community so I don't know what they really look like.

Usually crackheads are poly-drug users.
    They will smoke crack during the day and then smoke heroin and swally pills in the evening to get to sleep.
    For some reason irish junkies like a bit of shut eye unlike the meth tweaker in the US who will go for weeks without sleep.

Usually crackheads are poly-drug users.
    They will smoke crack during the day and then smoke heroin and swally pills in the evening to get to sleep.
    For some reason irish junkies like a bit of shut eye unlike the meth tweaker in the US who will go for weeks without sleep.

It speaks volumes that someone who destroyed themselves with heroin from the 90's has no qualms introducing another disastrous drug into their lives when it comes on the scene.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

A lot of crack is sold at O'Connell bridge and down at merchants arch. I've also heard of Roma gypsies selling small amounts but I dunno if they're doing it off their own bat or selling for other dealers

• Advertisement

ChuckLarry wrote: »

28g in an ounce
    If you sold all 28g as gram bags (also known as 1er bags) you’d make 2800, however very few people are paying the full 100 in my experience most 1er bags are now in fact 80

Also have to factor in that a dealer's best customer is usually himself.

Anywhere between three and 10 bags per week might be going up his own nose, or/ and the missus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

A lot of them could benefit from some business and economics classes to improve their strategy
    Advice that killing is bad for business and that getting killed is seriously bad business .

I wonder how many of them could make it as legitimate entrepreneurs in other fields . Probably not many .

A lot of crack is sold at O'Connell bridge and down at merchants arch. I've also heard of Roma gypsies selling small amounts but I dunno if they're doing it off their own bat or selling for other dealers
    They really could do with a better class of girlfriend / wife !

Yes it’s known by anyone he’s associated with that he wears a vest 24/7. Now why go for him in a packed car park ? Rather than outside his house then go for the body when it’s known he wears a vest. The dude hasn’t a scratch on him.

Why wasn't it like the movies, seems to be your question?

Yes it’s known by anyone he’s associated with that he wears a vest 24/7. Now why go for him in a packed car park ? Rather than outside his house then go for the body when it’s known he wears a vest. The dude hasn’t a scratch on him.
    Any bullet holes ? Scratching is a slow way to kill but fun for some I guess .

I’m in no way involved in selling anything but I live in an area and grew up around a lot of it so

The dealers are a strange bunch in that they use both metric and imperial measurement, a lot of coke is sold in ounces (unless your big time and moving kilos) then broken down into grams

Last price I heard you could get an ounce for probably 1k at the cheapest but let’s say 1200

28g in an ounce

If you didn’t want the hassle of shifting 28 individual bags you could sell 4 quarters for roughly 400 each making you 1600, so not as a high a return obviously but you could get a deal done a lot quicker, or you could buy several ounces and do a combination of both

Then there’s where extra greed comes in with mixing it down i.e. buying an ounce of good stuff and adding 5g of ‘mix’ giving you 32+ g now, but if you take this too far you’ll have **** stuff and no repeat business, so it’s not as simple as people make out tbh, some lads will sell ****e cheaper or some lads will sell good stuff for lower margins and have higher turnover, A lot of them could benefit from some business and economics classes to improve their strategy

What's the bulk costs on weed, yokes and heroin these days? I think a 9 bar of hash was 500 way back when but I can't properly remember. Is it more now with the hash being pollen?

Think yokes were 2 a pop when retail price was a fiver although that would depend on who you asked. Think they're often knocked out for a tenner or three for 20 now, depends who you talk to.

Is there any reliable statistics on how many kilos, pills and 50's or weed are shifted in this country on a weekly basis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

ClintPower wrote: »
    Also have to factor in that a dealer's best customer is usually himself.

Anywhere between three and 10 bags per week might be going up his own nose, or/ and the missus.

Yep & before he has it mixed too, always a few spongers or so called mates hanging around them as well.

Truth is the lads knocking out the g's are making fck all. It's the boys knocking out the ounces plus that's laughing and from experience them lads seem to be able to not bother taking it or at the very least control themselves. The lads with the women who's in the Nail & Beauty business & breed show quality staffordshire bull terriers & pocket bullies themselves etc.

. The lads with the women who's in the Nail & Beauty business.

Meaning what, mostly cash, front operation? He drives a car "she" bought for him from her successful business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Danzy wrote: »
    Why wasn't it like the movies, seems to be your question?

Indeed. Thinking now there’s no way it was done purposely it was a failed attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Meaning what, mostly cash, front operation? He drives a car "she" bought for him from her successful business?

Meaning that industry deos tend to attract a certain type from my experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

28g in an ounce

Thanks for that, found it interesting. I'm from Kerry so this is alien to me.

Also, let's say regarding the hierarchy:

Would the cartel supply a Mr Flashy type with lets say 20kgs for maybe 300,000.

He distributes to his guys in various parts of the city or country. His guy in Blanch gets 2 or 3 KGS. Likewise Coolock, Swords and so on would get a couple of KGS. Maybe they pay 20,000 /kg.

Then these guys distribute it in 125g (1/2 bar), or 250g (9bar)bags to other guys who pay 7,000 for 250g or 4,000 for 125g.

Then these guys might sell in 28g bags (ounces)for 1200 as you've said.

Then the street dealer is selling 1g bags or 3.5gs (8 ball).
    So there's maybe 5 levels in Ireland approximately.

I'm aware the above is riddled with mistakes but you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

I know personally flashy’s middle men are charging 2000 an oz, 7000 a half bar and 13000 a full bar. Flashy is probably buying it in bulk for 20,000 then selling It onto his fellas for 30,000-35000 of course he is more than lightly mixing the coke and rerocking it. Remember the kinahans are buying it for 1400 a kilo from source countries and he is high up the supply chain which means he has a very high purity and with the cocaine cuts around now you’d hardly notice any difference

For ket, his middle men are charging 4000 a bar there probably buying keys for around 9000-10000

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ChuckLarry

Thanks for that, found it interesting. I'm from Kerry so this is alien to me.

Also, let's say regarding the hierarchy:

Would the cartel supply a Mr Flashy type with lets say 20kgs for maybe 300,000.

He distributes to his guys in various parts of the city or country. His guy in Blanch gets 2 or 3 KGS. Likewise Coolock, Swords and so on would get a couple of KGS. Maybe they pay 20,000 /kg.

Then these guys distribute it in 125g (1/2 bar), or 250g (9bar)bags to other guys who pay 7,000 for 250g or 4,000 for 125g.

Then these guys might sell in 28g bags (ounces)for 1200 as you've said.

Then the street dealer is selling 1g bags or 3.5gs (8 ball).
    So there's maybe 5 levels in Ireland approximately.

I'm aware the above is riddled with mistakes but you get the idea.

Ah yeah your 100% right there’s levels to it, to be honest I wouldn’t know the exact workings of the higher level stuff, nor would most people I’d assume unless your involved in it, everyone knows the workings at street level but less so at the top, I know lads that would but it might raise a few eyebrows going asking haha

As I said although it’s illegal the same business principles apply, the difference being if you don’t stick with the agreed credit terms you get a bullet instead of a solicitors letter

There’s also a distinction to be made at the top level between a dealer and a trafficker/importer, some top level lads wouldn’t really be dealers they’d be involved in sourcing and organizing shipments of full loads, they may be involved in splitting it once it arrives in but they generally aren’t ‘dealers’

I know that might be splitting hairs to some but the leap from dealer to importer is the leap from mr flashy to christy K

I know personally flashy’s middle men are charging 2000 an oz, 7000 a half bar and 13000 a full bar. Flashy is probably buying it in bulk for 20,000 then selling It onto his fellas for 30,000-35000 of course he is more than lightly mixing the coke and rerocking it. Remember the kinahans are buying it for 1400 a kilo from source countries and he is high up the supply chain which means he has a very high purity and with the cocaine cuts around now you’d hardly notice any difference

Ok thanks. My pricing was way off. Like any other hierarchy, all the profits are at the higher levels but also higher risk.
    Without naming names, but the guys bereaved this year would be buying bars and half bars or full kilos? Or maybe it's impossible to know really, but I assume it must be for fairly large sums of money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Can we stick to metric lads please.
    Im having difficulty keeping up.

Ok thanks. My pricing was way off. Like any other hierarchy, all the profits are at the higher levels but also higher risk.
    Without naming names, but the guys bereaved this year would be buying bars and half bars or full kilos? Or maybe it's impossible to know really, but I assume it must be for fairly large sums of money

Few kilos at a time I’d say. One of the lads I got stuff off before up there was high up young lad only my own age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Don't forget the Garda 'street value'.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Jesus this thread is really depressing, I don't think I can follow it anymore. One thing I've realised in the past few days looking at the sons of dealers going around on their quads and dirtbikes acting like hard men and more than likely taking drugs in their early teens is, they're all just....... spoiled.
    Someone mentioned Favelas earlier, if you look at the kids there in Brazil, or in South Africa or Turkey, Egypt, Pakistan etc. they are pretty savage, but they have to be, because it's sink or swim. While over here you have kids who live with their parents, house is free of the council more often than not, plus fuel allowance (so many houses have that free insulation on the outside, nice arm comfy homes), two cars at least (suspiciously expensive cars for people on social welfare or working "part time" 2 days a week), latest tracksuits, runners etc. holidays, and of course a motorbike (no tax or insurance but the Gardai dont care, tax or NCT on your car out by a day and it's off to the impound lot though).
    Look at a homeless kid in Lahore, you think his mammy has him in a free hotel room where she can cry on Joe Duffy about being a victim even though she's probably been bounced out of 2-3 houses already for anti-social behaviour and turned down 2 offers from the council because it's too far from her own mammy who minds the kids when she cant be bothered?
    Anyway what I'm saying that we're a soft country who have completely accepted, tolerated and even celebrated crime and anti-social behaviour, and now we're throwing our hands up and asking "how did we get to this", and "what's to be done"? We got here by spoiling and coddling successive generations and simultaneously throwing a pity party about how hard done by we all are and how tough it is in our western European welfare state. That's my Ted Talk thanks for coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I used to sell a load of coke you’d be surprised whose taking it from 5th years to business owners. Once you hit 2nd year in uni people will only take coke no other drug does it they loose interest in the less harmful stuff like ecstasy

I don't mean to generalise, but there's a lot of very staid, boring people in university. People who watch every penny.

I saw an addict lying in his own vomit in doorway recently with mucus streaming down his nose. He had no idea where he was but in fairness he wasn’t a 'staid or boring ' person and he didn't have a penny.

• Advertisement

Few kilos at a time I’d say. One of the lads I got stuff off before up there was high up young lad only my own age

My assumption is that if they're being killed for drug debts it must in the higher 5 figure sums.

It certainly takes balls, I'll give them that. One mistake from prison or bullets.

El_Bee wrote: »
    Jesus this thread is really depressing, I don't think I can follow it anymore. One thing I've realised in the past few days looking at the sons of dealers going around on their quads and dirtbikes acting like hard men and more than likely taking drugs in their early teens is, they're all just....... spoiled.
    Someone mentioned Favelas earlier, if you look at the kids there in Brazil, or in South Africa or Turkey, Egypt, Pakistan etc. they are pretty savage, but they have to be, because it's sink or swim. While over here you have kids who live with their parents, house is free of the council more often than not, plus fuel allowance (so many houses have that free insulation on the outside, nice arm comfy homes), two cars at least (suspiciously expensive cars for people on social welfare or working "part time" 2 days a week), latest tracksuits, runners etc. holidays, and of course a motorbike (no tax or insurance but the Gardai dont care, tax or NCT on your car out by a day and it's off to the impound lot though).
    Look at a homeless kid in Lahore, you think his mammy has him in a free hotel room where she can cry on Joe Duffy about being a victim even though she's probably been bounced out of 2-3 houses already for anti-social behaviour and turned down 2 offers from the council because it's too far from her own mammy who minds the kids when she cant be bothered?
    Anyway what I'm saying that we're a soft country who have completely accepted, tolerated and even celebrated crime and anti-social behaviour, and now we're throwing our hands up and asking "how did we get to this", and "what's to be done"? We got here by spoiling and coddling successive generations and simultaneously throwing a pity party about how hard done by we all are and how tough it is in our western European welfare state. That's my Ted Talk thanks for coming.

Moving to America once I’ve my degree finished sick of this kip

There's lads that bring in a few kilos at a time from Spain. 30k up front for a kilo and if he (lad bringing it in) gets snared you're dosh is gone. That's the way I know of things being operated in a few of the big hubs in the west. The cute lads that's supplying the street dealers (lads knocking out eights / quarters & g's etc) in a lot of big towns don't owe anyone higher up the chain than them anything it's mostly all up front. The only squeeze is put the smaller lads. I think it's part of the reason there's less **** going on west of the shannon. Handing stuff out on tick nearly always ends up bad. Don't get into it unless you have the dosh to make what I'd call an investment at the start and take it from there. Then you'll have some chance.

I saw an addict lying in his own vomit in doorway recently with mucus streaming down his nose. He had no idea where he was but in fairness he wasn’t a 'staid or boring ' person and he didn't have a penny.

Don't get me wrong, people can be whoever they want to be. What I'm saying is there's a reason that houses sell for 320K despite most people in their late 20's early 30's saying that they can't afford one at that price, and that is because there's a lot of people who spend their 20's claiming "I'm so broke" because it sounds cool but are are actually squirreling away 10- 15 grand a year through frugal spending.

These are the college going, finance sector working people who wouldn't dream of buying coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Yeah America is a great spot next to zero gun crime i hear. Much better than this kip alright

There's lads that bring in a few kilos at a time from Spain. 30k up front for a kilo and if he (lad bringing it in) gets snared you're dosh is gone. That's the way I know of things being operated in a few of the big hubs in the west. The cute lads that's supplying the street dealers (lads knocking out eights / quarters & g's etc) in a lot of big towns don't owe anyone higher up the chain than them anything it's mostly all up front. The only squeeze is put the smaller lads. I think it's part of the reason there's less **** going on west of the shannon. Handing stuff out on tick nearly always ends up bad. Don't get into it unless you have the dosh to make what I'd call an investment at the start and take it from there. Then you'll have some chance.

Country lads are sourcing direct from Spain and by the kilo? I'd have imagined it was run by people who had connections to Dublin and Limerick, perhaps from people they met in prison, no? Or using Dubs resident down the sticks as a go between.

Go into your little rural pub on a Saturday night and you could be listening to two farmers talking about the weather and the price of cattle you could be listening to two lads involved at a high level. Go to mass the following morning and the youngish enough new parish priest that plays football in the astro-turf cages on a wednesday night is after doing a line before he leaves the sacristy to say mass. It's fckin' rife!

Country lads are sourcing direct from Spain and by the kilo? I'd have imagined it was run by people who had connections to Dublin and Limerick, perhaps from people they met in prison, no? Or using Dubs resident down the sticks as a go between.

The lads in Spain are more than likely the same lads that the instagram gangsters that love attention are getting it off. Don't think for a minute these clowns are the be all & end all when it comes to getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

The sligo gangs would be fairly well connected. Even some of the Dublin gangs bring a good bit of stuff in through the west coast so I am sure the lads the gangs have on the ground around these places move a bit around the west.
    Some of the biggest movers around the Midlands are in the Banditos gang based out of Limerick now but they do supply up as far as Athlone for there

The sligo gangs would be fairly well connected. Even some of the Dublin gangs bring a good bit of stuff in through the west coast so I am sure the lads the gangs have on the ground around these places move a bit around the west.
    Some of the biggest movers around the Midlands are in the Banditos gang based out of Limerick now but they do supply up as far as Athlone for there

They have a huge catchment area alright. Big difference in living out in the sthicks and staying completely off the radar too than opposed to be living in a housing estate tearing around the place on your scrambler and gold chain swinging off your neck. It's literally night & day.

• Advertisement

Yeah America is a great spot next to zero gun crime i hear. Much better than this kip alright

Not in Dublin sham, glad the scumbags are shooting each other tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

America is worse

America is worse

More business opportunities. Don’t worry I don’t intend to hang around any scumbag drug dealers

The Whistleblower on Twitter is going to be going off line for a while. This is on the back of the Dubai lads supposedly putting a six figure sum up for info on him.

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/1135515487297843209

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/1135514635619225600

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Well said, bottom line we are extremely soft on Anti Social Behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

The Whistleblower on Twitter is going to be going off line for a while. This is on the back of the Dubai lads supposedly putting a six figure sum up for info on him.

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/1135515487297843209

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/1135514635619225600

I have reason to suspect its not a him doing the actual posting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Now that the whistleblower is confident that he/she has their attention, they go offline.
    Surely they were expecting that to happen and put in some precautions. I would have thought so anyway.

Backup account, depending if they can trust anyone, also a backup person... VPN etc.

Still would be worrying, but knowing that they're now rattled..

Dublin wouldn't even rate for violence in quiter parts of America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Lol America. Good luck with that. No shortage of kips over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Imatyourdoor

Mark my words this thread will light up soon in a matter of a week. Bye Bye;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement