Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

that's some mental **** to be saying

Have you even one iota of anything to back this claim up

None whatsoever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

According to one genius in here they're not the worst. Does a bit of gardening for the neighbours and all that.
    Probably knows that he is not heading for the Garden of Eden .

Better get the gardening in now !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

.Charlo wrote: »
    What about it is mental? Have you looked into the case, what do you think is the most likely thing to have happened?

Yes of course

did he have any history in this regard at all? Never heard it

it's a big stretch for a young fella to take that leap

So i'd say it's unlikely

And for the body to never turn up, after a drunken suicide?

aah come on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 335 ✭✭.Charlo

Yes of course

So i'd say it's unlikely

aah come on

There are plenty of people that walk into the sea and their body never turns up, there are only 3 theories.

1. He fell into the dodder and was washed out to sea.
    2. Suicide by drowning.
    3. Got into an altercation with someone on the way home and was murderd and buried somewhere.

Suicide would be the overwhelming favourite here, of course that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Very bad weather at the time
    Taxi strike
    Around 3-4am walking home drunk
    Might have been accosted by a prostitute and a pimp
    Due to no punters around they robbed him and it went wrong, killed and thrown in the canal

Canal was dredged good few days after the gates were open allowing body to be washed away

Who knows

• Advertisement

There are plenty of people that walk into the sea and their body never turns up, there are only 3 theories.

1. He fell into the dodder and was washed out to sea.
    2. Suicide by drowning.
    3. Got into an altercation with someone on the way home and was murderd and buried somewhere.

Suicide would be the overwhelming favourite here, of course that's just my opinion.

Jaysus, that's just not true, mostly they wash ashore, in Dublin bay almost definitional , in Carnsore point maybe not

As far as a body getting down the dodder again unlikey, its not usually a raging torrent

Very bad weather at the time
    Taxi strike
    Around 3-4am walking home drunk
    Might have been accosted by a prostitute and a pimp
    Due to no punters around they robbed him and it went wrong, killed and thrown in the canal

Canal was dredged good few days after the gates were open allowing body to be washed away

Who knows

if he fell in the canal he'd have turned up, it's slow flowing and empties into the basin at the end

Jaysus, that's just not true, mostly they wash ashore, in Dublin bay almost definitional , in Carnsore point maybe not

As far as a body getting down the dodder again unlikey, its not usually a raging torrent

It's of course possible that he may have washed ashore somewhere but not here in Ireland. I remember a couple of cases, a woman went missing from wexford and her body showed up on the Welsh coast but she wasnt identified for 20 years. Also an elderly man went missing from Finglas a few years ago and he washed up in Blackpool. It's worth noting also with the bad weather the Dodder would have been swollen and flowing fast on that night.

if he fell in the canal he'd have turned up, it's slow flowing and empties into the basin at the end

He had walked a long way past the canal when he was last seen, no way he went In there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Yes of course

So i'd say it's unlikely

aah come on

Who has a a history of suicide??:confused::confused:

Here's a few relevant items

https://www.ilsf.org/biblio/suicide-by-drowning-in-ireland/

Over 400 persons commit suicide annually in Ireland out of which about 100 drown themselves. The causes of suicide are multi-factorial with mental illness and alcohol consumption major influences. Many suicides occur immediately after binge drinking sessions. One-third of all female and one-fifth of all male Irish suicide victims choose to drown themselves. There are a number of common features to suicide by drowning events including week-end nights, bridges over rivers, prior binge drinking and males between 15 and 35 years.

Time: at night between 10.00pm and 3.00am.
    Research indicates that most deliberate entries take place during this 5 hour time period8,20,21
    Day : a week-end or a Monday
    Most suicide deaths take place between Thursday night into Friday morning and Sunday night into Monday morning, 8,20,21
    Entry Point: from a bridge over a river.
    This is the most common entry place when nearby; the entry point often being the centre of the bridge where the water is presumed to be deepest. 20,21 A pier or waterfront may be used if there is no available bridge or the person is at the seaside.22
    Method of Entry: a jump into the water.
    Research by Irish Water Safety indicates that, where it was possible to establish the fact, those who choose to deliberately drown themselves were often poor or non-swimmers. The person wants to kill him or herself and will normally try to avoid injuring themselves during the water entry. 8,20,21
    Gender of the person: most likely a male.
    Male drowning suicides outnumber female by a ratio of 4: 1 and by a higher 5:1 ratio in the 15 to 35 year age groups. 4 Although it will be difficult to distinguish between males and females at a distance, especially in the dark, there may be discarded clothing or items at the entry point that will help establish the sex and size of the victim.
    One in five of all suicides in Ireland in the five years period 1998 to 2002 were young males in the age range 15 to 24 years. Discarded clothing may help with this determination. 8,21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

We need a shooting to get back on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

I remember when Davis was murdered, some people said the hitman was going around on the bike all day and was known to people.
    Was it the Iranian?

mada82 wrote: »
    I remember when Davis was murdered, some people said the hitman was going around on the bike all day and was known to people.
    Was it the Iranian?

Someone also mentioned it was a foreigner and that poster was laughed out of the thread. Couple of days later the Iranian was shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I heard the story that was previously mentioned a few pages back, and that it was the Iranian on the bike. He was keeping an eye on Davis to make sure that he didn't go into hiding again. The reason Little was tortured was to find out if he had told Davis that they had asked him to take him out.
    Once Little was gone, Iranian was then told to take out Davis.
    The rest of the story I heard was the same (about the money, Davis hiding, gave cash to give to Flashy, was told all was good come out of hiding)...

Don't know how true, but the lad that told me was close to a good few of them and his group is very small now with them all keeping their heads down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

mada82 wrote: »
    Was it the Iranian?

yer man on the bike was hanging around for so long looking for davis that people though he was a cop didnt hear he was the Iranian though.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Didn’t someone say earlier graffiti on malahide road named Davis killer - and it was not the Iranian

Yes..and that it was someone who shared his nickname with a famous Brazilian footballer...Ronaldo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hugs_for_drugs

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/killing-sean-little-no-justification-16462707

This is completely at odds to what was said at Davis funeral, is it because Davis is believed to have less family criminal connections or the financial clout?

Was there 100k found in littles house after he was killed?

Davis murderer was report to have a tattoo on their arm and a teenager originally from South Dublin but now resides around darndale but not connected yet Mr flashy is the connection between the two killings.

Also anyone see Mr Taylor has issued legal proceedings against gardai and a few papers with two named journalists.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/pete-taylor-garda-commissioner-4669037-Jun2019/%3famp=1

"Court records show Taylor this week initiated court action against the Commissioner of An Garda Síochána.

Taylor has also named The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Trust Company, Independent News and Media, Associated Newspapers in separate proceedings issued.

Journalists Ali Bracken and Nicola Tallant are listed as co-defendants in the cases against their publication groups and there are separate proceedings naming Tallant as a sole defendant."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

An employee of the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions has been sentenced to 11 months in prison with one suspended for leaking information about a Garda investigation into the murder of a dissident republican.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/0607/1054083-dpp-employee-sentence/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

Someone also mentioned it was a foreigner and that poster was laughed out of the thread. Couple of days later the Iranian was shot.

Yeah that was me i heard it was a foreign fella but that dirkziggler laughed it off.

• Advertisement

Graduation of over 200 new recruits at the Garda College in Templemore.

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2019/0607/1054010-garda-harris-templemore/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Graduation of over 200 new recruits at the Garda College in Templemore.

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2019/0607/1054010-garda-harris-templemore/

I saw a lad on the Six one news throwing his cap up into the air that used to take a 1/4 off me every Friday evening after work and that was within the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

With all the recent murders, what is the spark that triggered this latest feud, I read an article by zach parkers mother saying how all these lads were very good friends and used to eat in her house etc, saying she knows they are all connected, very sad very young guys throwing their lives away, it seems Parkers murder was the first in the feud, why was he killed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I saw a lad on the Six one news throwing his cap up into the air that used to take a 1/4 off me every Friday evening after work and that was within the last year or so.

So do you reckon he kicked the habit or found a better dealer?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

Calltocall wrote: »
    With all the recent murders, what is the spark that triggered this latest feud, I read an article by zach parkers mother saying how all these lads were very good friends and used to eat in her house etc, saying she knows they are all connected, very sad very young guys throwing their lives away, it seems Parkers murder was the first in the feud, why was he killed?
    The usual stuff they all owed out big money ,the thing that connects them all is mr.flashy.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

50 grand debt he was refusing to pay to Flashy apparently....

Was Lee Boylan targeted over a debt?Don't know much about his situation..

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

What possesses someone to not pay a violent gangster money owed to them?

The usual stuff they all owed out big money ,the thing that connects them all is mr.flashy.

Did they all work for him? I see pictures of Boylan with Flasy too online, he got blasted and so did his dad, is this Flashy guy murdering all his own ex employees and was the Iranian guy getting murdered the first retaliation against him?

So do you reckon he kicked the habit or found a better dealer?

Hard to know. He's brother still gets it anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

A lad I know who's a cop is barred from every pub in the town for doing stuff. Biggest coke head I know no joke. He's in the job 12 years

KM792 wrote: »

So Flashy has the kid murdered and then shows up at his funeral? Jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Jackeens are notorious for that - trying to put a human face on utter scumbags. So some lad once cut his neighbours lawn. So what? It’s all part of their fetishisation of dirtbags and knackers.

Sorry but educate me, what's a "Jackeen"?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Calltocall wrote: »
    So Flashy has the kid murdered and then shows up at his funeral? Jaysus

Sure didnt the Iranian allegedly have a part to play in Littles murder and showed up for that phantom wake. Seems like the thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Sorry but educate me, what's a "Jackeen"?

Someone from Dublin.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Someone from Dublin.

Oh ok, and what does it mean exactly?From where is it derived?

• Advertisement

West Brits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Believe it's taken from the Union Jack and een.

Jackeen is a pejorative term for someone from Dublin, Ireland. The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as a "contemptuous designation for a self-assertive worthless fellow", citing the earliest documented use from the year 1840.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

KM792 wrote: »

boombang wrote: »
    Believe it's taken from the Union Jack and een.

Oh, so it's meant to be a derogatory remark calling all Dublin people pro British? Like calling all Country folk Culchies or inbred? A generalisation.

• Advertisement

Oh, so it's meant to be a derogatory remark calling all Dublin people pro British? Like calling all Country folk Culchies or inbred? A generalisation.

Yes, yes now you have it. I'm a thick inbred culchie & the dublin boi's are west brits.

Bateman wrote: »

Some he paid back and that's why he came out of hiding thinking he was safe but then got hit.

Or at least he thought it was paid back.

Yes, yes now you have it. I'm a thick inbred culchie & the dublin boi's are west brits.

Ok I'm glad we sorted that out, we all know where we stand now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

With the mark up on cocaine how can you be so sh1t at dealing that you run up a 50k debt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Giving it to your mates on tic
    Forgetting who you gave it to
    Getting high yourself
    Gambling it away
    Clobber

It’s not that hard, and all of the above assumes you’re cut out for it in the first place

Getting high yourself
    Gambling it away
    Clobber

It’s not that hard, and all of the above assumes you’re cut out for it in the first place

Also giving it free to kids to increase add new customers for ones you loose.

I'm sorry but that is just nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

Something about eating margarine

anacc wrote: »
    Something about eating margarine

Oh I see, thanks for that. Its always good to know the meaning of a derogatory term before you use it on someone. Otherwise you could look like a parrot that is just repeating something they heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Getting high yourself
    Gambling it away
    Clobber

Nonsense simply doesnt happen ,
    You really think these lads have a plan in place for new customers,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement