Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

sometimes it does go missing too.

I know a lad in Athlone that had 10,000 yokes nicked from where he had it hid. II know another lad that went up the field to where he had his sneachta hid and he saw the bag it was in blowing around the field 100 yards away, a prick of a fox found it and probably demolished it. Fox's are supposed to be mad for it.

You're telling me these rocket scientists are hiding thousands of euros in drugs in fields??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

El_Bee wrote: »
    You're telling me these rocket scientists are hiding thousands of euros in drugs in fields??

I know someone who ran up a debt and was given 12k worth of coke to hold. He went home, and on the way he hid it in a field. Went back and it was gone. ( He was more than likely followed.) He was asked for the money and he didn't have it. His dad's car was burned and they told him to pay up out of the insurance money.

This is far from the first time this particular crew have done this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

No, they're hiding them under their own mattresses & behind the tea & coffee in their kitchen presses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A 'CABBAGE Patch Kid' who stashed drugs for his teenage crime gang at a city graveyard has been jailed.
    Gang member Maurice Walsh (20) stashed €56,000 worth of heroin behind a headstone on a patch of inner city waste ground.

The criminal, a member of a notorious young city gang called the 'Cabbage Patch Kids', has been sentenced to seven-and-a-half years at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.

Link to Herald article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

pablo128 wrote: »
    I know someone who ran up a debt and was given 12k worth of coke to hold. He went home, and on the way he hid it in a field. Went back and it was gone. ( He was more than likely followed.) He was asked for the money and he didn't have it. His dad's car was burned and they told him to pay up out of the insurance money.

This is far from the first time this particular crew have done this.

Is that why Zach Parker's car was burned up before he was murdered?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ClintPower

I've often wondered. With all the money the mid to high level guys are repordedly making, and the short lifespan some them have, why don't they make enough to leave the country. I mean if you had 300k or 400k you could live a fairly comfortable life in some places around the world. Or at least it would give you a great head start. I have lived and travelled a fair bit around the world when I was younger and it was the best years of my life. My point being, why stay and risk jail or death if you had the money to get out and live a normal life elsewhere?

a- The more you earn the more you spend

b- Business people are a different breed to the rest of us. Michael O'Leary could have retired with enough money to live off years ago, yet there he is, probably working 50 plus hours a week, sometimes on a Saturday, probably takes business calls on a Sunday, and with the stress of running a business to a tight budget and answering to the shareholders, the regulators, media etc etc.

Not to mention gangsters get a buzz off the illegality- the Kinahans could easily concentrate on their legitimate businesses yet there they are, 9 figures rich engaging in activities that could end in death or prison. John Gilligan could have retired, or at least stepped back, by the mid 90s, concentrate on his stud farm, yet he persisted and threw it all away. Sean Quinn the exact same, at an age when most of us would be considering early retirement he gambled his already significant fortune and lost most of it. I even reckon Wayne Rooney wouldn't have minded retiring years ago and only plays football because there's an inner alcoholic waiting for idleness.

Power, money and status are addictions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ClintPower

ClintPower wrote: »
    What's the bulk costs on weed, yokes and heroin these days? I think a 9 bar of hash was 500 way back when but I can't properly remember. Is it more now with the hash being pollen?

Think yokes were 2 a pop when retail price was a fiver although that would depend on who you asked. Think they're often knocked out for a tenner or three for 20 now, depends who you talk to.

Is there any reliable statistics on how many kilos, pills and 50's or weed are shifted in this country on a weekly basis?
    ClintPower wrote: »
    Is this older Boylan fella a remnant of the Westies? The leader of one side of the Corduff feud is described as being a former member- did he get back in with them after one of the leaders shot him in the leg and beat his brother up?

Any idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Most stuff is stored in friends houses who aren’t involved but want a few handy quid, well usually the friends parents houses. Most low level are storing in their own gaffs.
    Also you’d wanna be thick storing stuff outside in this country with the damp weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

was it the superstar dj shot at outside the Kilmore flats the other day?

No it was the fella the whistlblower was tweeting about last week ,was very lucky to get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Did anyone read the book on Fat Freddie by Stephen Breen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 RC1985

No it was the fella the whistlblower was tweeting about last week ,was very lucky to get away.

Which one? He tweets about a diff person on there every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RC1985

redbuck wrote: »

Yeah, ****e enough. Everything in there was in all the papers anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

redbuck wrote: »
    Its a wonder Fat Freddie does not sue for “ Hurt Feelings “

I mean ‘ Fat Shaming “ . Is that really ok ?

Couldn’t get away with doing that to a woman these days .

Freddie should go transgender and “ Sue “ . Sue doesn’t like being called Fat sort of thing ( ya know Fine Gael stuff , falling off swing stuff )

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

RC1985 wrote: »
    Which one? He tweets about a diff person on there every day.

Paul Norton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

It should be easy enough to track down the whistleblower.
    Set up a website which tracks location and ip address, send him a link to click on.
    It worked for that Andrews politician guy.
    Maybe he's too clever to click on anything though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Set up a website which tracks location and ip address, send him a link to click on.

dont get the dude killed, jeez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

He/She also probably does nothing without a VPN at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Would you not think the wealthy people who want him dead and know a load of people prepared to kill for money would have thought of that already?

If not, you could be in line for a big reward.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

There's always one genius who thinks the first thing that comes to mind would work, forgetting that if you're trying to evade capture it's the first thing you're gonna protect yourself from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

No, they're hiding them under their own mattresses & behind the tea & coffee in their kitchen presses.

Almost as stupid as in a field, serves them right when it goes missing :)

IvoryTower wrote: »
    dont get the dude killed, jeez

He might read this and it could save his life also.

If he's smart though he'll take precautions.

He seems to be very well connected whilst simultaneously having atrocious grammar, spelling and punctuation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

He might read this and it could save his life also.

If he's smart though he'll take precautions.

He seems to be very well connected whilst simultaneously having atrocious grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Are they meant to be mutually exclusive?

secman wrote: »
    Almost as stupid as in a field, serves them right when it goes missing :)

Ah, sthap. Jaysus :(

And money... They've been doing it for years.
    Wasn't there about €20,000 (or more) found years ago (about 20 years ago) in a field somewhere belonging to yer man that just got caught in France smuggling firearms and ammo through the channel tunnel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Suckit wrote: »
    And money... They've been doing it for years.
    Wasn't there about €20,000 (or more) found years ago (about 20 years ago) in a field somewhere belonging to yer man that just got caught in France smuggling firearms and ammo through the channel tunnel.

I think I remember that. Or a similar case in north Dublin I think.

The Guard on the news with a completely straight face saying “Some of the notes are dated 1997 so we have reason to believe they were buried here at some point after that date”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

The General also buried a massive quantity of silver in a field in Tallaght and marked where it was based on the way the fields were partitioned. Went back to retrieve it and the land had been CPO'd to build the Tallaght bypass and every ditch/wall levelled, he never found it.

You'd wonder if someone else has yet given it's well known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The General also buried a massive quantity of silver in a field in Tallaght and marked where it was based on the way the fields were partitioned. Went back to retrieve it and the land had been CPO'd to build the Tallaght bypass and every ditch/wall levelled, he never found it.

You'd wonder if someone else has yet given it's well known.

Cash lost in Rathfarnham and they were building houses on the site

I've €180,000 buried in a field

• Advertisement

In Ireland or USA?

I mean where abouts? roughly.

PM me if that's better..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

You must be milking to justify those sunk costs.

Were you short of grass last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

Is Karl Mac the superstar dj hahaha

Drug dealing ain’t worth it man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Drug dealing ain’t worth it man.

I presumed he meant a gaff

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Is Karl Mac the superstar dj hahaha

Yes hahaha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

floorboard or dig a small hole in garden then place something big over it. Attic also maybe. guess it depends on your gaf. rent a locker if it was worth it. family members gaf be even better tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

"Failed the medical carried out by my County Councils Doctor, this is despite me bringing in a separate stamped letter from my own GP stating that I was both physically & mentally well.

Last time I'll ever go to my GP for help when the kitchen sink is being thrown at me, as it seems the second a pill to help you deal with stress passes your mouth is exactly when you are labelled or deemed unfit to carry out certain jobs for the rest of your life.

I don't drink, don't smoke, in great nick mentally and as fit as a fiddle, but there you go.

It's a bad system, in my opinion."

Jeez you've certainly changed your spots Tommy in a mere 2 years, a wannabe firefighter,
    didnt drink or smoke, now your all wrapped up in sneaghta, with 180k buried in a field. !

Thread is crawling with detectives & cops.

Stay wide, peeps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Stay wide, peeps.

Thanks Garda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Quarry rock isn't worth a penny until you dig it out.

threeball wrote: »
    Quarry rock isn't worth a penny until you dig it out.

Only rocks I have are from Peru, sham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Could buy a few Gucci handbags with that

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

To be fair,there aren't a lot of forums/sites that discuss this sort of thing on a daily basis.The gangland thread is fairly prominent and well known on here.

It would not be too surprising that dealers/detectives keep an eye on it for a nose to see what's being said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Only rocks I have are from Peru, sham.

Hardly worth digging out so. Only call for limestone down the West.

Stay wide, peeps.

Full of ****e you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

All the know it alls on here but actually no fook all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Know spelt right first then turn...... To spell it again as no.?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Who's getting under your skin tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Know spelt right first then turn...... To spell it again as no.?

Sorry spelling police

You still knew what i meant though , so no harm there detective

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement