Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

El_Bee wrote: »
    All the weapons they show off from raids etc. look like they're in terrible condition.

Probably explains why guns jam , and some survive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

I thought there was guns flowing in on the drug shipments? The whistleblower claimed there was

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

I thought there was guns flowing in on the drug shipments? The whistleblower claimed there was

They usually come in with shipments ,theres loads floating about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

With the shootings is there any loyalties towards certain brands of gun, like would one side never use a Glock because it wouldn't be fashionable enough for them?

No.
    The fact many have been buried under ground for some time and misfire says it all.

The low down get them handed to them with no idea how th use them or clean them.

Then there's the odd one holding a gun for a hit but does some coke and decides to use it for a robbery and that gun is useless then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Is that Shinner a bit simple?

WTF has the nice weather got to do with anything? Would he prefer if shootings took place only on horrible wet Tuesday mornings?

The RA only did their shooting when it was brass monkeys and pissin rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Do we reckon this is fued related? Half five on a sunny Saturday is brazen as anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

Do we reckon this is fued related? Half five on a sunny Saturday is brazen as anything.

Deffo summer days are when everyones out it will heat up ,excuse the pun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Jeff2 wrote: »
    No.
    The fact many have been buried under ground for some time and misfire says it all.

The low down get them handed to them with no idea how th use them or clean them.

Then there's the odd one holding a gun for a hit but does some coke and decides to use it for a robbery and that gun is useless then.

why would the gun be useless post robbery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

paw patrol wrote: »
    why would the gun be useless post robbery?

Only if the gun was fired in the robbery in which case it then has a ballistic history. Slug can be matched to gun.

Anyone caught with it in the future will on top of any other problems now be questioned about the old robbery.

If not fired then there should be no problemk.

• Advertisement

I heard it was an Irish lad shot? Are they still reporting that it was a foreign national.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Only if the gun was fired in the robbery in which case it then has a ballistic history. Slug can be matched to gun.

Anyone caught with it in the future will on top of any other problems now be questioned about the old robbery.

I don't get this , you can't be charged cos a gun you were caught with was once used elsewhere.
    It would be correct to say guns are bought/sold/rented etc...unless they had other evidence that wouldn't be enough. I've never seen nor heard of it ever happening.

questioned for sure. but criminals are questioned on everything regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

I think you’re watching too much Murder She Wrote.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I don't get this , you can't be charged cos a gun you were caught with was once used elsewhere.
    It would be correct to say guns are bought/sold/rented etc...unless they had other evidence that wouldn't be enough. I've never seen nor heard of it ever happening.

correct , sure its easy to say i got it off some one else not saying who , or i found it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Yeah, I think you're kind of right. But two things I think would be a factor. Even if they can't get you for the old thing why have the hasel. It's as easy or should be as easy to get a clean gat. The second point is these people can be very creative in building a case. They will bend the rules and manufacture what they need to. You've already given them half the case by having the weapon in your possession. They need to add a couple of bits in to have you in the dock.

So a gun with a history? Why take the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I heard it was an Irish lad shot? Are they still reporting that it was a foreign national.

Eastern European lad according to the Sun. https://www.thesun.ie/news/4273623/man-shot-daylight-attack-west-dublin/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

pablo128 wrote: »

Great standard of reporting there from the Sun, mixing up two separate scenes from different parts of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

That's in the states, you're charged with any crimes associated with the gun, but I don't think it's the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

Nice one another scumbag shot

• Advertisement

Interesting article on the sun about lee Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Interesting article on the sun about lee Byrne

Drinking with his friends at Ascot and having a sing-song?Hardly an interesting story.

The papers are dying to get something on him but he seems to be keeping his hands clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

KM792 wrote: »
    Drinking with his friends at Ascot and having a sing-song?Hardly an interesting story.

The papers are dying to get something on him but he seems to be keeping his hands clean.

Keeping his hands clean living on his fathers drug money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Are the Byrnes even relevant anymore since CAB took all their gaffs and front businesses? I mean I'm sure they're still fairly well off, but they can't be big players in the gangland "scene" anymore with that much heat on them - who'd risk doing business with people who are known to be under near constant surveillance?

David Byrne's funeral and the post-Regency rampage against anyone with a remote connection to The Monk will go down as a massive, massive mistake on their part - almost as massive as The Monk's mistake in raiding the weigh-in and failing to get Daniel Kinahan. None of the financial disaster which has befallen the Byrne's would likely have happened if the justice system hadn't been so infuriated at the brazen display of "we're rich as f*ck from dirty money and ye can't touch us" on the day of the funeral. This was what led to CAB's crackdown, while the dismantling of the Dublin "branch" of the Kinahan cartel was spurred by fury and frustration at the number of murders these guys were getting away with while the justice system was being made to look utterly powerless to stop them.

It would have been business as usual for them if they hadn't reacted to the Regency shooting in these two ways, or at least that's my reading of everything that happened afterwards.

Even if they'd still gone after Eddie Snr and called it quits after that, the heat probably wouldn't have been turned on them so much. It was the sheer, relentless nature of their subsequent rampage which caused the crackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭andrewbrowne

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

He is in the nick.

• Advertisement

He is in the nick.

Must be the only prisoner in Ireland without a phone. :pac:

Is it widely known who it is? I personally have no interest in who it is but you would think he's taking a big risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

That fella who was shot in Mulhuddart is being reported as being a Lithuanian with the same name as a Lithuanian politician who is involved in biker gangs. Probably just a coincidence or maybe someone giving a made up name.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

I wonder how involved in the drugs game foreign gangs are here in Ireland, I know there was a Lithuanian gang dealing heroin I heard about it a couple of years back. I also heard recently the roma gangs are selling crack in town,Would these foreign gangs be working with the Irish or are they importing their own stuff in, I'd be interested to know.

Dante7 wrote: »

Yeah, it was Jay O'Connor. If it was a Lithuanian it could be related.

https://m.herald.ie/news/suspect-in-lithuanian-mob-boss-slaying-was-rira-torture-victim-29284664.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hugs_for_drugs

He is in the nick.

Can you give us more than that Padraig? :)
    Must be the only prisoner in Ireland without a phone. :pac:

Is it widely known who it is? I personally have no interest in who it is but you would think he's taking a big risk.

First time I've seen the whistleblower is confirmed as a HIM by anyone. I would say they know the risks in all the information they've put out there.

First time I've seen the whistleblower is confirmed as a HIM by anyone. I would say they know the risks in all the information they've put out there.

I suppose it narrows it down to 50% of the population alright. I think people saying it was a woman was just clutching at straws.

His name must be out there at this stage. If someone on here knows. I'm sure a lot of people do.

I suppose it narrows it down to 50% of the population alright. I think people saying it was a woman was just clutching at straws.

So many names have been attached to that account I'd be wary of any name released without proof, anyone can say it's pablo128 to start ****e.

If there's a name going around I'd put money on it been released by a "source" to sew paranoia and catch the person out behind the account.

?? If you think I'm paddy o reilly your heads spun.

And why would I give it away look at the dates he disappeared then look at that's sides lads who have been sentenced.

He posted his last tweet and a few days later a person considered senior went to jail.

?? If you think I'm paddy o reilly your heads spun.

And why would I give it away look at the dates he disappeared then look at that's sides lads who have been sentenced.

He posted his last tweet and a few days later a person considered senior went to jail.

There's a smiley face there Barry no offense ment, abit tongue in cheek because of Padraig tweet about the account on holidays for a few weeks.

You could give it in a way as to not name them or anyone else.

So much has happened the last while I'm not fully up to date, neither does it prove it's that person behind the whistleblower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

There's a smiley face there Barry no offense ment, abit tongue in cheek because of Padraig tweet about the account on holidays for a few weeks.

You could give it in a way as to not name them or anyone else.

So much has happened the last while I'm not fully up to date, neither does it prove it's that person behind the whistleblower.

All you have to do is follow him on twitter and he reported on it.

Nothing more in my opinion.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    All you have to do is follow him on twitter and he reported on it.

Nothing more in my opinion.

Reported on a male getting jail?

Padraig said a he or she because there's money for their identity and a few weeks break for personal reasons (GIM one poster mentions), Padraig is a Garda mouthpiece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

Reported on a male getting jail?

Padraig said a he or she because there's money for their identity and a few weeks break for personal reasons (GIM one poster mentions), Padraig is a Garda mouthpiece.

And also runs a **** load of accounts on twitter

Which ones I only follow his own and the Johnsmith one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

Which ones I only follow his own and the Johnsmith one

Not able to link but have a look at @kinahanpassport page

Not able to link but have a look at @kinahanpassport page

Is that not Graham Dwyer's ex

Hi sticky, I thought you flew under the radar here on boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Hi sticky, I thought you flew under the radar here on boards :)

Do you actually think it's her?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    I wonder how involved in the drugs game foreign gangs are here in Ireland,

Very. Lots of central europeans selling weed,coke,speed and pills...not in massive quantities mind you as they don't want to attract the attention of tax-merchents and rip-off crews.

I have a friend from croatia who had a nice gig selling bits and pieces for a number of years til he relocated to the south city and started dealing out of a house near marrowbone lane.

he was driven mad with scumbags ( who he didnt know) showing up at all hours of the night asking had he got anything to sell. Then he had a visit from a couple of heavy Dubs who told him to pay them or pack up..he tried to stay out of their way but his house was raided not long afterwards,they had obviously tipped off the cops to eliminate competition.

Lots of nigerians smuggle thier own cocaine and weed too so they are becoming increasingly involved...expect thier influence and violence to increase as they expand.

Not sure about the chinese,they rarely deal with outsiders but they have certainly have thier routes and thier methods for whatever needs to be done..These guys are not easy to prosecute,especially those with Wo Shin Wo connections or similar...lots of chinese are *thought* to be behind illegal grow houses,generally using vietnamese labour for the crop.

The turks in ireland are negligable in numbers at the moment but they are HUGE heroin dealers and importers in the UK so they will probably catch up at some stage here.

Romas will sell (and steal anything)..they will sell a few bags here and there of whatever they have but i expect they have thier fingers in an increasing number of pies from shoplifting,identity theft,prostitution,counterfeiting and God knows what else.

.[/QUOTE]

Do you actually think it's her?:confused:

One of many of stickys, no1 promotes stickys account(the main one) she has single handly done a streisand effect on Daniels passport.

One of many of stickys, no1 promotes stickys account(the main one) she has single handly done a streisand effect on Daniels passport.

I think the poster meant look at her account to see what other accounts padraig is supposedly behind. She isnt well in the head. I would take anything she says with a large pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

So who was the whistleblower ? Can someone link the article about his sentence so we can work it out ourselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

So who was the whistleblower ? Can someone link the article about his sentence so we can work it out ourselves

He was the foreign lad with the beard.

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/AYMRWP/indian-tin-whistle-player-with-a-luxuriant-silver-beard-and-wearing-AYMRWP.jpg

• Advertisement

I've had a look through the court pages for the month of June. The only one that sticks out was a fella from D8 done for firearm offences linked to the feud. I'd assume hes from the kinahan side though. Cant figure out who it could be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement