Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

So who was the whistleblower ? Can someone link the article about his sentence so we can work it out ourselves
    Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    I've had a look through the court pages for the month of June. The only one that sticks out was a fella from D8 done for firearm offences linked to the feud. I'd assume hes from the kinahan side though. Cant figure out who it could be.

[Admin]

That would be a bad idea. As in, permabanned from the site bad. I'd strongly suggest ending this line of discussion here and now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

Hi sticky, I thought you flew under the radar here on boards :)

Way off the mark there chum, I'm not even female

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

The fools operating those twitter accounts are pure innocent muppets. They reported & blocked me for compared to what they're spouting on it, jack****. Hardly the sign of a hard man that posts photos of guns & bullets an makes idiotic threats.

It's not like anything they are firing up on it is news anyways. Any clown living in a certain area could set up an account and start lobbing up names of lads / dealers etc 99 percent of the people in that area plus the cops are already well aware of. Absolute wasters behind their keyboards whoever they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

The fools operating those twitter accounts are pure innocent muppets. They reported & blocked me for compared to what they're spouting on it, jack****. Hardly the sign of a hard man that posts photos of guns & bullets an makes idiotic threats.

It's not like anything they are firing up on it is news anyways. Any clown living in a certain area could set up an account and start lobbing up names of lads / dealers etc 99 percent of the people in that area plus the cops are already well aware of. Absolute wasters behind their keyboards whoever they are.

The johnsmith one is legit. The rest of them are absolute tripe I wouldn't bother me hole reading them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

The johnsmith one is legit. The rest of them are absolute tripe I wouldn't bother me hole reading them.

The lucanwhistleblower is absolutely nuts.

Is it a traveller running it i wonder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

The lucanwhistleblower is absolutely nuts.

Is it a traveller running it i wonder

Seems pretty obvious it’s a traveller? And I thought John Smith was gone because there’s money on his head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

A travelling pussy so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The lucan whistleblower has been at the sherry today anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Bateman wrote: »

Just read that page. He's naming kids and all the donkeys of the day WTF hahah.

Seems pretty obvious it’s a traveller? And I thought John Smith was gone because there’s money on his head?

I doubt it is tbh. The spellings and grammar etc are done purposefully to throw you off who's doing it.

• Advertisement

I doubt it is tbh. The spellings and grammar etc are done purposefully to throw you off who's doing it.

The slag is travellerish, with the ****e in a bucket and reference to fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭ElBastardo1

I always thought it was laughable that the John Smith account took aim at Kinihan for drug dealing, while he himself was probably a competitor. He took the moral high ground and claimed Daniel Kinahan was flooding the streets with coke etc, while claiming he wasn't involved. I just don't believe you would have the info that twitter account was releasing without being closely involved with crime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Bateman wrote: »

watch yere gaffs yere going to get .them bullet proff windows won't do anything when Im standing over ure mother while I blow torch the fat bitch cook her up like a pig she is .up wanna war use got one but there coming for ure family first yer last to get ****ed up u shrek fool

poetry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Lucan Whistelblower suspended anyway

Any news on Bottler Devoy? What was he charged with ?

Any news on Bottler Devoy? What was he charged with ?

His trial is in october

His trial is in october

I wonder how long he will he away for, i never see Derek McLoughlin or Brian O'Reilly around the place anymore either, used to always see them down the swiss. That's knocked down now aswell.

I wonder how long he will he away for, i never see Derek McLoughlin or Brian O'Reilly around the place anymore either, used to always see them down the swiss. That's knocked down now aswell.

Both are very low profile the last few years. Bottler will get 10-12

Anyone know what was happening in Cabra this morning? The garda helicopter was going around for a good 20 minutes at around 7am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Garda were outside the Fassagh house pub, boarded up years. Front door was open/put in, about 9am.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/cabra-gardai-ongoing-incident-dublin-16523768

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Big search going on, they’re still there, metal detectors the lot.

Big search going on, they’re still there, metal detectors the lot.

The helicopter must've just been doing a bit of reconnaissance when I seen it at around 7 before they moved in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Dante7 wrote: »

Dessie and whack would wanna prepare a cell on the A unit in the Laois.

Dessie and whack would wanna prepare a cell on the A unit in the Laois.

I reckon he'll get a good few years for this, even above the headline sentence. The powers that be don't take kindly to this type of carry on from a Muppet.

I reckon he'll get a good few years for this, even above the headline sentence. The powers that be don't take kindly to this type of carry on from a Muppet.

He'll get what his Co accused got.

He'll get what his Co accused got.

Yeah, seven years sounds about right. It will be a big sentence for a so called respectable businessman with no real previous, as opposed to someone like Dessie.

Yeah, seven years sounds about right. It will be a big sentence for a so called respectable businessman with no real previous, as opposed to someone like Dessie.

Well he was caught with unlicensed ammo before. We've a name for the likes of him Charlie Bowdens

Well he was caught with unlicensed ammo before. We've a name for the likes of him Charlie Bowdens

That ammo charge suspiciously collapsed. He obviously hasn't been playing ball as he's now up in front of an out of hours SCC hearing.

• Advertisement

That ammo charge suspiciously collapsed. He obviously hasn't been playing ball as he's now up in front of an out of hours SCC hearing.

I wouldn't worry about being in up front of a court. It's the sentence which will tell, under 4 and he's a grass

I wouldn't worry about being in up front of a court. It's the sentence which will tell, under 4 and he's a grass

It looks like he was talking, but has been trying to play both sides and the feds just got a pain in their hole with him. Out of hours SCC is serious. He doesn't come across as the sharpest. Better off taking his medicine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Feds = Gardia

Scc = special criminal court

Feds usually means FBI USA, federal bureau of investigation.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Feds = Gardia

Scc = special criminal court

Feds usually means FBI USA, federal bureau of investigation.

And Five-O originated from Hawaii being the fiftieth state, but has since become a slang term for law enforcement officials. Your point?

And Five-O originated from Hawaii being the fiftieth state, but has since become a slang term for law enforcement officials. Your point?

My point is in your post.

Slang words that I was just informing others about.

Sketch the shads.

My point is in your post.

Slang words that I was just informing others about.

Sketch the shads.

*Shades.
    I still don't get your point.

• Advertisement

*Shades.
    I still don't get your point.

Using slang on a forum.

Do you want me to repost yours in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Using slang on a forum.

Dude
    I think we can figure it out. Thanks tho!

Using slang on a forum.

SCC is an acronym, not slang. And I'm still not sure what point you are trying to make. This is a thread about gangland activity. I'm pretty sure that most people with an interest understand the terms being used.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are people who call the guards 'feds'?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

spurious wrote: »

Yes, mainly thanks to UK grime music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

Was Jim Mansfield jn‘s auld lad involved in the drug trade? Didn’t he have his own airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

spurious wrote: »

Yes..... they’re called wannabes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

spurious wrote:

I prefer to call them The Babylon

Was Jim Mansfield jn‘s auld lad involved in the drug trade? Didn’t he have his own airport?

Yeah he owned Weston or least a share in it. Boxer got caught with drugs there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Where do you think he made his money to become a so called businessman ;)

benny79 wrote: »
    Where do you think he made his money to become a so called businessman ;)

I don't mean to rain on your parade. His dad took all scrap metal off Falklands after war and sold it back to MOD and made millions. But Jim Snr became in drugs in late 90s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Actually originated from the tv program if I’m not mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I don't mean to rain on your parade. His dad took all scrap metal off Falklands after war and sold it back to MOD and made millions. But Jim Snr became in drugs in late 90s

The old Falklands story:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

The fact his airport wasn't maintained by customs. It was a free for all. People in high places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

benny79 wrote: »
    The fact his airport wasn't maintained by customs. It was a free for all. People in high places.

It was not an international airport. The exact same as many sea ports around Ireland, they are privately owned and take in plenty of ships but no customs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement