Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Timmyr wrote: »
    So this guy has a gangster father??

Stepfather, fella well known and has been out of Ireland for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rondog

Fat freddies trial began yesterday.Seems there DNA evidence in the vehicles used in the murder of douglas.
    Id say this is enough to put him away for a long time but then again the ridiculously lean sentences that are handed out in this country could mean he goes away for a few years only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

He's fcuked trust me and will be getting LIFE... bet my gaf on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

benny79 wrote: »
    He's fcuked trust me and will be getting LIFE... bet my gaf on it.

Yeah, if he goes down for this he wont see the light of day for a long time.

Brian Meehan has been in jail 19 years and still no sign of him getting out, id imagine this case will be similar.

All them will! involved in this feud and proper order too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭6541

I wonder how your man Brian Meehan feels now or Fat Freddy. You must be like WTF I am in jail / going to jail for life for some bullcrap feud !

6541 wrote: »
    I wonder how your man Brian Meehan feels now or Fat Freddy. You must be like WTF I am in jail / going to jail for life for some bullcrap feud !

Why they even needed to be 'hands on' in the feud or in Meehans case the VG murder is beyond me, pay some junkie or little 18 year old wannabe to do it and stay far away as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

rondog wrote: »
    Fat freddies trial began yesterday.Seems there DNA evidence in the vehicles used in the murder of douglas.
    Id say this is enough to put him away for a long time but then again the ridiculously lean sentences that are handed out in this country could mean he goes away for a few years only.
    If hes found Guilty its an automatic life sentence so wont be a few years. Either he walks or life

If hes found Guilty its an automatic life sentence so wont be a few years. Either he walks or life

He won't be walking none of them will...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

benny79 wrote: »
    He won't be walking none of them will...

Are you one of the judges? :confused:

• Advertisement

Do you really think the powers at be are going to let any of these walk?? Seriously..

Whats the story with the Patrick Hutch trial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

thebull85 wrote: »
    Why they even needed to be 'hands on' in the feud or in Meehans case the VG murder is beyond me, pay some junkie or little 18 year old wannabe to do it and stay far away as possible.

It's almost as if they were set up... Freddie is seriously well known in dublin 8, too well known to be hands on. Utterly ridiculous to think he thought he'd get away with it. Deffo snitched on.

Whats the story with the  Patrick Hutch trial?
    Theres a technicality ie the Cop leading the case against him killed himself and theres all type of speculation that he was caught up in some racket with the hutches and was trying to get Patrick hutch off the murder charge.
    That's what I gather.Seems all very hush but id say when it breaks there will be some serious sh1t as theres seems to be something seriously off with the Garda killing himself as he coudlt face what was covered up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

It's almost as if they were set up... Freddie is seriously well known in dublin 8, too well known to be hands on. Utterly ridiculous to think he thought he'd get away with it. Deffo snitched on.

Wasn't he in the doghouse though? I thought someone posted that here before.
    Theres a technicality ie the Cop leading the case against him killed himself and theres all type of speculation that he was caught up in some racket with the hutches and was trying to get Patrick hutch off the murder charge.
    That's what I gather.Seems all very hush but id say when it breaks there will be some serious sh1t as theres seems to be something seriously off with the Garda killing himself as he coudlt face what was covered up.

That's some pretty wild speculation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

what sort of tripe is this ?

how dare you besmirch the character of a innocent man like that

your making wild allegations against vastly experienced and respected professional policeman biased on what ?

your a brave man on a anonymous internet board arent you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chimkichurri

Except they weren't either of the 2 vehicles actually used in the act, and they're not claiming he was one of the two involved, but yes he's going away regardless. Lucky its the SCC though, a regular jury would definitely have problems with that proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

mynamejeff wrote: »
    what sort of tripe is this ?

how dare you besmirch the character of a innocent man like that

your making wild allegations against vastly experienced and respected professional policeman biased on what ?

your a brave man on a anonymous internet board arent you

Had to google besmirch - you have to admit though, it does look aberrant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

We probably shouldn't be discussing an ongoing trial, although I'm not sure where we stand seeing as there's no jury.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

I see cumberland has been moved to portlaoise after threats to kill del boy and others, has Keogh been moved to portlaoise yet?

begbysback wrote: »

i guess you dont see much actual English in the mirror or what ever rag you read that trash in

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chimkichurri

i guess you dont see much actual English in the mirror or what ever rag you read that trash in
    No good in idle gossip, but in fairness something is not right, and the trial was directly put off until July because of it.

No good in idle gossip, but in fairness something is not right, and the trial was directly put off until July because of it.

of course it was put off , the investigating garda is dead. isnt that enough reason instead of trying to sully the mans name with disgusting speculation by some idiot on the internet ?

wow - we are stuck up our own ass arent we

of course it was put off , the investigating garda is dead. isnt that enough reason instead of trying to sully the mans name with disgusting speculation by some idiot on the internet ?

are u not speculating that the guy on the internet is an idiot?

• Advertisement

are u not speculating that the guy on the internet is an idiot?

nope go back a page ,

its a fact ,

and the ability to read and write do not denote some one who is up their own arse .

it does however disqualify me from working as a journalist or internet hack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mod note: Unfortunately we don't allow comment on active trials, so any more will be deleted. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I knew what besmirch was but you just had to add in aberrant in the reply. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Suckit wrote: »
    <deleted>

Like I said, Suckit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It was Gemma O'Doherty that first raised the issue of the Garda's suicide and subsequent halting of the trial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Like I said, Suckit.

Sorry, I wasn't thinking. Thought because i was linking to article etc..

humberklog wrote: »
    It was Gemma O'Doherty that first raised the issue of the Garda's suicide and subsequent halting of the trial.

and we all know how in touch with reality she is .

most posts relating to her are in the crackpot theory threads #maryboyle

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/journalist-is-ordered-by-judge-to-leave-the-court-35017890.html

she isnt far off the ben gilroys of the world

Shane Fowler killed in a motorbike crash in Finglas today, he was carrying a hand gun at the time. Armed gardai everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Shane Fowler killed in a motorbike crash in Finglas today, he was carrying a hand gun at the time. Armed gardai everywhere.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/motorcyclist-dies-after-single-vehicle-collision-in-dublin-841307.html

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Just Googled him and either there are a couple of people with multiple convictions from Finglas with the same name or newspaper court reporters throw random ages in to their articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Would this individual be any way significant?

tomofson wrote: »
    Would this individual be any way significant?

Indeed he is, one of the main players in the gang opposed to 'Mr Flashy' (Kinahan man in finglas).

Its like a Kinahan/Hutch proxy war going on in Finglas. The Gardai have done a great job keeping a lid on it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Unusual report on RTE News of a drugs seizure today in Celbridge, reportedly related to the Kinahans

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2018/0506/960686-drugs-manufacturing-kildare/

I don't recall them showing the exact house, and naming the estate for this kind of seizure before, or am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Collie D wrote: »
    Just Googled him and either there are a couple of people with multiple convictions from Finglas with the same name or newspaper court reporters throw random ages in to their articles.

glenties park. early thirties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Another bank holiday road death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

Some one removed the gun and ran away, Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Another bank holiday road death.

"he was carrying a handgun"

We need to get the message out there to keep both hands on the steering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jimmy83

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Collie D wrote: »

glenties park. early thirties.

Hi there, trying to figure out this guys name. Do you know who he is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Jimmy83 wrote: »
    Hi there, trying to figure out this guys name. Do you know who he is?

His name was widely reported in the media.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2568668/moronic-drivers-in-dublin-housing-estate-were-paying-tribute-to-dead-hutch-associate-shane-fowler-in-booze-fuelled-send-off/

Is there any point in having armed gardai at all? When there as much use as the regular cops walking the streets...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2568668/moronic-drivers-in-dublin-housing-estate-were-paying-tribute-to-dead-hutch-associate-shane-fowler-in-booze-fuelled-send-off/

Is there any point in having armed gardai at all? When there as much use as the regular cops walking the streets...

You think joyriders should be shot?

Is that all you do? Jump in and ask people stupid questions?

It says in the article armed Gardai were attacked with cinder blocks.

What would you have them do?

Stink of libtard off you, pal.

Banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Is that all you do? Jump in and ask people stupid questions?

It says in the article armed Gardai were attacked with cinder blocks.

What would you have them do?

Stink of libtard off you, pal.
    |In any other City in the world if an armed police officer is attacked they'd pull the trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

These cars weren’t stolen though.
    If the neighbors just want to stand around watching these men doing this, then it’s their area, their homes, their kids. I don’t see why Gardai should put themselves in danger over it.

• Advertisement

Its the Gardas responsibility to protect civilians and stop crime.Why should the residents have to do anything?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement