Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Appalling crimes, but why are we examining the ethnicity of these kids - what difference does it make if the person who robs or attacks you is a different colour? There's a gang of white, Irish kids going around on bikes, knocking people over and stealing bags/phones in my Dublin 8 neighbourhood and I haven't seen any articles about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

We have more than enough scrotes of our own without having to import more to add to the general mayhem about the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭MFPM

Lux23 wrote: »
    Appalling crimes, but why are we examining the ethnicity of these kids - what difference does it make if the person who robs or attacks you is a different colour? There's a gang of white, Irish kids going around on bikes, knocking people over and stealing bags/phones in my Dublin 8 neighbourhood and I haven't seen any articles about that?

Yeah but Wibbs will be along in a minute to tell you that knocking people over and stealing bags/phones didn't happen before migrants came here and multiculturalism is to blame!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Appalling crimes, but why are we examining the ethnicity of these kids - what difference does it make if the person who robs or attacks you is a different colour?
    Because their colour could have a bearing on why this kinda thing goes on. EG in the case of White hooligans different reasons are given like lack of parental control, lower socioeconomic status etc. If Black kids are more likely to get up to no good because of how the fact that they are seen as different, have less wider societal support, are less likely to be accepted for jobs or education, less likely to feel part of wider society etc because of their colour then it's a pretty important factor. A Black youth, especially male is going to have a different experience to a White youth from the same area and background. This is a near given and one repeated in this experiment run in other European nations for decades. A straw poll of Black folks living in multicultural societies will be only to happy to tell you they feel this difference. Ignoring this and believing we're all colour blind on all sides seems both extremely naive and counterproductive to me.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Yikes!

Just a bunch of Keltic Kangz returning to reclaim the motherland that was stolen by the white divil.

jay0109 wrote: »
    We have more than enough scrotes of our own without having to import more to add to the general mayhem about the place

Nonsense, we aren't importing crime. People are coming to live and work here, a small percentage may be scrotes, but the vast majority contribute positively to our country.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

MFPM wrote: »
    Yeah but Wibbs will be along in a minute to tell you that knocking people over and stealing bags/phones didn't happen before migrants came here and multiculturalism is to blame!
    Again nope. Nil Pointe. You really should try to make better arguments. Attempting to blatantly misrepresent me or anyone else doesn't seem to be working too well for you. You can hope your slithery sideways angle to make some "racist" tag stick to me, but the problem with your tactic is that anyone can read what I've actually written.
    I've repeatedly stated that all societies have existing social problems with a multitude of causes and that multiculturalism imports extra social problems that didn't exist before. So why import more, why add to existing and long standing and seemingly intractable social problems?

Now maybe you can interpret that as me saying that social problems didn't exist before migrants arrived, but if you can, fair play as you've missed your calling as a writer of imaginative fiction.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Because their colour could have a bearing on why this kinda thing goes on. EG in the case of White hooligans different reasons are given like lack of parental control, lower socioeconomic status etc. If Black kids are more likely to get up to no good because of how the fact that they are seen as different, have less wider societal support, are less likely to be accepted for jobs or education, less likely to feel part of wider society etc because of their colour then it's a pretty important factor. A Black youth, especially male is going to have a different experience to a White youth from the same area and background. This is a near given and one repeated in this experiment run in other European nations for decades. A straw poll of Black folks living in multicultural societies will be only to happy to tell you they feel this difference. Ignoring this and believing we're all colour blind on all sides seems both extremely naive and counterproductive to me.

Multiculturalism is here to stay. You're naive to think any differently. What's your solution to ameliorating these differences, and how do we bridge the gap so Black males don't feel like outsiders in our society?

Nonsense, we aren't importing crime.
    We are importing extra social problems though. Social problems that didn't exist before, because well multiculturalism didn't exist here before. Or do you think the long list of flashpoints all the way up to civil disobedience and riots within multicultural European societies are imaginary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

Multiculturalism is here to stay. You're naive to think any differently. What's your solution to ameliorating these differences, and how do we bridge the gap so Black males don't feel like outsiders in our society?

The fact that it always come back to us being the ones who need to fix things is the very problem. It's never on them, and always on us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭gw80

We are not in America here, "black males" will do fine if they want to in Ireland, it is the "black males"in this case who WANT to be outsiders,
    Why aren't we discussing Chinese males or polish males. It's the culture, not so much the colour of these scrotes is the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

No, he won't.
    And most reasonable thinking people will not either.

But way to go to deflect from the issue.

Multiculturalism is here to stay. You're naive to think any differently.
    Oh I'm not so naive. It's been pushed at society from the top down and with bugger all local consultation and any push back is immediately labelled racist. So yep sadly it's the case that this silly political policy is here to saty, though I would tighten up the process of gaining residency here. Significantly.
    What's your solution to ameliorating these differences, and how do we bridge the gap so Black males don't feel like outsiders in our society?
    France tried, the UK tried, Holland tried, Italy tried, Germany tried, Sweden tried. And yet trying isn't enough. I can hardly have the hard neck to suggest solutions for Ireland when so many have tried and failed before.

I would say it's largely doomed to fail, to some degree or other as human nature and the tribalism inherent to human nature are near impossible nuts to crack. Though I would be asking the question why say Asian young men seem to navigate things with far less issue. I would suggest any country who hasn't gone down this rabbit hole to avoid it by cutting it off at the source early on. Ireland didn't, though thankfully the numbers involved are small enough. The Celtic Tiger going wallop helped there. Silver linings and all that.

The fact that it always come back to us being the ones who need to fix things is the very problem. It's never on them, and always on us.
    Indeed. There's an element of White Guilt™ going on. There's also the pervasive multiculturalism is brilliant, "diversity" is ideal stuff at play. There's also - and I'd say it's the bulk of it - the genuine human decency factor going on too. We should treat guests well factor. However if you had guests you welcomed into your house that insisted on being a nuisance you'd show them the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

so your saying white people are better than black people

I think he means that white people are different, not better. For instance, white people tend to have names like Lenny whereas black people tend to veer towards names like Carl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I think he means that white people are different, not better. For instance, white people tend to have names like Lenny whereas black people tend to veer towards names like Carl.
    Also, white people tend to operate an automobile in a fashion which differs considerably to that of their black counterparts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Also, white people tend to operate an automobile in a fashion which differs considerably to that of their black counterparts.

And if you see a black guy dressed all in white and driving a white car, you just KNOW he's stinking rich :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Perhaps they should have sent the Black Immigrants in to the Wealthy Areas for a Change !

Sending them in to poor areas has consistently brought bad results . Ireland should have tried something new like sending then to the Wealthy Areas . We Irish can be very clever sometimes and this is the way to go .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Nonsense, we aren't importing crime. People are coming to live and work here, a small percentage may be scrotes, but the vast majority contribute positively to our country.

Really? Using the wave of African economic migrants who are entering Europe through illegal/reckless means as an example (as opposed to the previous wave of migrants from eastern Europe who DO fit your description), please expand on how thousands of unskilled, penniless people with little or no language skills and no means to support themselves "contribute positively" to our country.

For bonus points, explain how the cultural, religious and behavioral issues they bring with them (many of which are incompatible with life in a secular, liberal, first-world nation) "contribute positively" to our country

Finally, as a follow-on question.. if these people have so much to offer (skills, work-ethic, cultural contributions), explain why they haven't applied to enter and work here through existing immigration channels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

blinding wrote: »
    Perhaps they should have sent the Black Immigrants in to the Wealthy Areas for a Change !

Sending them in to poor areas has consistently brought bad results . Ireland should have tried something new like sending then to the Wealthy Areas . We Irish can be very clever sometimes and this is the way to go .

The Trust Fund babies of Antifa and PBP wouldn't be so quick to chant for open borders and let all the refugees in if they were being sent to their neighborhoods first.

Hell, Varadkar and the Govt members wouldn't be so quick to sign that UN Migration pact next week if all the migrants ended up in their neighborhoods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The Trust Fund babies of Antifa and PBP wouldn't be so quick to chant for open borders and let all the refugees in if they were being sent to their neighborhoods first.

Hell, Varadkar and the Govt members wouldn't be so quick to sign that UN Migration pact next week if all the migrants ended up in their neighborhoods.

There's also the question of what mandate Leo, Coveney, Zappone and the rest have to commit us as a nation to such an agreement.

Whatever about pre-existing commitments that we had signed up to, why has this latest "initiative" not been put to the people through debate and even a vote in the Dail?

Bearing in mind that Leo himself has no mandate having "inherited" the job from Enda, and in place of Coveney who the party membership wanted.. suppose it says a lot when FG don't even respect the will of their own membership.

Like most avid social media "influencers", Leo's position as Taoiseach actually gives him great ability to do lasting damage to this country that will continue to be felt long after he's retired to Europe or the lobbyist circuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You had very little credibility going on just your last few posts. Now you've none. Awful attempt at discussion from you overall. 0/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Wibbs wrote: »
    Indeed. There's an element of White Guilt™ going on. There's also the pervasive multiculturalism is brilliant, "diversity" is ideal stuff at play. There's also - and I'd say it's the bulk of it - the genuine human decency factor going on too. We should treat guests well factor. However if you had guests you welcomed into your house that insisted on being a nuisance you'd show them the door.

Aye theres a lot of the human decency factor behind this at the end of the day.

Looking at the facts, we're relatively privileged here in Ireland atm in comparison to other places.

You're always going to get a minority take advantage of that. The key imo is not to let the minority ruin it for everyone

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Yikes!

Don't import any more.

Omackeral wrote: »
    You had very little credibility going on just your last few posts. Now you've none. Awful attempt at discussion from you overall. 0/10

You seem to be confusing opinion with fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

No analysis, no thought, no construction, just shouting. It's on a par with "Yeah well... you smell!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Haha, holy shìt, I just found this out recently. Apparently Zappone is a practicing witch.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2669449/childrens-minister-katherine-zappone-praised-by-top-white-witch-for-her-interest-in-the-wicca-tradition-and-studying-witchcraft/

https://www.jstor.org/stable/30091692?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

A witch. The Minister for Children.

giphy.gif

And people mock Americans for electing orange man T.V star.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

NPC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I suppose one reason could be that we've enough of our own scumbags as you quite rightly point out, without importing more ethnic scumbags from abroad and giving them gaffs in north Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

irish people aren't white
    your atlantic celt, norman, viking and midlander

We're as white as Iniesta.
    (and his teammates)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

So you're critiquing gang activity and to counter it you want to create a gang and take them on - create a race base fight. What about non-white residents affected by gang activity - can they join your little gang? FFS....Either grow up and cop on or f@ck off with this filth.

I was talking about the travellers... no need to set up any group. Clash of the minorities.

So you're critiquing gang activity and to counter it you want to create a gang and take them on - create a race base fight. What about non-white residents affected by gang activity - can they join your little gang? FFS....Either grow up and cop on or f@ck off with this filth.

I was talking about the travellers... no need to set up any group. Clash of the minorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

blinding wrote: »
    Why are we repeating the same mistakes as Britain / France ?

Are we that desperate to fit in ?

There is an agenda to destroy the whole of Europe.

Some very powerful people at play doing this...

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I suppose one reason could be that we've enough of our own scumbags as you quite rightly point out, without importing more ethnic scumbags from abroad and giving them gaffs in north Dublin.

Local scumbags pale in comparison to scumbags from the 3rd world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

tiger55 wrote: »
    There is an agenda to destroy the whole of Europe.

Some very powerful people at play doing this...

Who are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Doesn't matter how bad our homegrown ones are, no need to be picking others up in Rosslare port or whereever they've come back. Take a leaf from the Aussies and return to sender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

-1/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

So i just heard the plank kennyz news report
    One citizen of clontarf said "we watch out for each other here"
    What did he mean

• Advertisement

-1/10

And again, opinion, do let me know when you discover something factual....the dictionary will help you, if the meaning of the word escapes you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

Some of the victims and their families will turn to the right wing for solutions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I'm not a fan of mass immigration from very disparate cultures, but to be fair it seems that thiw tragic case is more as a result of an unhinged young man upset over his grades than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Really? In what way?

Do you mean the "fact" where you claimed I would "be along in a minute to tell you that knocking people over and stealing bags/phones didn't happen before migrants came here and multiculturalism is to blame!". You seem to confuse facts with blatant lies, never mind confusing them with opinions.

Really? In what way?

You think a Irish criminal is just as bad a a criminal from Somalia?

Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

A mob of about 20 of them jumped the barriers at balbriggan station earlier this evening and hopped on a southbound train. Staff did nothing. God knows where they’re headed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

You think a Irish criminal is just as bad a a criminal from Somalia?

Get a grip.

Try answering my question properly and then we can talk about getting a grip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Try answering my question properly and then we can talk about getting a grip.

You have never properly answered a question on here why should you be demanding others answer yours?:confused::confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement