Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

You need to get some fresh air or something. The ride even. It can't be healthy to be this worked up all of the time.

Did you read the title of the thread?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Collie D wrote: »
    I've only read the last few hours of this thread. Is the whole lot like this?
    Pretty much the last few hours C. It went a bit sideways overnight. :eek: :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Unsurprisingly, you just don't get it.

What do I "not get" your Lordship and Knower of all that is true? Please explain to a mere peasant like me not so wise as you m'lord

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

DS86DS wrote: »
    What do I "not get" your Lordship and Knower of all that is true? Please explain to a mere peasant like me not so wise as you m'lord

You should get some sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Wibbs wrote: »

Even people who tend to the right are getting fed up with these threads.

To be honest I posted while having a few beers last night but I think some of the people in this thread must be on something way stronger.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

A load of freaks started posting in the last couple of days with the view of getting the thread shut down. Not one of them will acknowledge that an African gang are causing chaos in North Dublin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Even people who tend to the right are getting fed up with these threads.
    Contentious subjects tend to go the same way. At first there's a generally measured back and forth, but as night follows day a few pages in someone will go to one extreme or t'other and then it goes south in a back and forth of extremes.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

What seems to be the real shift over the last few years is the shift to one extreme or the other and on all "sides". Either for Us™ or against Us™. The middle ground is fast losing traction for many. That's a worry.

Not so much here in Ireland. Culturally we tend towards the middle, extremists of any hue left/right/whatever you're having yourself are the minority positions. Will a hardline "right wing" politic get votes here? Could well do, but I strongly suspect it'll be like your People Before Profit types, a couple of candidates out of the mainstream wheeled onto stages and the telly to make up numbers or act as clickbait. The Centre will hold. I mean let's face it to a visiting alien the only difference between rotating over decades governments of FF and FG are one letter.

I can see your point. But it's not a guarantee.....the Irish are a naturally conservative people. And nationalism has has a strong presence in this society for generations.

Honestly, I can picture that a lot of Irish society sees the EU as a cash cow for a motorway or farm here and there....and probably envisage it as still in some timeframe where it's a Free Trade agreement.

Given enough time, and with enough literature on how Ireland is been suckled into a federal Europe.....with no benefits to our native agriculture, then a nationalist movement will be born.

Honestly the best thing the EU could do right now is interfere with our tax regime....the same regime that gave us our prosperity with US companies.

Ideological daydreamers aside.........when people can no longer put food on the table, that is when movements gain momentum.

One bad move from Brussels that affects FDA and agriculture.......not to mention the question of displacement in the places their grandfathers once stood thanks to unlimited immigration.....

Then we have something on our hands.

Nobody thought Brexit or Trump possible........it would have been laughed at only in 2015.......so an Irish backlash against the EU shouldn't be ruled out.... particularly as it becomes more obvious how Brussels policies are effecting Irish people.

Contentious subjects tend to go the same way. At first there's a generally measured back and forth, but as night follows day a few pages in someone will go to one extreme or t'other and then it goes south in a back and forth of extremes.

I think the problem with threads like this is that there is a genuine discussion to be had about the affects of immigration on our society. In this instance, regarding African gangs attacking and threatening people in local Northside communities.

But the usual leftists Invade the thread and start trying to thwart it. They've tried their best to try and thwart this thread in recent pages

They are ideological fanatics with utter contempt for anybody who doesn't share their views and will do their best to run amok in threads and destroy the chance for a mature and open discussion about current Irish society.

I can see your point. But it's not a guarantee.....the Irish are a naturally conservative people. And nationalism has has a strong presence in this society for generations.
    Maybe, but there are a lot of ifs going on there. Are there issues with the EU, hell yes, I'm no EU can do no wrong type, but overall the EU has been a major positive for Ireland. Not the only one but a big one. Brexit is a serious concern for us mind you.

The issues around immigration won't be the same for Ireland as other European nations. Geography for a start makes a difference. Never mind that the numbers of those here and coming here have dropped when compared to the early noughties. The lack of an obvious colonial past another factor. France and Britain had vast empires and those imperial chickens came home to roost as said empires contracted to nothing. Our low population density another factor. Our lack of any coherent indigenous extremist viewpoint whether right or left another factor. Even though too many and certainly on the interwebs seem to think we're American and have imported their jargon and views of right and left.

• Advertisement

I think the problem with threads like this is that there is a genuine discussion to be had about the affects of immigration on our society. In this instance, regarding African gangs attacking and threatening people in local Northside communities.

But the usual leftists Invade the thread and start trying to thwart it. They've tried their best to try and thwart this thread in recent pages

They are ideological fanatics with utter contempt for anybody who doesn't share their views and will do their best to run amok in threads and destroy the chance for a mature and open discussion about current Irish society.
    Indeed D, but the leftists could aim the same accusation at the rightists and both would have good reason to do so. That was my point about going too extreme in either direction DS, it almost guarantees putting on the blinkers and the digging in of heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Says the person whose contribution to the debate has included belters like this...

'Go back to bed, you don't want to wake your black boyfriend up'

Says the person whose contribution to the debate has included belters like this...

If you bothered to look back on the thread, you'd see it was your "mate" hill16bhoy that started bringing sex into this thread.

If you bothered to look back on the thread, you'd see it was your "mate" hill16bhoy that started bringing sex into this thread.

Ah, so you were 'provoked'. That makes it okay then.

And seen as your in the mood for obstructing this thread with your self-righteous guff.......and trying all manner of dirty tricks to try and curry the favour with leftist lunantics.............

:.....then how about the other side gets to be a bit dirty

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101841623

Not exactly a leftist vote winner the above, is it your lordship?

And seen as your in the mood for obstructing this thread with your self-righteous guff.......and trying all manner of dirty tricks to try and curry the favour with leftist lunantics.............

:.....then how about the other side gets to be a bit dirty

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101841623

Not exactly a leftist vote winner the above, is it your lordship?

Wow, you really are genuinely disturbed. As I said, before get some professional help. You really will feel a lot better about yourself and maybe others too.

Not one of the apologists for the black gang are prepared to go and see the gang for themselves. Says it all really. They are fearful of what the gang might do them. Yet the people of Balbriggan have to put up with them every day.

Ah, so you were 'provoked'. That makes it okay then.

Taking things out of context again.

You know, nobody forced you to engage in this thread, so if you have a problem with the topic of discussion, then kindly do us all a favour and **** off

Wow, you really are genuinely disturbed. As I said, before get some professional help. You really will feel a lot better about yourself and maybe others too.

I agree with you I think he should go to bed but that post is an embarrassment to you lol.:D

Not one of the apologists for the black gang are prepared to go and see the gang for themselves. Says it all really. They are fearful of what the gang might do them. Yet the people of Balbriggan have to put up with them every day.

They've gone beyond merely that. If you noticed they've mananaged to hijack the thread with some sh¦te about how "after hours just aint what it used to be"

• Advertisement

I agree with you I think he should go to bed but that post is an embarrassment to you lol.:D

An embarrassment to me?? He's the one who began ferreting through some of my old and totally unrelated posts in some grotesque and bizarre attempt to make a point. But maybe you think that's perfectly normal behaviour...who knows in this place.

An embarrassment to me?? He's the one who began ferreting through some of my old and totally unrelated posts in some grotesque and bizarre attempt to make a point. But maybe you think that's perfectly normal behaviour...who knows in this place.

Normal? Mehhh

Funny? sure is.

Typical sh¦te reply from somebody too lazy to engage in the debate nobody asked him to join

Normal? Mehhh

Funny? 186-1863029_de-emojis-logo-4-by-anthony-funny-emoji-png.png

Seriously though, I've seen all sorts of weirdos and oddballs in here but he's right up there. I almost feel sorry for him in a way, there's clearly something missing.

For the ten millionth time, nobody asked you to join this thread

Now kindly **** off and bring your grumpy ar$e Saturday morning hangover elsewhere

Seriously though, I've seen all sorts of weirdos and oddballs in here but he's right up there. I almost feel sorry for him in a way, there's clearly something missing.

Why don't you stop replying to him and let the thread drop off the board I think it has run its course and that is from somebody on the right of the debate.

For the ten millionth time, nobody asked you to join this thread

Now kindly **** off and bring your grumpy ar$e Saturday morning hangover elsewhere

That's twice you've told me to **** off. Are you trying to tell me something?

That's twice you've told me to **** off. Are you trying to tell me something?

I'm trying to tell you one of two things

(a) Either engage in a debate about crime and immigration without whinging about how a thread about crime and immigration has discussions about crime and immigration,

Or

(b) **** off and allow the rest of us who want to talk about crime and immigration and have an open discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

dav3 wrote: »
    Oh here we go, the tantrums are starting.

Nobody has called you a racist. Naive, absolutely. Easily lead, without doubt. Xenophobic, there's certainly a case to be made.

Carry on your fear-mongering over 'the black gangs'.
    Give us some more hilarious pictures of black lads posing. Which website did you pick your last picture from?
    Was it the one with the headline "REPLACING IRISH WITH N*GGERS!"
    or perhaps 'Evil Irish Skanks Vote to Legalize The Murder of Their Own Children ...'
    or maybe 'African Youths Viciously Attacking'

Some wonderful websites using your picture there.

What a terrible post. You want to disregard a photo because it featured on a certain website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Let's try and get past the distraction-tactics shall we?

Any of the advocates or who don't think there's any issue here, want to try answering the questions I asked last night?
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    What's "spineless" is the continual deflection, name-calling and outright ignoring of the questions put to you and others of your mindset on this issue.

- What are the benefits to Ireland of allowing waves of unskilled, destitute economic migrants from the 3rd world to enter our country?

- Where do you propose to house them and address those gaps?

- Who do you expect to pay for it and how?

- How do you propose to address cultural, religious and behavioural issues that may arise by virue of them now being in a modern, secular liberal and socially free country

- Why do you think that the negative experiences of other countries that are trying to address this issue won't be replicated here? What do you think we are/should be doing differently?

This is an open series of questions to you, Dav or any other advocate for this migration on this thread. If you want your argument to be taken seriously, drop the petty name-calling and nonsense and engage constructively.

Otherwise, continue as you are and the rest of us will continue to write you off as having no argument at all (and to everyone else: the best way to frustrate their "point" in that case is to simply not engage with them at all)

I mean, if all that some on both sides want to do is call each other names then can they take it to PM maybe and let the rest of us discuss the issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭MFPM

Not one of the apologists for the black gang are prepared to go and see the gang for themselves.

Perhaps I've missed something but has anyone posted anything excusing the behaviour of anti-social behaviour?

The main point that is made is that anti-social behaviour exists and is carried out by predominently young males, it existed long before any significant migration into this country. Anti-social behaviour is a product of a multitude of factors - predominantly social class.

The fact that there is anti-social behaviour involving migrants specifically 'Black' migrants is being used to beat the anti migrant drum - most of those posting really don't care about the behavior, it's simply about the perpetrators and in particular the colour of their skin. That is the ONLY conclusion than can be drawn from many of the posts on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The thing that boils my p1ss is that if you as much as question anything or point out something you're labelled a xenophobe or a racist by some loons. I have never said anything bad about black people in general on here and yet I'm told my mask is slipping. Some of the left is the same as the far right, intolerant as fcuk. You say anything that even marginally disagrees with them then you're -phobic or -ist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What a terrible post. You want to disregard a photo because it featured on a certain website?

Chap is a parody at this stage. ALL his posts are utterly woeful.

MFPM wrote: »
    Perhaps I've missed something but has anyone posted anything excusing the behaviour of anti-social behaviour?

The main point that is made is that anti-social behaviour exists and is carried out by predominently young males, it existed long before any significant migration into this country. Anti-social behaviour is a product of a multitude of factors - predominantly social class.

The fact that there is anti-social behaviour involving migrants specifically 'Black' migrants is being used to beat the anti migrant drum - most of those posting really don't care about the behavior, it's simply about the perpetrators and in particular the colour of their skin. That is the ONLY conclusion than can be drawn from many of the posts on this thread.

You've changed tack on this. The thread is about gangs from Balbriggan being at it again. The gang in question is a black African gang. So some people are annoyed that a higher proportion of immigrants in the form of black africans have been parachuted into Balbriggan and now the town is turning into a kip because of it. So come on down to Balbriggan and experience it for yourself then you'll know how we feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gang-thug-threatens-cut-baby-15380313?fbclid=IwAR3VKsLR1fsDva1IXHG2oakLsW15xeivTjlcJ7wNe79K-M0VHR8wWfuj7Ts

100 youths from Balbriggan in rampage in portmarnock threaten mother in car.

Our friendly immigrants again.
    Diversity,and government doing nothing about it

• Advertisement

You've changed tack on this. The thread is about gangs from Balbriggan being at it again. The gang in question is a black African gang. So some people are annoyed that a higher proportion of immigrants in the form of black africans have been parachuted into Balbriggan and now the town is turning into a kip because of it. So come on down to Balbriggan and experience it for yourself then you'll know how we feel.

That'll never happen mate because the entire foundation of the argument for 3rd world immigration seems to be "it's the morally right thing to do and sure it'll be grand" (anyone disagreeing is welcome to take a look at the reasonable questions I've reposted above)

It's a theoretical model based on virtue signalling to other like-minded individuals and ideology. There seems to be no actual concrete plans or contingencies behind it.

Thus when confronted with "unpalatable realities" such as the subject of this thread, they resort to the predictable tactics of name-calling, deflection, straw-manning, and just ignoring the reality. It's either that or question not only their own position (which often is just about being on the perceived "right" side of the question), but who they actually are and what they actually DO believe in.

Far easier to just stick the fingers in the ears, shout "racist, xenophobe, far/alt-right" and then ignore the responses entirely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Does anybody want to have a grown-up discussion?

How about just enforcing the law these people are here now that is not going to change.

The Law? I’m from NCD, Balbriggan has had 1/4 of the cops taken from it, Skerries is open 2 hours a day, Rush station was closed down and Lusk is open for about 2 hours twice a week.

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    You'd have completely lost the plot if you saw what happened when Ireland were playing at the Euro finals in 2012 and 2016.

There were hundreds of us just hopping onto trams and metro trains without even a thought of paying, drinking, shouting, singing and banging on every window.

Fackin' Paddies.

Many paddies with knives terrorising people??

You've changed tack on this.

I haven't changed tack on anything - I'm entirely consistent.
    The thread is about gangs from Balbriggan being at it again. The gang in question is a black African gang.

Ostensibly, it's about a bit more than that as I illustarted in my previous post.
    So some people are annoyed that a higher proportion of immigrants in the form of black africans have been parachuted into Balbriggan and now the town is turning into a kip because of it.

Indeed Balbriggan and particulalry the parts of Balbriggan built in the mid 00s have a higher migrant population including those from African countries, Middle Eastern countries and Eastern Europe - that was a result of available accomodation, particularly cheap accomodation and a large availbility of rental accomodation.

One can understand why existing residents would be 'annoyed' about increased population, large scale residential development with no matching facilities however it's difficult to understand why people would be 'annoyed' about the skin colour of those people - perhaps you could explain?
    So come on down to Balbriggan and experience it for yourself then you'll know how we feel.

As I've said I've been going to Balbriggan for decades, I aslo grew up in a part of Dublin with a significant degree of a/s behaviour .

Many paddies with knives terrorising people??

A particular city in the south west became synomous with knife crime - must have been all the migrants, was it?

• Advertisement

That'll never happen mate because the entire foundation of the argument for 3rd world immigration seems to be "it's the morally right thing to do and sure it'll be grand" (anyone disagreeing is welcome to take a look at the reasonable questions I've reposted above)

It's a theoretical model based on virtue signalling to other like-minded individuals and ideology. There seems to be no actual concrete plans or contingencies behind it.

Thus when confronted with "unpalatable realities" such as the subject of this thread, they resort to the predictable tactics of name-calling, deflection, straw-manning, and just ignoring the reality. It's either that or question not only their own position (which often is just about being on the perceived "right" side of the question), but who they actually are and what they actually DO believe in.

Far easier to just stick the fingers in the ears, shout "racist, xenophobe, far/alt-right" and then ignore the responses entirely.

You are very racist _kaiser_ ......have you not perhaps considered that the problem is to quote Buddha "from within"

Perhaps you are just an evil racist white man in need of spiritual enlightenment. Have you considered that?

Maybe a stint of meditation on the beach in Balbriggan should sort all of this out.

Sit down.....face that wonderful Balbriggan sea ........breath in, breath out.................

Ask yourself while doing your self-indulgent bout of Western Mediation that no Buddhist Monk would be familiar with................. "is this what I am, is that what must be?

"I am one with the sea....... perhaps the mind was not open........... perhaps I did not love what needed to be loved"

After 10 minutes of breathing in and out................ you will be one at the world...... enlightenment will be achieved.....

As you walk by the 85 year old woman with a knife up to her throat by a son of Africa demanding her handbag.....

You will no longer take notice the criminal offence...........no, the spiritual exercise of enlightenment on the beach will have fixed your evil racist white male mind

It no longer becomes "I saw, I actually saw with my own two eyes"

You will in your spiritual enlightenment now see things from a different perspective.....

"Was that really a group of immigrant children terrorising that old woman ...............who is to know if not...... dolphin"

Maybe it was a dolphin that was holding a knife up to the lady for her handbag......

After all.......humans all one......world is one........humans not such thing....

.....must be dolphins

You will then have achieved a level of spiritual enlightenment.........

......it was not that person....
    Because people all one .......one world ......all that is, must be.....

.......those dolphins are a disgrace z terrorising Balbriggan like that.

You are very racist _kaiser_ ......have you not perhaps considered that the problem is to quote Buddha "from within"

As you walk by the 85 year old woman with a knife up to her throat by a son of Africa demanding her handbag.....

You could have save the rest of the wandering nonsense and just posted this...it illustrates your central point - ONLY 'Africans' rob 85 year old women....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Yes, I'm absolutely morally superior to racist pond scum such as yourself.

Yet, we have you saying:
    hill16bhoy wrote:
    You'd have completely lost the plot if you saw what happened when Ireland were playing at the Euro finals in 2012 and 2016.

There were hundreds of us just hopping onto trams and metro trains without even a thought of paying, drinking, shouting, singing and banging on every window.

I am sure that with your morally superior values you understand that theft of services is illegal and it is against the law, and it is not the norm in civilised society. Also, your actions of drinking and shouting and banging on every window on theses trams is loutish behaviour and it is also unacceptable in a normal society. There were passengers on those trams and trains that were genuinely in fear of your thuggish behaviour.

Many of us now do understand though the origins of your posting style.

I haven't changed tack on anything - I'm entirely consistent.

Ostensibly, it's about a bit more than that as I illustarted in my previous post.

Indeed Balbriggan and particulalry the parts of Balbriggan built in the mid 00s have a higher migrant population including those from African countries, Middle Eastern countries and Eastern Europe - that was a result of available accomodation, particularly cheap accomodation and a large availbility of rental accomodation.

One can understand why existing residents would be 'annoyed' about increased population, large scale residential development with no matching facilities however it's difficult to understand why people would be 'annoyed' about the skin colour of those people - perhaps you could explain?

As I've said I've been going to Balbriggan for decades, I aslo grew up in a part of Dublin with a significant degree of a/s behaviour .

There is no use commenting on this if you are not prepared to come down to Balbriggan and see for yourself. You are there at a keyboard talking about a place and a situation you don't know. As I said go to the train station in Balbriggan any week day night. You can see the gang for yourself and I guarantee you wont like it. One of the many problems that immigration has brought to the town. There are loads of facilities in the town for them. There is a boxing club, taekwondo and a gym within 100m of the station.

Perhaps you are just an evil racist white man in need of spiritual enlightenment. Have you considered that?

Maybe a stint of meditation on the beach in Balbriggan should sort all of this out.

Sit down.....face that wonderful Balbriggan sea ........breath in, breath out.................

Ask yourself while doing your self-indulgent bout of Western Mediation that no Buddhist Monk would be familiar with................. "is this what I am, is that what must be?

"I am one with the sea....... perhaps the mind was not open........... perhaps I did not love what needed to be loved"

After 10 minutes of breathing in and out................ you will be one at the world...... enlightenment will be achieved.....

You will no longer take notice the criminal offence...........no, the spiritual exercise of enlightenment on the beach will have fixed your evil racist white male mind

It no longer becomes "I saw, I actually saw with my own two eyes"

You will in your spiritual enlightenment now see things from a different perspective.....

"Was that really a group of immigrant children terrorising that old woman ...............who is to know if not...... dolphin"

Maybe it was a dolphin that was holding a knife up to the lady for her handbag......

After all.......humans all one......world is one........humans not such thing....

.....must be dolphins

You will then have achieved a level of spiritual enlightenment.........

......it was not that person....
    Because people all one .......one world ......all that is, must be.....

.......those dolphins are a disgrace z terrorising Balbriggan like that.

You come down to Balbriggan train station and do some meditation. I guarantee you wont because of your African pals. All talk you don't have to put up with it yourself. If you did you would have a different out look. Talking nonsense to try and get this thread parked.

You could have save the rest of the wandering nonsense and just posted this...it illustrates your central point - ONLY 'Africans' rob 85 year old women....

To be fair, while I agree his example is a bit "abstract", I don't see where he says that ONLY Africans rob 85 year old women? I think that may have been something you inserted yourself.

Ignoring the actual reality of the situation however will do nothing to solve it, nor does it help your credibility when you try to deflect from the actual points being made to try a cheap-shot "racist!" cry instead.

Care to respond to the questions I posed earlier? That'd be a far better way of countering such "racism" and allow the actual discussion on a discussion forum to progress.

dav3 wrote: »
    Careful now, you're letting your mask slip again. The subject is 'Gangs from Balbriggan' which are comprised of black and white lads.

A serious question for the lads who have been at this for years. Why do you think the majority of Irish people don't take you seriously? Why do people continue to view you as racist? We're talking at least 99% of the Irish population that view you that way. Why do you think you continue to lose support every time you open your mouths?

“Black and white lads”? You get the odd hanger on, but they soon leave when the violence gets too much. About 1 white to every 15 black guys.

There is no use commenting on this if you are not prepared to come down to Balbriggan and see for yourself. You are there at a keyboard talking about a place and a situation you don't know. As I said go to the train station in Balbriggan any week day night. You can see the gang for yourself and I guarantee you wont like it. One of the many problems that immigration has brought to the town. There are loads of facilities in the town for them. There is a boxing club, taekwondo and a gym within 100m of the station.
    There is no use commenting on this if you are not prepared to come down to Balbriggan and see for yourself. You are there at a keyboard talking about a place and a situation you don't know.

You seem confused and you also keep throwing up points and when they are answered you make no further commnet but you move on to something else.

Now on your confusion, at no point have I disputed that there is anti social in Balbriggan, nor have I disputed that there is an issue with some teenagers of African descent. If I was questioning any of that you might have a point about me not visiting Balbriggan tomorrow but as I'm not questioning any of that your point is simply absurd. I'm not in Paris today, does that mean I'm precluded from commenting on the protests there? I'm failry sure you don't know Margaret Cash but it didn't preclude you pulling her asunder on that particualr thread did it?

Now perhaps you'd do me the courtestey of answering the question I posed to you in my post?

'Africans' rob 85 year old women....

Blaming Africans for the actions of dolphins....

.... Racist !!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair, while I agree his example is a bit "abstract", I don't see where he says that ONLY Africans rob 85 year old women? I think that may have been something you inserted yourself.

Ignoring the actual reality of the situation however will do nothing to solve it, nor does it help your credibility when you try to deflect from the actual points being made to try a cheap-shot "racist!" cry instead.

Care to respond to the questions I posed earlier? That'd be a far better way of countering such "racism" and allow the actual discussion on a discussion forum to progress.
    I don't see where he says that ONLY Africans rob 85 year old women? I think that may have been something you inserted yourself.

I did indeed and I did so because that is what the poster is implying and indeed much of the content of this thread is dealing with, it's not about anti social behavious, it's not about gangs, it's not about Balbriggan - it's using and exploiting those issue to give voice to what is an inherently anti migrant agenda.

What is it with you and others - can you not read or do you enjoy on being deliberatly disingenuous. I have just posted about the situation in Balbriggan - I am not ignoring anything. I'd appreciate too that you don't accuse me of stuff unless you're prepared to prove it - I defy you to indicate where I called anyone 'racist'?

I have answered those questions before in debates with Wibbs....go and find them if you're that interested.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement