Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

LOL and both of you are as gullible as i thought you'd be.

Edit: one more thing, these people believed what they read so now you know how fake news gets proliferated. i read it on the internetz so it must be true.
    Come on guys use some logic and common sense
    "Guys, I was only messing, honest"

The irony of you banging on about fake news after linking African people to the Rochdale abuse scandal is quite something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

The entire basis of the virtue-seeking argument is theoretical. This is why uncomfortable facts and realities are dismissed as "-ist" or "-phobic" or "fake news", or deflected with irrelevant drivel.

Amen!!!

(Or whatever the acceptable non-denominational equivalent is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

That's not very likely I'd imagine.

The entire basis of the virtue-seeking argument is theoretical. This is why uncomfortable facts and realities are dismissed as "-ist" or "-phobic" or "fake news", or deflected with irrelevant drivel.

Because it's more about being seen to be on the "right side" of an issue than objectively considering it and making up their own minds, anything that goes against that position is a threat to be attacked.

That's why not one of them have been able to answer the simple questions put to them on this issue without a torrent of personal abuse, strawmanning, whataboutery, or just ignoring it outright.

I'm not sure who they think they're fooling to be honest. The days of reasonable people being shouted down/at by this minority thankfully seem to be coming to an end.

That minority from my perspective had a lot of power on here for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭MFPM

That's not very likely I'd imagine.

Because it's more about being seen to be on the "right side" of an issue than objectively considering it and making up their own minds, anything that goes against that position is a threat to be attacked.

That's why not one of them have been able to answer the simple questions put to them on this issue without a torrent of personal abuse, strawmanning, whataboutery, or just ignoring it outright.

I'm not sure who they think they're fooling to be honest. The days of reasonable people being shouted down/at by this minority thankfully seem to be coming to an end.

You ignoring of my contributions didn't last too long even if your reply is by proxy! :):)
    This is why uncomfortable facts and realities are dismissed as "-ist" or "-phobic" or "fake news", or deflected with irrelevant drivel.

Funny how when uncomfortable facts are pointed out to you or your type, you resort to idiotic and meaningless phrases such as 'virtue signalling'. Hypocrisy much?

Isn't it also interesting the lack of any actual content in that paragraph, no specifics just rather vaccuous sloganeering.

Utter nonsense, any cursory glance at this thread would indeed reveal a lack of objectivity but it's primarly from those propagating anti migrant sentiment - those who argue that 'paddys don't use knives', only 'black men mug 85 year old women' only 'muslim men mistreat women' - just some of the garbage that has been posted here in the last few days. You had nothing to say on those statements, perhaps you (conveniently) missed them! ;)

And now you're just lying. I answered each question you posed in some detail, you replied and I also took the trouble to reply again despite the fact that you selectively responded to my points and were disingenious at best with others, you then ran away.
    The days of reasonable people being shouted down/at

The only people shouting down is you and your type.
    this minority thankfully seem to be coming to an end.

Do explain how you've arrived at this conclusion?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Amen!!!

(Or whatever the acceptable non-denominational equivalent is)

If it means you'll stop posting 'drivel' - I'm with you on this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

MFPM wrote: »
    You ignoring of my contributions didn't last too long even if your reply is by proxy! :):)

Funny how when uncomfortable facts are pointed out to you are your type how you resort to idiotic and meaningless phrases such as 'virtue signalling'. Hypocrisy much?

Isn't it also interesting the lack of any actual content in that paragraph, no specifics just rather vaccuous sloganeering.

Utter nonsense, any cursory glance at this thread would indeed reveal a lack of objectivity but it's primarly from those propogating anti migrant sentiment - those who argue that 'paddys don't use knives', only 'black men mug 85 year old women' only 'muslim men mistreat women' - just some of the garbage that has been posted here in the last few days. Given you had nothing to say on them perhaps you (conveniently) missed them! ;)

And now you're just lying. I answered each question you posed in some detail, you replied and I also took the trouble to reply again despite the fact that you selectively responded to my points and were disingenious at best with others, you then ran away.

The only people shouting down is you and your type.

Do explain how you've arrived at this conclusion?

I am under no obligation to explain anything but I believe you fully understand.

In this thread alone you have ducked and dived from answering the simplest of questions.

you resort to idiotic and meaningless phrases such as 'virtue signalling'. Hypocrisy much?

no specifics just rather vaccuous sloganeering.

I am under no obligation to explain anything but I believe you fully understand.

In this thread alone you have ducked and dived from answering the simplest of questions.

Forgive me, I haven't a notion what you're on about?

Why are you lying?

Are things that bad for you that you're repeating my posts?

I see you got a like from the guy who thinks Pakistan is in Africa!!

• Advertisement

Are things that bad for you that you're repeating my posts?

Let's see, you're accusing others of hypocrisy yet you trotted out meaningless buzzwords in the very same post. It's either irony or hypocrisy, in either case it's lost on you

I'm not responsible for likes given by others to my witty, charismatic, truthful, honest, informative and humble musings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

MFPM from Leitrim spent a few days a week in Balbriggan years ago so obviously the expert around here on all things currently happening in Balbriggan. Surprised they didn’t know there was a mosque in the town though. Friday must not have been one of the days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

In an ideal world the guards would round up this gang and either Swift sentences for hard Labour in prison (18 hrs backbreaking tedious work all day every day so that on release their body is wrecked and only a few short years life before shuffling off this mortal coil) or else ship em out back to whatever hellhole they first arrived from.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

Aw thanks ASE, who appointed you as official Balbriggan welcomer?

Anyway, back to #1372 - any sign of those incidents you're been prattlling on about?

Plenty but I can’t say without giving away the people involved some very specific ones. Your silence on women being treated like second citizens by Muslims says it all. I’m surprised you didnt head over to join ISIS when things were going well for them. You are still welcome to come and see for yourself.

Took a leaf out of MFPM's playbook and had a look at their posting history. My god, what an utterly miserable individual. Not an iota of craic to be found anywhere. Literally every single post they've made on After Hours is in an immigration, Traveller or gender thread where they're, more often than not, calling everyone racist or sexist. What an angry person. Lighten the fudge up homeboy/homegirl!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Utter nonsense, any cursory glance at this thread would indeed reveal a lack of objectivity but it's primarly from those propagating anti migrant sentiment - those who argue that 'paddys don't use knives', only 'black men mug 85 year old women' only 'muslim men mistreat women' - just some of the garbage that has been posted here in the last few days. You had nothing to say on those statements, perhaps you (conveniently) missed them! ;)
    OK so, you've made a claim and a pretty clear one, so if you would, please link three posts in this entire many paged thread where any poster has said the above underlined. It should be easy.
    And now you're just lying.
    This may come back to haunt you...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    OK so, you've made a claim and a pretty clear one, so if you would, please link three posts in this entire many paged thread where any poster has said the above underlined. It should be easy.

One thing about me Wibbs - you may not agree with me, you may dislike my viewpoint but let me make this very clear to you - I don't lie and I don't make things up....Now to illustrate the point so you won't make this mistake in the future...
    Many paddies with knives terrorising people??
    DS86DS wrote: »
    As you walk by the 85 year old woman with a knife up to her throat by a son of Africa demanding her handbag.....
    Plenty of African Muslims in Balbriggan. The way they treat women is disgraceful. I’m surprised MFPM is not highlighting this.

I take it you and your five cheerleaders will now apologise? I won't hold my breath!

A recap to help you....

I replied...
    Why are you lying?

Posts where I specifically answered questions #1291 #1342 #1399 .

Of course I've posed some questions specifically to All Seeing Eye and he has ducked and dived for two days but as he's on the anti migrant side of this debate and funny enough he gets a free pass from some here including you apparently.

I await your response.

One thing about me Wibbs....

Here's another thing about you. You seem to take it very badly or personally when people thank posts that disagree with you.
    I see young Wibbs 'liked' your comment - he's clearly confude on the point being made too, nice you have some company
    I take it you and your five cheerleaders will now apologise? I won't hold my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Only

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

One thing about me Wibbs - you may not agree with me, you may dislike my viewpoint but let me make this very clear to you - I don't lie and I don't make things up....

I'm afraid you're being economical with the truth. Again. Example: You previously claimed and I quote:
    Yeah but Wibbs will be along in a minute to tell you that knocking people over and stealing bags/phones didn't happen before migrants came here and multiculturalism is to blame!
    On that post alone(and there are others), it would be hard to defend your claim that you don't lie and don't make things up.
    Now to illustrate the point so you won't make this mistake in the future...
    OK. Not one of those claimed "only migrants" do this, nor claimed no Irish do it. So yep, you should continue to hold that breath of yours.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

So yep, you should continue to hold that breath of yours.

Hopefully perpetually

• Advertisement

Here's another thing about you. You seem to take it very badly or personally when people thank posts that disagree with you.
    I have found O one reason or this is that hardcore acolytes of whatever position you're having yourself, on the "right" or the "left", are used to echo chambers, or used to naysayers ranting at them. Neither can handle thought out arguments, even basic questions that challenge their credo.

And this has gotten worse in the last few years. Take this website and those like it. Linear forums where posts follow on from each other like a conversation and where opposing viewpoints can be seen. They're going out of style. In their place are Facebook/WhatsApp type groups where only the fervent for whatever cause are invited in the first place and any dissension is quickly shouted down or removed/blocked. Ditto with Twitter. Reddit has the up/down vote system in play so anything going against the grain of the echo chamber is dropped off the page in short order. So you have a load of activists of all stripes in conversations of mutual agreement only used to general agreement about how brilliant their position is. Whether they be Neo Nazi's or Right ON Guardian readers, they almost never hear anything that challenges them, and if they do the shutters come down almost immediately.

I have found O one reason or this is that hardcore acolytes of whatever position you're having yourself, on the "right" or the "left", are used to echo chambers, or used to naysayers ranting at them. Neither can handle thought out arguments, even basic questions that challenge their credo.

I hear you barking big dog. I've been called a liberal luvvie and a Nazi on the same thread before. You just can't win sometimes!

One thing about me Wibbs - you may not agree with me, you may dislike my viewpoint but let me make this very clear to you - I don't lie and I don't make things up....Now to illustrate the point so you won't make this mistake in the future...

A recap to help you....

I replied...

Of course I've posed some questions specifically to All Seeing Eye and he has ducked and dived for two days but as he's on the anti migrant side of this debate and funny enough he gets a free pass from some here including you apparently.

I await your response.

No ducking and diving here. You really need to come to Balbriggan. You have no experience of mass African immigration so hard for you to get what I’m talking about. The invite is still there. Go see the African gang at the train station and then swing by the mosque for a look. You won’t experience much of life stuck up in Leitrim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

A recap to help you....

I replied...

I await your response.

You are using a quote from me, massively out of context. You said that there were thousands of Paddy’s out in Poland during the Euros. I never claimed Irish people don’t use knives.

So we can see that you may not lie, but you definitely misrepresent and manipulate what was said.

I'm afraid you're being economical with the truth. Again. Example: You previously claimed and I quote: On that post alone(and there are others), it would be hard to defend your claim that you don't lie and don't make things up.

OK. Not one of those claimed "only migrants" do this, nor claimed no Irish do it. So yep, you should continue to hold that breath of yours.

Such dishonesty! Perhaps you have some difficulty with reading

There's a quote you may know, I confess I can't remember who said it....it's rather apt for you...

'When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don't repeat it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

You are using a quote from me, massively out of context. You said that there were thousands of Paddy’s out in Poland during the Euros. I never claimed Irish people don’t use knives.

So we can see that you may not lie, but you definitely misrepresent and manipulate what was said.

I's a deliberate tactic from what I can see.

Posters spend so much time correcting what he's deliberately taken out of context or misrepresented, and responding to his latest string of personal abuse in each post that he doesn't actually have to answer anything put to him.

Meanwhile the posts roll by and it just looks like petty tit-for-tat shyte.

As I said, tactics.

Not in the slightest, it's simply a short hand way of referring to posters who are themselves incapable of articulating a coherent argument so they latch on to someone who is somewhat better able to constriuct an argument that gives voice to thier innate prejudice.

Happy to clarify that for you.

And this has gotten worse in the last few years. Take this website and those like it. Linear forums where posts follow on from each other like a conversation and where opposing viewpoints can be seen. They're going out of style. In their place are Facebook/WhatsApp type groups where only the fervent for whatever cause are invited in the first place and any dissension is quickly shouted down or removed/blocked. Ditto with Twitter. Reddit has the up/down vote system in play so anything going against the grain of the echo chamber is dropped off the page in short order. So you have a load of activists of all stripes in conversations of mutual agreement only used to general agreement about how brilliant their position is. Whether they be Neo Nazi's or Right ON Guardian readers, they almost never hear anything that challenges them, and if they do the shutters come down almost immediately.
    Neither can handle thought out arguments, even basic questions that challenge their credo.

There's the dishonesty again.

No ducking and diving here. You really need to come to Balbriggan. You have no experience of mass African immigration so hard for you to get what I’m talking about. The invite is still there. Go see the African gang at the train station and then swing by the mosque for a look. You won’t experience much of life stuck up in Leitrim.

Still ducking and diving I see. Did you find those instances you were reporting earlier?

You said that there were thousands of Paddy’s out in Poland during the Euros.

Show me one quote, any quote where I mentioned Poland or Euros? You are confusing me with someone else, do try to be accurate.

It is not out of context - I raised the issue of Limerick and your response was - that was years ago (I'm paraphrasing). However you were inferring that knife crimes was a preserve of migrants alone.

And once again you're embarrasing yourself as I've just indicated - maybe unlike Wibbs, you have the balls to apologise for misrepresenting me?

• Advertisement

Still ducking and diving I see. Did you find those instances you were reporting earlier?

I did. You need to get out of Leitrim and see some African immigrants.

I's a deliberate tactic from what I can see.

Posters spend so much time correcting what he's deliberately taken out of context or misrepresented, and responding to his latest string of personal abuse in each post that he doesn't actually have to answer anything put to him.

Meanwhile the posts roll by and it just looks like petty tit-for-tat shyte.

As I said, tactics.

Still ignoring me? ;)

I've just corrected weldoninhio in #1426 - pop over have a look and then you can come back and acknowledge your error.

Happy to clarify that for you.

Only time you're seemingly happy in here is when you're acting high and mighty and while being snarky and derogatory. You could do with seriously lightening up. There's not one light hearted or fun post from you on this entire forum. I'd hate to be as deeply unhappy as you seem to be. Also, you may think you're above everyone else on the smarts scale but you most definitely give off the vibe of a faux intellectual. If this isn't strictly an online persona, I feel nothing but pity for you. Imagine being that miserable and petty constantly. Poor thing.

I did. You need to get out of Leitrim and see some African immigrants.

You didn't. I've lived here for a year - 20 years in Swords - 5 in Balrothery and 20 years working on and off in Balbriggan...believe me I know what I'm talking about.

Only time you're seemingly happy in here is when you're acting high and mighty and while being snarky and derogatory. You could do with seriously lightening up. There's not one light hearted or fun post from you on this entire forum. I'd hate to be as deeply unhappy as you seem to be. Also, you may think you're above everyone else on the smarts scale but you most definitely give off the vibe of a faux intellectual. If this isn't strictly an online persona, I feel nothing but pity for you. Imagine being that miserable and petty constantly. Poor thing.
    Only time you're seemingly happy in here is when you're acting high and mighty and while being snarky and derogatory. You could do with seriously lightening up.

If people didn't continue to lie there would be no need for any of this.
    There's not one light hearted or fun post from you on this entire forum. I'd hate to be as deeply unhappy as you seem to be.

What's lighthearted about a succession of posters exploiting an issue of anti social behaviour to vent streams of anti migrant sentiment with the odd detour to Paris to slag off muslims? Forgive me if I don't see the humour in that, if that's how you get your kicks, off you go.

You didn't. I've live here for a year - 20 years in swords - 5 in Balrothery and 20 years working on and off in Balbriggan...believe me I know what I'm talking about.

You are still going on about that. You didn’t even know there was a mosque here. Things have changed since you passed though here. I’m think secretely you are horrified and extremely scared of seeing the African gang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Still ignoring me? ;)

I've just corrected weldoninhio in #1426 - pop over have a look and then you can come back and acknowledge your error.

When you have something to actually contribute I'll consider it.

But this smart-ass attitude of yours, deliberately baiting and misrepresenting what people are posting while actually not addressing the substance of the points raised is fooling no one.

It's obvious you can't back up whatever point you have to make on this topic without this childish and inflammatory posting style - no doubt intended to 1) deflect and spam enough that the thread is completely derailed and 2) hope that the mods have enough and lock it up and/or start carding posters who respond to your guff.

As I said, you're fooling no one.

In general, I mean MFPM. Lighten up in general. Literally every post by you on After Hours has you fighting the good fight in immigration/Traveller/gender war threads. Are you incapable of posting anything fun or lighthearted. Is everything a political or social battle? No musings about your favourite foods or no fond nostalgia posts. Just identity politics and no fun. Lighten up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

good to see clontarf hasn't had these gangs since that gentleman's message on the national radio and telly " we look out for each other"

long may it last

• Advertisement

Nope, but it seems your literacy or more like selective memory isn't exactly up to par. QV where I showed by your own words you're both quick to assume and speak for others so long as it fits your inner template and quick to be economical with the truth.

Another given with acolytes of the various Churches Of WhateverYourHavingYouselfism is part of the baptism in said churches is a humour and irony removal. Self awareness is a sin too. EG
    There's a quote you may know, I confess I can't remember who said it....it's rather apt for you...

'When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don't repeat it...
    Or as the fella said: "Medice. Cura te ipsum". Ok it was a Greek fella, but my Greek is appalling and my Latin isn't much better. Vulgate indeed.
    There's the dishonesty again.
    You do realise the point I was making? Indeed you and a few others on this thread on both sides are proving my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Show me one quote, any quote where I mentioned Poland or Euros? You are confusing me with someone else, do try to be accurate.

It is not out of context - I raised the issue of Limerick and your response was - that was years ago (I'm paraphrasing). However you were inferring that knife crimes was a preserve of migrants alone.

And once again you're embarrasing yourself as I've just indicated - maybe unlike Wibbs, you have the balls to apologise for misrepresenting me?

It’s completely out of context. The attached is the actual post I replied to. I mentioned nothing about “paddies not using knives” which is what you used my post as an example of, or “Limerick” that’s somehow turned up in your backtracking. I did mess up in thinking that it was you that had made that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

1539978158556.jpg

1539978158556.jpg

nietzsche is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

nietzsche is dead

And MPFM has killed him.

nietzsche is dead
    That quote of his always stops at the opening part. He was sad and scared of the notion of what he was saying and might become of this idea.

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

But I digress. As I am wont to do.. :o:o

• Advertisement

That quote of his always stops at the opening part. He was sad and scared of the notion of what he was saying and might become of this idea.

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

But I digress. As I am wont to do.. :o:o

tldr

dgaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

That's great in theory. If everyone did that, there'd be no problem at all. But then I'll direct you to this video from Paris, only a short hop from our shores.

Oh FFS you are seriously showing me a video of an isolated incident in an isolated area of a city of the bones of 2 and a half million people as evidence of something to be afraid of. Snowflakery at its most evident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Oh FFS you are seriously showing me a video of an isolated incident in an isolated area of a city of the bones of 2 and a half million people as evidence of something to be afraid of. Snowflakery at its most evident.

didnt you watch the video ?

the whole point of it is that it isnt an isolated incident

It will probably be like that in Balbriggan someday for white people. Already happened where an African shop had a sign up saying no white people.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement