Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bachelor of Business-University of Limerick

Options
  • 20-01-2018 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I’m a leaving cert student and I really want to do something in the world of business, finance or economics in college and I’ve been looking into a few courses and the one that seems to interest me most is the Bachelor of Business Studies UL. I’m just wondering would the fact that I do ordinary level maths and economics is the only business subject I do affect me for this course. I know it’s not a requirement to do honours maths or any business subjects, but I’m just wondering would the fact that I don’t do accounting or business this year make the course very difficult? Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

It’s been a few years since I was in UL but subjects at 1st year are taught assuming no previous knowledge because they know that students may not have had to option to take specific subjects at leaving cert. You will be expected to put the work in yourself between lectures to get up to speed quickly but that’s the same for any subject you don’t have experience in.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

1st year economics is heavily based on the leaving so you will have a big advantage, every subject in first year is taught at an introductory level.

Advertisement