Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries burglaries

Options
  • 20-01-2018 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭

There's been a rising amount of break ins over the past few weeks in the Skerries area. 6 in the last week alone that I know about.

Some happening in the open in broad daylight. Not taking electronics or trashing the place, just looking for cash it seems.

Its worrying.

Keep your eyes open and doors locked!

Edit: it seems I forgot to write the entire title

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    ....Keep your eyes open and doors locked....
    .....And put on the alarm when you're in the house. I'm always astounded that so many people only set their burglar alarm when the house is vacant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    There's been a worrying amount of break ins over the past few weeks in the Skerries area. 6 in the last week alone that I know about.

Some happening in the open in broad daylight. Not taking electronics or trashing the place, just looking for cash it seems.

Its worrying.

Keep your eyes open and doors locked!

Edit: it seems I forgot to write the entire title

Fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Seems from what I hear it all over the place. Really important we lock up, set alarms and take notes of strangers hanging about.

Funny why so many people object to CCTV in public places when it could be a great help in catching the people carrying out these burglaries. It appears to work in U.K where they have it but we seem to complain about privacy issues.
    I would have no problem with a few cameras up around the town that the Gardái could use.

Advertisement