Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shane McGowan on the Ray D'Arcy show

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

His missus must be more like his carer at this stage, it's sad what alcohol and drugs can do to someone.

People are still very fit these days at 60 but he's like a 90 year old.

There was a story that a few years ago she was on one of his benders and Victoria decided she had had enough so she left him.
    About three weeks later she became worried for how he was coping on his own. So she called the house and asked how he had been coping this last three weeks.
    "Whaaaaa"...was his response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yep I get the sense that she was trying to distract from the situation with attempts at stupid jokes. Surprised McGowan tolerates such an obviously fake type around him but maybe he’s vulnerable these days.

They're together 20+ years at this stage, maybe even 30. If she was a fake I'm sure he would have realised by now! Don't know how or why she puts up with him tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Shane MacGowan is a legend, he has written some of the greatest songs ever written and has been a massive influence to many artists, but he’s never been good in interviews. He’s always been quiet and shy, and thinks before he speaks. Before you judge him on last nights interview, Due to breaking his pelvis Shane is now in a wheel chair and heavily medicated. Add D’Arcys terrible questions to the mix, we get what we got. Shane didn’t have much to say, so he didn’t say it. But when he did speak, he was funny and quick witted.

If you wanna know what Shane really thinks... listen to his songs.

High Veronica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Just watching it on RTE player, whats the deal with the birthday wishes on the start of the show ?

Jesus how cringey!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

High Veronica

Who is veronica :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I think it shows Irelands unhealthy view of alcohol - he is wheeled out,
    with a ****ing DRINK .. and vaping like a f*cking junkie - and the
    audience clap think its great - what a LEGEND!!
    People need to be ashamed of this if we wanna be serious in tackling our nations
    massive drink problem.

It was like watching an interview with an advanced stage alzheimers patient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

Yep I get the sense that she was trying to distract from the situation with attempts at stupid jokes. Surprised McGowan tolerates such an obviously fake type around him but maybe he’s vulnerable these days.

I thought the opposite. She seems like a very genuine, positive, compassionate and nice person. They clearly love each other. I think they have been together for nearly 30 years

Advertisement