Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early 00s style highlights/bleaching in Dublin

Options
  • 21-01-2018 5:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭

In a likely final stab at pretending I'm young, I want to get the same heavily highlighted / approaching quite bleached spiky haircut I had from the late 1990s until about 2010 - but most barbers don't do any form of colouring at all anymore. Suspect beardcare and hot towel shaves have become the done thing as the extra services beyond normal cuts these days

Short of just doing it myself which I did do before, are there any barbers still willing and capable of doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Go to someone like Peter Marks in Stephens Green Centre. They’ll do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Billy Idol style? I'd most hairdressers will do that, rather than men's barbers. However, I'm not sure.

MV5BMTMzODc4NDYyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODc3MTM1._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I admit, I always wanted to bleach my hair back in the nineties, and nearly did it in 1997. But it's too late for me now... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yeah you want a hairdressing salon rather than a barber. Not many barbers do any form of colouring AFAIK.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yeah you want a hairdressing salon rather than a barber. Not many barbers do any form of colouring AFAIK.

They used to, that's the issue I'm having. One place told me they could do it if I got the bleach and toner in Terrisales and brought it in.

I was hoping to avoid paying the salon 'tax' (that women are constantly saddled with) but its looking likely now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Go to a Chinese or Eastern European hairdresser barber combo type place.

I noticed yesterday they do the highlight cap and hook in dealz if you're really desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Bucket.

Towel.

Bottle of bleach.

Post a pic of the results.

:)

Advertisement