Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I Move a phonewatch Motion Sensors with PIR Cameras

Options
  • 21-01-2018 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

This motion sensor watches the back door and I want to put a book self there and move sensor to opposite wall. I looked at sensor but cannot open it - no screws on it... It is wireless but firmly attached to the wall and don't see any obvious way to remove from wall.

Do I need to call out PhoneWatch to do this ? what cost ?

If I attempt to do myself - I prob get a call from phonewatch but I know the password so I can give them the password and say all okay ??

Any know how I open the sensor & steps to remove ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Have you asked PW?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

harry999 wrote: »
    This motion sensor watches the back door and I want to put a book self there and move sensor to opposite wall. I looked at sensor but cannot open it - no screws on it... It is wireless but firmly attached to the wall and don't see any obvious way to remove from wall.

If I attempt to do myself - I prob get a call from phonewatch but I know the password so I can give them the password and say all okay ??

If I were you I would get them to move it, the unit is their property.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1
    Isn't this covered in that large fee you pay them every month.
    I know we'd cover this for a fee paying customer with monitoring & maintenance.

KoolKid wrote:
    +1 Isn't this covered in that large fee you pay them every month. I know we'd cover this for a fee paying customer with monitoring & maintenance.

Most of us would.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

harry999 wrote: »

You'll need to check who owns the system. How old is it? Check your contract and cold call PW and ask them, save you the hassle of it.

What brand / model is it? Some systems when opened set a tamper which means that an engineer/ARC may need to reset this.

• Advertisement

Mr. G wrote:
    You'll need to check who owns the system. How old is it? Check your contract and cold call PW and ask them, save you the hassle of it.

It's a PIR camera, there is no need to check who owns the system, it's belonging to PW

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

kub wrote: »
    It's a PIR camera, there is no need to check who owns the system, it's belonging to PW

Yep it is
    I missed the camera bit :D

Advertisement