Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should an energy saving light bulb last/using with dimmer switches

Options
  • 21-01-2018 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

I usually buy energy saving light bulbs but they don't seem to last much longer that a regular light bulb (the B22/bayonet type). Are they supposed to last much longer or are they just supposed to use less energy for the same amount or greater light output.

Also, are there specific energy saving light bulbs I need to get for dimmer switches? Have bought a few and they flicker a lot on dimmer switches even when set to max output (not all brands mind).

Finally, does anyone know if these Kanlux bulbs are any good? I'm paying about €8.99 for Phillips CorePro LEDbulbs 13W consumption/100 watt output and the box says 15,000 hours but they. Eed raplacing as well every 3-4 months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

PIRs and dimmers all run the sh1t out of all led lamps imo.

Unless it's a professional Dali type dimmer or philips hue where the dimmers have a soft start and stop that helps with lamp life

Look up Philips hue

Led lamps with on off switches will last a long time. But generally speaking they don't like PIRs and dimmers

A quick note the intensity of light is not measured in watts, the 13 watt to 100watt is a very abstract statement, I know the lighting guys use it.

You'd want a comparison regarding light output around lumens per watt.

Advertisement