Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a gym in Ballysimon/Castletroy region

• 21-01-2018 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    I was in Beefit gym in Ballysimon, they have just closed down. Cost was around 25 euros per month. The location was ideal for me so Im looking for another gym in the Ballysimon/Castletroy region at a cost of around 25 - 35 per month. Im not looking for persona trainers, classes etc, just a gym where I can do my own training, and that is ideally open evenings and weekends.
    A lot of the gyms I see advertised are either in unsuitable locations for me, or seem to be all about classes/personal trainers.
    Any ideas/suggestions?
    I did hear that Ben Dunne was supposed to be opening a new gym in Limerick, now that Beefit have closed down maybe he will spot the gap and open up a gym now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭CWF

banjobongo wrote: »
    hi guys
    I was in Beefit gym in Ballysimon, they have just closed down. Cost was around 25 euros per month. The location was ideal for me so Im looking for another gym in the Ballysimon/Castletroy region at a cost of around 25 - 35 per month. Im not looking for persona trainers, classes etc, just a gym where I can do my own training, and that is ideally open evenings and weekends.
    A lot of the gyms I see advertised are either in unsuitable locations for me, or seem to be all about classes/personal trainers.
    Any ideas/suggestions?
    I did hear that Ben Dunne was supposed to be opening a new gym in Limerick, now that Beefit have closed down maybe he will spot the gap and open up a gym now?

The body building in Raheen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks but Raheen isnt ideal for me

thanks but Raheen isnt ideal for me

Go Gym perhaps.

CWF wrote: »
    Go Gym perhaps.

Thanks but again location does not suit me

Thanks but again location does not suit me

UL

• Advertisement

Thanks. The problem with UL is car parking during the day during term time.... I know there is a one hour car park that free for an hour but by the time you park, use the gym for any decent length of time, shower and leave the hour will be up....also how easy is to get a car park space during the day in UL during term time?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

Fit100?

I checked with them, great location for me but they are looking for 80 e per month which is way outside my budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

I checked with them, great location for me but they are looking for 80 e per month which is way outside my budget.
    Planet health,in childer,s road is around €40 a month.Used to be a member.Excellent facilities.Pool aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Thanks. The problem with UL is car parking during the day during term time.... I know there is a one hour car park that free for an hour but by the time you park, use the gym for any decent length of time, shower and leave the hour will be up....also how easy is to get a car park space during the day in UL during term time?

its 90 mins free in the car park close to the pool arena. parking elsewhere can be hit or miss but before they put in the 90 minute car park, found I'd rarely be waiting long for a spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

You're not going to get anywhere else as cheap as Beefit was to be honest
    Planet Health on Childers Rd is probably your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

There is a gym next to Walsh Windows, have seen people in and out loads. Can't think of the name though, will take a look next time I'm in the area.

Advertisement