Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jordan Peterson interview on C4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

20Cent wrote: »
    Derided by who?

Two people on twitter and a blogger.

I'm guessing an official statement from London Pride attacking them as showing "a level of bigotry, ignorance and hate that is unacceptable" wouldn't suffice for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

I'm guessing an official statement from London Pride attacking them as showing "a level of bigotry, ignorance and hate that is unacceptable" wouldn't suffice for you.

Where does it say lesbians have to have sex with transmen?

20Cent, if you went on a date with a "woman," took her home, and "she" undressed to reveal a penis, would you have sex with "her"?

Yes or no answer, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I think all toilets/changing rooms should be unisex and have cubicles.

The cubicles need to be sealed off from each other and self-contained. If that was how unisex bathrooms existed, that would be great. Is it likely that many establishments will do that kind of renovations? I’m very doubtful.

I'm curious (again), if I was to do the work for you, and post up a dozen references, would that be enough? I'm getting the feeling that it wouldn't.

The reasons the numbers are going to be low is because transgendered people are still an extreme minority. It stands to reason that the numbers of incidents would be low.

The numbers must be absolutely tiny.
    Why is it so hard to accommodate these people.

• Advertisement

20Cent, if you went on a date with a "woman," took her home, and "she" undressed to reveal a penis, would you have sex with "her"?

Yes or no answer, please.

No.
    My preference is people without a penis.

Yup. 20cent, another blog:

"“young lesbians are being told their sexual orientation is bigoted — it’s time trans activists stop pushing ‘girl dick’ on them. Genital ‘preferences’ is bad word usage.”

This is the antithesis of freedom; this is a new form of fascism through economic coercion, which has cleverly been disguised as a civil rights movement.

The victims of this new religion are, of course, women: lesbian culture has been decimated as lesbian bars rebadge themselves as ‘queer’ so that they are more ‘inclusive’, which in this context means ‘less likely to be attacked by transgender activists claiming discrimination’. Women-only groups, organizations and even festivals are compelled, by direct threats to funding, to accept ‘self-identification’ as the passport to these spaces, rather than a collection of shared physical characteristics and a life of experience of living with the resultant personal and intimate consequences.

This is the antithesis of freedom; this is a new form of fascism through economic coercion, which has cleverly been disguised as a civil rights movement. If the transgender rights movement may be described as a revolution, it is now time for counter-revolution: bring on the backlash"

Although I must admit I find it interesting that the lesbian community is facing the same problems that the male community with regards to equality and discrimination. Everything is brought to an extreme to ensure that we are inclusive. Pandora's box is fully open, and the world has, indeed, gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Sounds like you think people who aren't trans will pretend to be trans.
    That's a different issue.

How do you determine who is trans and who's pretending?

No.

Well, these so-called "trans-exclusionary" lesbians feel exactly the same way.

And yet, when they expressed their preference at London Pride, they were called bigoted, ignorant, and hateful by the organizers.

The numbers must be absolutely tiny.
    Why is it so hard to accommodate these people.

Accommodate them in what way? That lesbians should have sex with someone who identifies as female but still has a penis? Just to accommodate them?

Here's two questions, 20Cent for you to answer.

Why does the majority, in most different situations relating to Transgenders, have to conform to what the minority wants?

What makes Transgenders so important that their wants are more important than everyone else wants?

• Advertisement

No.

Do you classify yourself as a bigot because you exercise this preference? Because I think that's the point being made. This group were being accused of bigotry for exercising their preference for people without a penis.

Well, these so-called "trans-exclusionary" lesbians feel exactly the same way.

And yet, when they expressed their preference at London Pride, they were called bigoted, ignorant, and hateful by the organizers.

Good for them, I think a shlong would be a turnoff to a lesbian as well.

They were called "bigoted, ignorant, and hateful" because they didn't want trans people at the event.

No.

Then you're transphobic. Because sexual preference is transphobic.

Welcome to the club! :P [Although being bisexual, I'm not actually part of that club (the no penis club). But We're all part of the transphobic club regardless. Yay. Being Inclusive is great!]

xckjoo wrote: »
    Do you classify yourself as a bigot because you exercise this preference? Because I think that's the point being made. This group were being accused of bigotry for exercising their preference for people without a penis.

The point being made by a tiny tiny group.
    There are more flat earth believers, lizard people conspiracy theorists etc
    Do what we do with them ignore them.

Then you're transphobic. Because sexual preference is transphobic.

Welcome to the club! :P [Although being bisexual, I'm not actually part of that club (the no penis club). But We're all part of the transphobic club regardless. Yay. Being Inclusive is great!]

So you are letting this tiny group decide whats transphobic?
    No wonder you are so triggered if you believe every tweet and blog.

xckjoo wrote: »

No.
    Who is calling people bigots because they have a preference?
    Two people on twitter and a blogger so what.

They were called "bigoted, ignorant, and hateful" because they didn't want trans people at the event.

These lesbians didn't object to trans people attending the event.

They were called "bigoted, ignorant, and hateful" because they asserted their right to be sexually attracted only to other natural-born women and not to trans women.

So you are letting this tiny group decide whats transphobic?
    No wonder you are so triggered if you believe every tweet and blog.

You and others here on boards have decided what transphobic means, and applied it to other posters... whats the difference?

And.. come on.. I'm being triggered? That's a rather lame and pathetic response. You haven't come close to triggering me yet. Care to deal with my questions (and perhaps back up some of your own opinions with evidence rather than dismissing everyone else's?)

These lesbians didn't object to trans people attending the event.

They were called "bigoted, ignorant, and hateful" because they asserted their right to be sexually attracted only to other natural-born women and not to trans women.

Where does it say that in the statement?

You and others here on boards have decided what transphobic means, and applied it to other posters... whats the difference?

And.. come on.. I'm being triggered? That's a rather lame and pathetic response. You haven't come close to triggering me yet. Care to deal with my questions (and perhaps back up some of your own opinions with evidence rather than dismissing everyone else's?)

You are tying the false equivalence thing again.
    Discriminating against trans people is the exact same as a personal sexual preference.
    No they are not.

• Advertisement

Where does it say that in the statement?

The group concerned is called "Get the 'L' Out."

Here is their website: http://www.gettheloutuk.com/
    The LGBT community, including Pride events and marches, are denying the definition of lesbianism, defining lesbianism’s exclusive same-sex attraction as hate-speech.

The LGBT community is coercing lesbians to accept penises as female organs and heterosexual intercourse as a lesbian sexual practice.

We oppose this manipulative ideology and denounce it as a form of rape culture aimed at lesbians, as well as a form of conversion therapy.

Standing up for their right to be exclusively attracted to other natural-born women has got these lesbians labeled as hateful and bigoted.

You are tying the false equivalence thing again.

Actually, if you're honest, you'll recall that you introduced the equivalences.. not me.
    Discriminating against trans people is the exact same as a personal sexual preference. No they are not.

Not what I wrote. Quote me. Respond to what I wrote. but don't reinterpret me, and then respond... although "no, they're not" isn't much of a response.

The group concerned is called "Get the 'L' Out."

Here is their website: http://www.gettheloutuk.com/

Standing up for their right to be exclusively attracted to other natural-born women has got these lesbians labeled as hateful and bigoted.

Where does it say that's the reason in the pride statement?
    It doesn't you are surmising it.

There were 8 of them.

Actually, if you're honest, you'll recall that you introduced the equivalences.. not me.

Not what I wrote. Quote me. Respond to what I wrote. but don't reinterpret me, and then respond... although "no, they're not" isn't much of a response.

I'm lost.
    What is the question again?

Should a lesbian have sex with someone they don't want to?
    No of course not.
    Is calling them transphobic if they don't have sex with them right?
    Of course not.

If you forget a question.. you could go back a bit. It's not as if we're 10 or 20 pages away from where we started.

Where does it say that's the reason in the pride statement?
    It doesn't you are surmising it.

There were 8 of them.

These women attended the Pride event as representatives of "Get the 'L' Out," whose beliefs are clearly articulated on their website and elsewhere.

They were subsequently denounced by the Pride organizers as hateful and bigoted because they refuse to accept trans women as actual women.

The Pride statement assumes its readers know what "Get the 'L' Out" stands for and so does not spell every last thing out.

These women attended the Pride event as representatives of "Get the 'L' Out," whose beliefs are clearly articulated on their website and elsewhere.

They were subsequently denounced by the Pride organizers as hateful and bigoted because they refuse to accept trans women as actual women.

The Pride statement assumes its readers know what "Get the 'L' Out" stands for and so does not spell every last thing out.

Ok.
    So where did pride say they have to have sex with transwomen?

They didn't.

Do you think trans people should be excluded from Pride?

If you forget a question.. you could go back a bit. It's not as if we're 10 or 20 pages away from where we started.

Could you just remind?
    Have gone down a rabbit hole here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The issue is that many of these groups (particularly the LGB Alliance) have links to US-funded groups who are targetting LGBT groups in general. They're attempting to do so through disinformation and trying to cause fractures in LGBT groups.

There are always extremists on both sides. Any trans or pro-trans groups who say it's transphobic for lesbians to not want to date trans women should simply be told to shut the f*ck up. But likewise you can support the rights of trans people, can consider trans women to be women and even support their right to use women's toilets and changing rooms without saying lesbians are transphobic for not dating trans women.

People will always take the loudest voices on the other side and use them as the example of the other side as a whole. Trans women who think lesbians should date them, 'yon Yaniv one trying to sue beauty salons and the other disgusting sh*te she was at etc. They're not representative of trans women as a whole, they're the extreme lunatic fringes. Likewise, not everyone who objects to some aspects of trans rights are Graham Linehan. There does need to be a discussion about trans women competing in sports. There does need to be a discussion about if some doctors are too quick to prescribe puberty blockers etc to children.

Let's not use the extremists on either side as an example of that side as a whole.

• Advertisement

Ok.
    So where did pride say they have to have sex with transwomen?

They didn't.

Do you think trans people should be excluded from Pride?
    Same place as in this thread. Nowhere at all....
    You're the only one that has brought sex into this.

Advertisement