Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Indian takeaway?

Options
  • 21-01-2018 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi everyone, want to get an indian takeaway and not sure where to try? Last time was ages ago so a bit out of touch- tried the place in Irishtown- opposite brewery- it was lovely- but just want to know should I go back there or is there anywhere else as good/better now? Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭biffontour

Shimla in Irishtown is pretty nice

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I get my currys from Kebabish.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

You won't go wrong with Shimla.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Thanks! Never heard of Kebabish, where is it ??? Shimla- Ive eaten in it years ago never got take away..must give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The Hallal shop in Irishtown was the best for me over the years.  I think it changed owners so not sure how it has been since.
    Agree on Shimla also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Anyone try the new Indian place where Chez Pierre used to be on Parliment St?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Thanks! Never heard of Kebabish, where is it ??? Shimla- Ive eaten in it years ago never got take away..must give it a go.

Kebabish is on Walkin St, beside the chipper - much better curries than Shimla IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Love the kebabs there. Never tried their curries.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Has to be Royal Spice for me. Tried Indique and wasnt too impressed with it. Shimla is good too. Havent tried Kebabish for anything other than chips or kebabs. Might give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Thanks everyone, tried Shimla in the end, really nice food. Must definately try Kebabish too sometime.

• Advertisement
Advertisement