Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evaluation

Options
  • 21-01-2018 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Hi

Will be having a evaluator look at the house in the coming weeks, or couple months. However, in mean time just trying to figure out % of house price would have increased by: I've a house, mid terrace in Dublin 1 , I bought mid 2014 , so just looking at rough estimate of increase in said period of time?

Any guesstimates? I'm not looking for specific house price as I know that can't be done without seeing it, more a general percentage houses of this type would have increased by

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Look on daft at similar houses in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Look on daft at similar houses in your area.

not finding any

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dar100 wrote: »
    not finding any
    Maybe look at https://www.propertypriceregister.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Could you compare the proper price index for a Dublin house in 2014 compared to now?
    Obviously a very crude estimate!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Bought in 2015 and had increased by 63K, a 23% increase. My guestimate FWIW is about 27-33% increase in value.

Let us know how close we get :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its D1- and you have 3 years of appreciation to factor into the equation- D1 wouldn't be a highly desireable part of the city (though obviously there are good and bad areas). Without knowing any details- I'd guess you're looking at at least a 20% increase over 3 years- possibly more, but not a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Its D1- and you have 3 years of appreciation to factor into the equation- D1 wouldn't be a highly desireable part of the city (though obviously there are good and bad areas). Without knowing any details- I'd guess you're looking at at least a 20% increase over 3 years- possibly more, but not a lot more.

I hear you- it's a kip, but was a nessesity at the time. Just interested to find out

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

dar100 wrote: »
    I hear you- it's a kip, but was a nessesity at the time. Just interested to find out

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a kip- there are good and bad areas there- and whatever way you look at it- its central, and its ripe for gentrification (but its not there yet!)

Advertisement