Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Athletics Ireland stats for 2017

• 21-01-2018 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

I saw a post on the Cork Running Blog with a link to the top 20 results for each discipline/distance for 2017 by Irish athletes:

2017 stats

I thought it might interest a few around here, and there's at least one boardsie that I know of in the top 20 for one of the distances.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Oiriallach

Also possible to see deeper stats than that: Top 200 2017. Lots of missing performances, though, especially at the lower levels. My own season's bests aren't listed even though they're better than the performances at the bottom of the lists. In one of the two events, an athlete whom I beat in a competition has his performance listed, but there's no sign of mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Oiriallach wrote: »
    Also possible to see deeper stats than that: Top 200 2017. Lots of missing performances, though, especially at the lower levels. My own season's bests aren't listed even though they're better than the performances at the bottom of the lists. In one of the two events, an athlete whom I beat in a competition has his performance listed, but there's no sign of mine!

Looks like Leagues weren't included alright

Would have put me 86th in 1500m, 70th in the 5000m and 28th in the 400m hurdles :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Woohoo, 88th fastest Irishman over 200m in 2017. :D

Definitely not a complete list. My 100m time is only my second fastest. Time for Waterford wind sprints not there. Also how the hell did my media 800 slog make the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Definitely not a complete list. My 100m time is only my second fastest. Time for Waterford wind sprints not there. Also how the hell did my media 800 slog make the list.

Guessing it's based on meets being EAA/IAAF compliant?

Missing Gradeds, National Leagues, Ton Na Gaoithe, Country/Provincial Championships.

• Advertisement

Guessing it's based on meets being EAA/IAAF compliant?

Missing Gradeds, National Leagues, Ton Na Gaoithe, Country/Provincial Championships.

Some Ton le Gaoithe and League is there. Also my training partner who beat me in that 100m race at Nationals doesn’t appear. Odd.

Advertisement