Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste Disposal Cartel

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Flytipping is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Currently waging war with my lot. Upped me to the most expensive bundle possible with no notification. The (excellently sly) "top up" charges from the credit card were stupidly ignored by me and I only realised what was going on last week when I eventually had the cop to log on and see exactly what I was being charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,616 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It should be covered by the local property tax and each company tender to the council to provide the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It should be covered by the local property tax and each company tender to the council to provide the service.

Unfortunately, if you're in Dublin it's most likely your property tax is being spent in another county to improve amenities there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The waste industry is as rotten as they come, but let's be honest the market itself means that it isn't cost effective for multiple companies to service the same areas.

Each company would happily take as many customers as they could, but it's not worth it to drive waste vehicles to areas for only a few customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

They should never have privitised it. DCC provided a better service than any of them. And they also picked up abandoned bins and fly tipping while they were at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Prices only going to go up, China has stopped taking wastes, they will no longer be a dumping ground for the worlds problems. A huge percent of reusable wastes from Ireland go to China, not any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Prices only going to go up, China has stopped taking wastes, they will no longer be a dumping ground for the worlds problems. A huge percent of reusable wastes from Ireland go to China, not any more.

I think we are finally burning all rather than sending it over to China. Burn more on the ship over..

TallGlass wrote: »
    I think we are finally burning all rather than sending it over to China. Burn more on the ship over..

UK in same boat, they are in much bigger trouble , no clue now what to do with waste now that China banned importing wastes.

Prices here will go up now.

Flytipping is the way to go.

Well it would a shorter trip to the recycling centre rather tan driving to a remote area to dump it illegally. waste is cheap when dealing with it yourself. Get the biggest bag you can and get rid of it for 5.00

• Advertisement

UK in same boat, they are in much bigger trouble , no clue now what to do with waste now that China banned importing wastes.

Prices here will go up now.

I don't think they will. We could take there waste if needed. I don't think that the WTE is working anywhere near capacity?

M

Yes and sending clouds of death from Ringsend over to those living North of it to kill them off slowly.

https://twitter.com/plumeplotter/status/949066780848410625

Well it would a shorter trip to the recycling centre rather tan driving to a remote area to dump it illegally. waste is cheap when dealing with it yourself. Get the biggest bag you can and get rid of it for 5.00

I agree, and the majority of stuff that is dumped, could sadly be used by someone else and or recycled. Fly tipping is a wasted exercise and it's sad cause majority of the time the stuff could be reused or recycled, and now it's going to be just literally wasted. Pointless.

Yes and sending clouds of death from Ringsend over to those living North of it to kill them off slowly.

What in the name of hell is that thing? Last I heard, the emissions where completely in range.

What's your problem? Ship it over to China so we don't have to worry about it. Still going to effect the planet. Or are you just upset cause you in the wave of this harmless cloud of steam...

M

What in the name of hell is that thing? Last I heard, the emissions from the where completely in range and under.

What's your problem? Ship it over to China so we don't have to worry about it. Still going to effect the planet. Or are you just upset cause you in the wave of this harmless cloud of steam...

Burn it off in some low populated area off the M1, don't burn it directly in the middle of the most populated city in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I agree that the prices are high but there is no cartel in Dublin 5. Greyhound & City Bins both cover every single street.

Personally I thought it was great to get free collection from DCC but their service was crap. They'd go missing over the Christmas period. We'd always miss out on one collection.

Burn it off in some low populated area off the M1, don't burn it directly in the middle of the most populated city in the country.

Apart from it been safe. Why do you think others should suffer the effects of burning waste?

M

Apart from it been safe. Why do you think others should suffer the effects of burning waste?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057779784

Previous thread here regarding the incinerator that counters a lot of the bull**** about it.

Summary - the plume you can see is steam not smoke and the actual pollution emitted from it is less than the power station right beside it (which has been there spewing out pollution for decades), not to mention all the pollution the ships and trucks around Dublin Port emit on a daily basis.

M

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057779784

Previous thread here regarding the incinerator that counters a lot of the bull**** about it.

Summary - the plume you can see is steam not smoke and the actual pollution emitted from it is less than the power station right beside it (which has been there spewing out pollution for decades), not to mention all the pollution the ships and trucks around Dublin Port emit on a daily basis.

Sounds a lot like what the Green Party said to us about diesel cars before the truth came out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Sounds a lot like what the Green Party said to us about diesel cars before the truth came out.

In other words, "you don't need facts when you got instinct". :rolleyes:

M

In other words, "you don't need facts when you got instinct". :rolleyes:

Facts in this case are only as good as the company who paid for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,948 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Intriguing what are they using to 'plot' this plume? What is the plume how high is the plume and what is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Well we know that the power station pollutes and has been there for decades without people batting an eyelid, we know that big ships burn the dirtiest fuel around and spew out vast quantities of black smoke, we know big trucks spew out horrible crap from their exhaust and do it at ground level where people inhale it. My question is why are you not on your high horse about these but instead moaning about a 21st century incinerator with the latest scrubbing technology installed that results in very little actual pollution?

Advertisement