Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavity box for a double slabbed wall

Options
  • 22-01-2018 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭

Hi..I had some partition walls re slabbed and skimmed so a sheet of plasterboard was put on top of the old board and skimmed, as they were in bad condition and removed the cavity boxes for the sockets so the plasterers could do the work and now the cavity boxes that were in the wall wont fit as the lugs on the boxes are not deep enough approx 30mm with the 2 sheets of plasterboard and skimcoat. Is there a cavity box that will work with this so I can get the sockets back on the wall?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rc3

You can purcase a deeper box the wings of the slap box fit back deep or what I do sometimes I saw the inner slap where the wings fit with a pad saw plaster board saw and this works a treat.

Advertisement