Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2018 check list!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loughc wrote: »
    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Total
    2017 472 100 136 153 141 166 303 517 737 700 1,971 1,378 6,774

2018 1,350 513 440 185 156 223 231 269 3,367

Apologies I did the table on the laptop. It looks like pure muck on mobile. But it looks nice on the full site haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

X Factor is starting back on 1st Sept

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    X Factor is starting back on 1st Sept

I just came on to post that haha.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

DvB wrote: »
    Out of interest Loughc when does the forum really start to pick up more traffic?
    I knew this question would end with a table, graph or a pie chart. :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    I knew this question would end with a table, graph or a pie chart. :pac:

Pie chart. Damn it why didn’t I think of that!!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,277 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I do a Year In Review thread each year and I usually post how many posts we had for the year and where it ranks overall year wise and how it compares to last year. I'm a stat man myself so I love giving stats out.

)

You are not alone! I love a good stat.

It was actually the 2017 yearly review thread that had me thinking about how busy its been in here. So your work is not in vain!!:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

You are not alone! I love a good stat.

It was actually the 2017 yearly review thread that had me thinking about how busy its been in here. So your work is not in vain!!:D

Oh go on so, one more stat for ye! :pac:

Below is a list of the total number of posts here per year. 2015 being our best year. But as you can see 2018 is well on it's way to pass out all years prior to 2012.

Year No. of Posts
    2007 16
    2008 75
    2009 2,022
    2010 3,787
    2011 3,392
    2012 5,429
    2013 4,963
    2014 4,859
    2015 7,216
    2016 6,819
    2017 6,784
    2018 3,390

It's a fine line for me between trying to increase traffic to this forum and getting a warning from Posy from spamming the forum. I've yet to get that warning... but I reckon I was close a few times :pac: :P

I have to say there was a few times earlier in the year I'd have loved to have seen more traffic in the forum (IIRC it was probably the 2 quiet summer months as per your table) but we're at the stage where I think that'll be taking care of itself pretty soon :)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Well for me personally, I was spending as little time as possible indoors in the fine weather & I believe I wasn't alone - so that would explain the dip in posts around then.

It's a fine line for me between trying to increase traffic to this forum and getting a warning from Posy from spamming the forum. I've yet to get that warning... but I reckon I was close a few times :pac: :P
    Banned

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Posy wrote: »
    Banned

:pac:

Modding is gone to the elves if that results in a ban!;)

Schools are now back, another one off the list. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Someone remind me in Jan to add Blackberry Picking/Jam-Making season to the list for next year! I only thought of it when I was picking every blackberry in sight - it really marks the end of the summer in our house and start of Autumn and thoughts of Christmas really kick off :D

Football All Ireland can be crossed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wicklass

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Someone remind me in Jan to add Blackberry Picking/Jam-Making season to the list for next year! I only thought of it when I was picking every blackberry in sight - it really marks the end of the summer in our house and start of Autumn and thoughts of Christmas really kick off :D

Another one is making Creme de Cassis from blackcurrants, about 130 days ahead of when its to be used (Kir Royale is always one of our Christmas tipples)

Three more events crossed off, and the Ploughing Championships are tomorrow, so not long until we can cross off one more!

Can't believe we're into double figures on the countdown already...
    BTW really seeing the christmas stuff ramping up in the shops, Dunnes had cadburys christmas biscuits alongside the tins/tubs of roses & QS etc. yesterday & had some of the clearly for christmas gift sets out as well.

I always associate that with cosy nights and home baking at Christmas time...

We're really coming into peak season fast!

Gbbo isn't on the list is it? Should be , I feel the same. Once it comes back, as far as I'm concerned we're on the home stretch to Christmas!

Ploughing Championship & Christmas FM Charity Partner Announcement crossed off. :)

Is the boots catalog out of am I dreaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

No, but the smyths catalogue is!

• Advertisement

I looked it up on Twitter and somebody said they were in Boots in London and they saw them putting out the Christmas gift sets and they asked when the catalogue was going to be in stock and they were told the 28th of September.
    In previous years I've seen it being out about 10th of October here.

We should also add when a Facebook page shares this video to the checklist. Some page like JOE.IE always shares it when the weather gets cold :pac:

And any excuse for me to share the video! :pac:

I don't know why but the video always remind me of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wicklass

Just noticed the True Christmas movie channel on Sky! Thats much earlier than normal isnt it??

wicklass wrote: »
    Just noticed the True Christmas movie channel on Sky! Thats much earlier than normal isnt it??

Much. But it got them lots of publicity online for coming back so early.

hKQZvbC.jpg

Another few off the list :)

We're a few weeks behind the UK!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Just back from The Pavilions, and The Calendar Club is open 😊

Woohoo! :D

Clocks gone back as of the weekend!, another one down!!

• Advertisement

Clocks gone back as of the weekend!, another one down!!

Marked off now :)

Advertisement