Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centra

Options
  • 22-01-2018 5:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Replacing people with machines here in Sligo. Worse than the banks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

adrian92 wrote: »
    Replacing people with machines here in Sligo. Worse than the banks.

Were the check out staff let go?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Same with Super Value in Grange. Best thing ever. I can check out a carton of milk and a loaf of bread and get out quick. No more queueing behind ould ones buying/checking lotto tickets and scratchcards. There's always one or two staff supervising it approving age for alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Bring back the Luddites!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

Bad option all around will lead to a lot of job losses , the machines do not pay tax or spend their earnings in the local community.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

We referring to Centra in Mauagheraboy? TBH, any time I was there, always had to wait, as was only ever two or three manning the tills, out of six or so. Is there still the same number of manned tills as before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    We referring to Centra in Mauagheraboy? TBH, any time I was there, always had to wait, as was only ever two or three manning the tills, out of six or so. Is there still the same number of manned tills as before?
    No one left, as far as I can see, except one to tell customers to use a machine.
    This place used to say how much local employment it provided, including those with disabilities.
    Hope that all the staff exist.
    Machines. In my view do not help customers or staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 PrincessPeach

I was in there the other day and there was plenty of staff on the floor and behind tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Seems to be only one member of staff in tills at night there, there used to be at least two. Still a few staff on the floor though, don't think they have let anyone go? Parking there is a disaster though, and don't get me started on delivery trucks parked up on the footpath, blocking the footpath and road, it's so dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Parking has always been a disaster there, what is there, about 12-14 spaces there, then nearly always at least one takeing up two spaces, or even on the pavement. Other problem I found was some of the isles very narrow, not sure if that still a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jordi1910

Parking is a bit improved compared to this what was half year ago. Of course its still small however better than it was. All depends at what time you are coming there. In my opinion changes made there are positive, but I'm shopping there only casually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

Supervalu in Ballysadare aint much better!! some of the staff there should be only allowed to work in the stock room, self service checkouts are the best thing to be put into a shop, parking is ok if everybody parked in between the lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I'm probably one of the few people who answer them back (quietly of course). Telling it to have patience when it askes me the same question for third time "Incorrect item in x area" , "Do you have a value card", "Please select payment type", "Please take your shopping", "Thank you for shopping at.." "Ahhh ffff offff" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Seems to be only one member of staff in tills at night there, there used to be at least two. Still a few staff on the floor though, don't think they have let anyone go? Parking there is a disaster though, and don't get me started on delivery trucks parked up on the footpath, blocking the footpath and road, it's so dangerous.

They have to park somewhere to make their deliveries and Des won't allow them into the car park. What do you expect them to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

They have to park somewhere to make their deliveries and Des won't allow them into the car park. What do you expect them to do?

They got planning permission for that, No delivery zone?

Is there rear access to the rear from the lane beside the car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

No, it is part of merville community centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Just seems a pity to see machines replacing people. Sometimes, sadly, the only interaction one has with another is, increasingly, being removed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭donegal_man

It's essentially the company using customers as unpaid checkout staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Oh no, honestly know they are only doin g their job, not getting at the delivery people at all, I think it is a disgrace that they are not allowed into the car park. I did mention that in a previous thread and it was of course deleted, I daresay this will be too.

From Facebook.

Congratulations to Yvonne who has taken on a new role as Checkout Supervisor. The renovations and revamp of the shop will see a lot of new faces join our team and see new roles and responsibilities for staff members! Looking forward to welcoming you all to the launch of our new store in February! #CosgrovesCentra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

It must be the worst shop in town for people abusing the disabled parking outside and the owners appear to ignore/ar@el kiss the offenders, fine shop but this is really disappointing.

Advertisement