Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School recommendations South Dublin

Options
  • 22-01-2018 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm looking for school recommendations for my son. He's only two at the moment but I keep hearing there are really long waiting lists in Dublin. I am looking for a state national school, either Catholic or multidimensional. I work between Kimmage and Blackrock and we will be moving to Blackrock this summer

Also, he is in a crèche at the moment but could anyone explain me when will he go to pre school/ Montessori and how those work? I'm not really sure what happens after crèche...

Confused mom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

If he’s already two, I’d advise casting your net wide and applying to many schools. Most schools in south Dublin have children’s names on the list from they are newborn.

You could try to find some schools where the admissions policy states they don’t take names before the January or September prior to the child starts school. That way, your child has a better chance of getting a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Wiola the schools in Blackrock take the names the year before you start school. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ring all the schools that you are interested in and ask for their enrolment policies,some you will be too late for others will only take names the year before.

Advertisement