Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Killing Wifi

Options
  • 22-01-2018 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

I've switched back to yourselves in the last couple of months, after a few years of faultless supply from Sky.
    I never had any issues with yourselves previously...not that I can remember anyway! Which makes the following problem more infuriating.

I've my Xbox One hardwired to the modem, and other devices connect over wifi.
    Everything is grand until the kids decide to play Xbox.
    It seems to commandeer all the broadband, and leaves nothing for wifi. All other devices go "offline" one the Xbox is on. So much so, I have to turn on my hotspot on my phone to go online with my laptop!

This happens every time without fail, so there's obviously something amiss. Luckily, we don't allow them to play every day, so I still have a full head of hair! But it's fair frustrating come weekend time.

The "green box" in our estate is less than 1km from our exchange, and our house approx. 100m from the "green box".
    Your website says "Speeds of up to 90Mb are available at your home."

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Soarer wrote: »
    Morning all.

I've switched back to yourselves in the last couple of months, after a few years of faultless supply from Sky.
    I never had any issues with yourselves previously...not that I can remember anyway! Which makes the following problem more infuriating.

I've my Xbox One hardwired to the modem, and other devices connect over wifi.
    Everything is grand until the kids decide to play Xbox.
    It seems to commandeer all the broadband, and leaves nothing for wifi. All other devices go "offline" one the Xbox is on. So much so, I have to turn on my hotspot on my phone to go online with my laptop!

This happens every time without fail, so there's obviously something amiss. Luckily, we don't allow them to play every day, so I still have a full head of hair! But it's fair frustrating come weekend time.

The "green box" in our estate is less than 1km from our exchange, and our house approx. 100m from the "green box".
    Your website says "Speeds of up to 90Mb are available at your home."

Any suggestions?
    Hi Soarer,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks Thomas.

PM sent.

Thanks Thomas.

PM sent.
    No problem at all.

I will reply to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

The solution to this is to configure "quality of service" on your router, to make sure one user does not hog the whole line. Not sure if the eircom one lets you. Most technical users install their own router and set this up themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭Soarer

Cheers srsly, will look into it.

• Advertisement

Cheers srsly, will look into it.
    I have replied to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement