Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir promised I could keep my phone number on a new install

Options
  • 22-01-2018 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I recently had a new install and was promised I could keep the same number.  But now Eir say the number is cancelled even though the technician showed me on his app that the option was there to keep existing phone number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

CryWolf wrote: »
    I recently had a new install and was promised I could keep the same number.  But now Eir say the number is cancelled even though the technician showed me on his app that the option was there to keep existing phone number?
    Hi CryWolf,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭CryWolf

Hi CryWolf,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas
    Hi I will private message you with details just making sure that I am on pm only.  Regards

Hi CryWolf,

Thanks 

Thomas
    Hi I will private message you with details just making sure that I am on pm only.  Regards
    No problem at all, I will reply to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi CryWolf,

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas, just sent a pm there.

Hi CryWolf,

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Hi CryWolf,

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    Allright.

Hi CryWolf,

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    Allright.
    No problem.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi CryWolf,

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    Allright.
    No problem.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Did you get my pm still phone not working with phone number??

Hi Thomas,

Today I was told the number we used to have is changed to another number.  Could you please supply me with all the recorded conversations where I asked for the number to remain the same.  This is just simply not good enough!!  When can a simple request like keeping the old number turn into something backward like this.  I have family who rely on contacting that number and hav'nt been able to.  What kind of a service is Eir providing by not listening to their customers!  Very upset and bewildered that this could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Hi Thomas,

Today I was told the number we used to have is changed to another number.  Could you please supply me with all the recorded conversations where I asked for the number to remain the same.  This is just simply not good enough!!  When can a simple request like keeping the old number turn into something backward like this.  I have family who rely on contacting that number and hav'nt been able to.  What kind of a service is Eir providing by not listening to their customers!  Very upset and bewildered that this could happen.
    This happened me with a home move, they reinstalled a new number and then a week went by before someone got back to me. 

At this stage they had re-assigned my old number.

Useless company

• Advertisement

Hi Thomas,

This happened me with a home move, they reinstalled a new number and then a week went by before someone got back to me. 

Useless company
    Well my mum passed away and this was her number.  Everybody she knew only recognises this number.  I am frightened to think of all the people ringing and not getting an answer??

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Hi Thomas,

Useless company
    Well my mum passed away and this was her number.  Everybody she knew only recognises this number.  I am frightened to think of all the people ringing and not getting an answer??
    Or ringing and getting someone else.

I just find Eir to be useless. maybe if they stopped putting money into advertising and spent it on better customer service. 

Well this install was done last Friday 19th and was not finished until after 4.30pm after waiting around all day for the technician to come.  I made several phonecalls and even took down an address for the complaints department and was told there was no email address for the Complaints Department.

By the way here is the address for the Complaints Department:

Complaints Department,
    5th Floor of Telephone House,
    Marlborough Street,
    Dublin 

Then I was so unsatisfied with this Customer Service that I asked for transcripts of the calls to Eir and I said that I would have to ask for a case to be setup at the following address:

Data Protection Manager,
    1 Heuston,
    5th Quarter,
    St. John's Road,
    Dublin 8.

After writing to the Data Protection Manager, I was told I could make a case of all the calls.

Where is Eir Customer Service as far as I am concerned it is non existent.  

NO answer to my pm from yesterday and NO intervention from any customer agent online today.  If this was SKY they would have been on this like a hot potato!!

No prizes for guessing who I should have installed with!!

Just sent another pm there, waiting for an answer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eir: Kevin

Hi @CryWolf,

Apologies for the difficulty you've had keeping this number. I also apologise for the delay getting back to you. Thomas is not in office today.

Unfortunately if the number has been reassigned, we would be unable to prevent this. I do appreciate your frustration with this. If you would like to log a complaint, you can do so at the above address or by sending an e-mail here 

Again, I apologise for the journey that you've had to date.

Kevin

Nope number is not re assigned belonged to my Mother who passed away in the last two months had the number since 1979 so that number should be able to carry on with the new account which is with Eir.  That is nearly 40 years!!!! And her relations who are still alive only know that as the number to call the house.

eir: Kevin wrote: »
    Hi @CryWolf,

Apologies for the difficulty you've had keeping this number. I also apologise for the delay getting back to you. Thomas is not in office today.

Unfortunately if the number has been reassigned, we would be unable to prevent this. I do appreciate your frustration with this. If you would like to log a complaint, you can do so at the above address or by sending an e-mail here 

Kevin
    Hi Eir,

So what kind of service do you call this????? Asked for this number to be recalled, look at the notes, said there was no problem, and still the number is not in service!!! What kind of Customer Service Do You Call This????

Regards,

eir: Kevin wrote: »
    Hi @CryWolf,

Kevin
    Hi Eir,

So what kind of service do you call this????? Asked for this number to be recalled, look at the notes, said there was no problem, and still the number is not in service!!! What kind of Customer Service Do You Call This????

Regards,
    I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement