Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Developer diaries / making ofs

Options
  • 22-01-2018 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Guys, would ye kindly post any vids you have or links to vids of any developer diaries etc you've watched and think are worth watching/sharing.
    I think a lot of people would enjoy watching them, I often find myself browsing youtube for something to watch for 30 mins here and there.

2 I've watched recently that are very good are

1. God of war 3

and Hellblade (this has a load of diaries..so I'll just post the first)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

It's not exactly the same, but there is a playthrough of Conker's Bad Fur Day by some of the developers, which has some interesting insight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgtAXCaSlpk&list=PLFP9r6vJL2qCCERMBP_ZWUEV0vaSL4rHf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Go to youtube, and look for 'noclip' its a company founded by waterfords own Danny O Dwyer, formerly of Gamespot. He has some great documentaries on Rocket League, The Witcher, and My favourite so far , Doom.

He did an AMA here last year as well, worth poking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Go to youtube, and look for 'noclip' its a company founded by waterfords own Danny O Dwyer, formerly of Gamespot. He has some great documentaries on Rocket League, The Witcher, and My favourite so far , Doom.

He did an AMA here last year as well, worth poking it out.

Ah cheers. I know about NoClip, I think most people put those up here.
    They are more docs by Danny. (he did an AMA here last month btw if you wanna check it out)

I'm kind of lookin for 'in-house' kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

toco toco TV, heard about this channel through SuperEyepatchWolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Ah cheers. I know about NoClip, I think most people put those up here.
    They are more docs by Danny. (he did an AMA here last month btw if you wanna check it out)

I'm kind of lookin for 'in-house' kind of stuff.

I cant remember if it came with Gears of war 1 or 2, but one of them had a really good behind the scenes dvd included with the steelbook edition, it gave a great insight into the pressures microsft put on them to deliver a killer app. worth poking out if you can find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Do they have to be videos? If not, the Postmortem section over at Gamasutra has a huge archive of articles from the late 90s up to the end of 2014, all written by people who worked on the featured games in various technical, artistic, production and design roles.

Oh yea, the GDC Vault also has a Youtube channel now. Some of the videos and talks can be a little drier than the usual behind-the-scenes type diaries but there's still a huge range of topics covered for whatever your interests lie.

Advertisement