Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanderbilt Wireless

Options
  • 22-01-2018 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

Am looking at installing SPC 4320 (metal) into the in laws house.

My question, if I were to buy the RF extender that plugs into the keypad, it is the touch screen keypad, will that give as much range as the antenna that would be attached to the control panel? And can the keypad RF module work without having to install the antenna at the panel?

Also, if the keypad RF extender contained completely within the keypad? ie. not visible?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

How many alarms have you now installed over the past two years? Must be at least four, including a Siemens in your own house and then a HKC in your own house too. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Thewitheredowl

Why you so worried about what I'm doing? If you don't want to help me why bother replying?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Why you so worried about what I'm doing? If you don't want to help me why bother replying?

Are you PSA licensed?

kub wrote: »

Are you PSA licensed?

Yes, why is this relevant? Others get help here without being asked this

You're breaking the law. You're installing alarms without a licence and are coming in here asking how to do it. The law is there to protect people/property against lads like you.

• Advertisement

Yes, why is this relevant? Others get help here without being asked this

So, you installed a Siemens in your own house just over a year ago :rolleyes:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100836791

And you have already replaced it with a HKC

Hi,

Have a HKC 1070 panel.

Wired some Christmas lights to my front garden via a 12v relay controlled by the Light button on my HKC keypad. All works good.

My question, can this output be programmed for timed periods of on/off. I do not have any software/apps controlling this alarm. It's all done from the keypad

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105388991

Hi Guys,

Installed a Siemens 4320 in my house at the weekend, all went good with regard to connecting all the hardware. But I have 2 issues which are only minor I think -

i) The keypad I installed is the touchscreen 521 model, how do I add the proximity tags to the system via the keypad?

ii) This is a new build house, so no internet provider at the moment, so I am connected to the panel via a local ethernet cable, I have downloaded SPC software and have established a connection to the panel. I am currently met with the log in screen but I do not know the default log in details ( All codes are still the default versions at this time ) so can somebody shed some light on this please?

Any help appreciated guys

You're breaking the law. You're installing alarms without a licence and are coming in here asking how to do it. The law is there to protect people/property against lads like you.

I’m registered so don’t worry about me breaking the law and terrorising the public. I don’t know everything about all products, that’s why I’m reaching out. If you want to look down on me for that, then that’s ok, I’ll try get some advice some where else. Thanks

I’m registered so don’t worry about me breaking the law and terrorising the public. I don’t know everything about all products, that’s why I’m reaching out. If you want to look down on me for that, then that’s ok, I’ll try get some advice some where else. Thanks

If you were registered you would ring HKC tech support or Vanderbilt directly, no?

Ok, so back and forward for a half an hour, I’m sure you could have answered my original question in 2 mins. I came here because usually get some help in a casual manner.

Ok, so back and forward for a half an hour, I’m sure you could have answered my original question in 2 mins. I came here because usually get some help in a casual manner.

As per my last post. Why don't you call their tech support as you are a registered installer?

• Advertisement

As per my last post. Why don't you call their tech support as you are a registered installer?

Will do, thanks again

So, you installed a Siemens in your own house just over a year ago :rolleyes:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100836791

And you have already replaced it with a HKC

Hi,

Have a HKC 1070 panel.

Wired some Christmas lights to my front garden via a 12v relay controlled by the Light button on my HKC keypad. All works good.

My question, can this output be programmed for timed periods of on/off. I do not have any software/apps controlling this alarm. It's all done from the keypad

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105388991

Hi Guys,

Installed a Siemens 4320 in my house at the weekend, all went good with regard to connecting all the hardware. But I have 2 issues which are only minor I think -

i) The keypad I installed is the touchscreen 521 model, how do I add the proximity tags to the system via the keypad?

ii) This is a new build house, so no internet provider at the moment, so I am connected to the panel via a local ethernet cable, I have downloaded SPC software and have established a connection to the panel. I am currently met with the log in screen but I do not know the default log in details ( All codes are still the default versions at this time ) so can somebody shed some light on this please?

Any help appreciated guys

Well done Fred,you and I know that any registered installer will ring tech support in any manufacturer should they have technical queries.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi,

Am looking at installing SPC 4320 (metal) into the in laws house.

My question, if I were to buy the RF extender that plugs into the keypad, it is the touch screen keypad, will that give as much range as the antenna that would be attached to the control panel? And can the keypad RF module work without having to install the antenna at the panel?

Also, if the keypad RF extender contained completely within the keypad? ie. not visible?

Many thanks

There are a few different types of wireless receivers.
    See here
    https://uk.spiap.com/products/intrusion/spc/interfaces_radio.html
    For mounting in the panel you would need this one with an external aeriel
    https://uk.spiap.com/products/intrusion/spc/interfaces_radio/v54554-b101-a100.html
    These would have better range than the keypad mounted ones.

REW , RWL & Northwood Technology would all have these parts readily available.

Wouldn't doubt you KoolKid, without question always helping the unlicensed

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Helping a user on a DIY forum.
    He has stated on a couple of occasions he's licenced. I'm happy to take his word on it.
    If you feel he's breaking the law it would be best to report the post.

KoolKid wrote:
    Helping a user on a DIY forum. He has stated on a couple of occasions he's licenced. I'm happy to take his word on it. If you feel he's breaking the law it would be best to report the post.

A user who is a professional with a PSA licence, is it?

Report the post for what exactly?

I'm not getting bogged down in another one of your attempts for a row..
    User asked a question and I answered him. That's how forums work best.
    If you have a problem with my post or the OPs then please report it.

KoolKid wrote:
    I'm not getting bogged down in another one of your attempts for a row.. User asked a question and I answered him. That's how forums work best. If you have a problem with my post or the OPs then please report it.

Let's agree to disagree so, shall We?

Fred thinks the guy is an unlicensed installer, he has shown some evidence of that and I accept it.

The guy has said he is a licensed installer, so if that is so, how come he is not getting on to the manufacturers for technical support?

Well neither Fred or I have any intention of assisting anyone who comes on here and pretends they are a simple user, but evidence suggests otherwise.

But as usual you can't help yourself in damaging this profession.

Thanks KoolKid. Just heading out to do some more damage to the profession now myself :rolleyes:

Thanks KoolKid. Just heading out to do some more damage to the profession now myself

If you have to come on here looking for assistance, I would hate to be a customer of yours.

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    If you have to come on here looking for assistance, I would hate to be a customer of yours.

If there's stuff you don't know you shouldn't be ashamed to ask questions. And you shouldn't be shamed for asking them either. I could have rang support, sure, but I asked here because I've found it helpful in the past.

If you don't want to assist then that is fine. But tag teaming me with your buddy trying to 'protect' the industry is a bit lame.

That's my last word on this.

If there's stuff you don't know you shouldn't be ashamed to ask questions. And you shouldn't be shamed for asking them either. I could have rang support, sure, but I asked here because I've found it helpful in the past.

If you don't want to assist then that is fine. But tag teaming me with your buddy trying to 'protect' the industry is a bit lame.

That's my last word on this.

First off, I don't need to or tag anyone. Fred and myself are both self employed and we are the ones who face the reality of it. Perhaps because of this we have a different outlook on things than some of our fellow contributors on this forum.
    Fred had some valid points yesterday, which i agreed with. I have no intention of answering questions from someone claiming to be a licensed installer on a public forum, which is set up for DIY or general queries from the general public.
    I am lost as to why a professional installer would go on such a site to gather technical assistance which he/she would be much better off obtaining from manufacturers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement