Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family law/ Access

Options
  • 22-01-2018 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a six year old child and have been split up from the father for over two years. Things were amicable including arrangements (no guardianship/nothing legal in place etc)for the child up until recently.
    Due to me moving back in with my elderly parents and starting a new job that requires me to work weekends and a day or two during the week, the father would take the child Friday evening to Sunday afternoon and his parents would take the child from 2-7 one day of the week.
    Due to the fathers new relationship he now wishes to take the child 2 out of every 3 weekends which just doesn't work for me due to work and also the extra strain it would put on my elderly parents who always help me out when required.
    I have said no to this arrangement out straight and this morning i received legal documents concerning guardianship and access arrangements. I just want him to take the child Friday-Sunday and of course things will come up where he wont be able to but in general thats the way i need it to be. I don't have any doubt that he will be granted guardianship but i am just wondering if theres anything i can do to fight his access proposal and try to push my case forward?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    You should consult a solicitor who advises on family law. If you cannot afford a solicitor contact Legal Aid office.
    Closed

Advertisement