Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank transfer

Options
  • 22-01-2018 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

If I wanted to transfer money to an unkown person, what information would I need to do the transaction with a Bank of Ireland bank account?
    IBAN, BAC
    Or does an account no. suffice?

If I wanted to transfer a high sum, say one million. Is that possible? What are the limitations I would have to bear in mind?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

If I wanted to transfer money to an unkown person, what information would I need to do the transaction with a Bank of Ireland bank account?
    IBAN, BAC
    Or does an account no. suffice?

If I wanted to transfer a high sum, say one million. Is that possible? What are the limitations I would have to bear in mind?
    Hi peshwari_naan, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to Boards.ie

It will depend on where the transfer is being made to, usually for SEPA transfers (euro to SEPA zone countries) the IBAN, BIC and beneficiary name is required. However, some countries will require more details. 

Using 365 online, you can transfer up to a maximum of €20,000 per day for payees added using an activation code sent by post.

If you wanted to transfer more than this amount, you can visit one of our branches, please see here for branch locations and services. 

Thanks 
    Nicola 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 peshwari_naan

thank you!
    if i didnt have an iban/bac, but only an account no, could i transfer a million euros to that account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 peshwari_naan

(provided i go to one of the branches, of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

thank you!
    if i didnt have an iban/bac, but only an account no, could i transfer a million euros to that account?
    For Euro payments within the EU you'll normally require the IBAN, BIC and beneficiary name. If you can let me know what country you're sending the payment to I can let you know all the information you'll need.

Thanks, Nicola 

Advertisement