Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Internet or TV for a Week

Options
  • 22-01-2018 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

I have had no internet (and as a result, no Eir Vision) for a week. The internet dropped after the storm, and has not returned.

I have logged 2 faults within myeir, but these do not appear to be recorded at all. When i log in, it says there are no open faults. 

Further, the message in fault updates says that the county of Sligo would have repairs or whatever carried out in "up to 5 days". It's been 7 days, and I still have no service.

What's going on? Will I have these 7 days of non service deducted from my next bill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I have had no internet (and as a result, no Eir Vision) for a week. The internet dropped after the storm, and has not returned.

I have logged 2 faults within myeir, but these do not appear to be recorded at all. When i log in, it says there are no open faults. 

Further, the message in fault updates says that the county of Sligo would have repairs or whatever carried out in "up to 5 days". It's been 7 days, and I still have no service.

What's going on? Will I have these 7 days of non service deducted from my next bill?
    Hi gerrybbadd

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Currently having the same issue

Logged fault on Monday and was told 2-3 days
    Rang Thursday was told was assigned to a crew and up to 4 days and I was lucky because other area's are worse than mine and have had 8 day wait
    Rang Friday and was told it was escalated and assigned to crew by end of the day or Monday morning 
    Rang today and was told it had been assigned to a crew and would be in the next 2-3 days. (8 days after issue first occurred)

Same week I got notified about a contract change and a 6e price hike. Strongly considering just cancelling it if not fixed and deductions in next bill aren't forthcoming.

Rang Thursday was told was assigned to a crew and up to 4 days and I was lucky because other area's are worse than mine and have had 8 day wait
    Rang Friday and was told it was escalated and assigned to crew by end of the day or Monday morning 
    Rang today and was told it had been assigned to a crew and would be in the next 2-3 days. (8 days after issue first occurred)

Same week I got notified about a contract change and a 6e price hike. Strongly considering just cancelling it if not fixed and deductions in next bill aren't forthcoming.
    Hi Testosterscone,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Hi Testosterscone,

Thanks 

Thomas
    I have already been on to your technical team today and got the same brush off's as I did the last two times I rang up but PM sent all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I logged 4 faults online. Not one of them was acknowledged or even recorded. Broken system.

Today is my 2 week anniversary of not having internet. I'm due a technician visit tomorrow between 12:30am and 3. So i guess i'll be seeing him about 6 o'clock so, as is standard.

I will be expecting to have these 2 weeks of non service deducted from my bill.

• Advertisement

I logged 4 faults online. Not one of them was acknowledged or even recorded. Broken system.

Today is my 2 week anniversary of not having internet. I'm due a technician visit tomorrow between 12:30am and 3. So i guess i'll be seeing him about 6 o'clock so, as is standard.

Atleast you got a appointment with Technician. Despite my logs I have still not recieved a call about arranging a time to come out which doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence in it getting resolved any time soon :confused:

Atleast you got a appointment with Technician. Despite my logs I have still not recieved a call about arranging a time to come out which doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence in it getting resolved any time soon :confused:

I have replied to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

Just a follow on from this,

Finally got resolution of my issue..... Account closed as of this morning

Would like to thank the following people
    Eir: Thomas for telling me I would be getting a call (had to call back myself)

Tech Support agent 3 (will refrain from naming but lets call him Irish S) for telling me my speed was to high so they turned it down only to have the same guy tell me a week later that the speed was lower than my modem can handle so tried turning it back up as an alternative fix to turning down the speed

To Customer Loyalty agent 1 (call her L) to telling me that I would be sent out a modem free of charge if tech couldn't resolve only to be told this morning by Loyalty agent 2 today that they would be forced to charge me even though they couldn't confirm this would fix the issue as my modem appeared to be working grand

3 weeks over 8 hours on calls (average length 25-35 minutes per call) to you and I was no closer to having usable internet.

You have lost two accounts over this (my mobile will be cancelled as soon as contract ends) and a complaint has been lodged with comreg, sort yourselves out!!!

Just a follow on from this,

Finally got resolution of my issue..... Account closed as of this morning

Would like to thank the following people
    Eir: Thomas for telling me I would be getting a call (had to call back myself)

Tech Support agent 3 (will refrain from naming but lets call him Irish S) for telling me my speed was to high so they turned it down only to have the same guy tell me a week later that the speed was lower than my modem can handle so tried turning it back up as an alternative fix to turning down the speed

To Customer Loyalty agent 1 (call her L) to telling me that I would be sent out a modem free of charge if tech couldn't resolve only to be told this morning by Loyalty agent 2 today that they would be forced to charge me even though they couldn't confirm this would fix the issue as my modem appeared to be working grand

3 weeks over 8 hours on calls (average length 25-35 minutes per call) to you and I was no closer to having usable internet.

You have lost two accounts over this (my mobile will be cancelled as soon as contract ends) and a complaint has been lodged with comreg, sort yourselves out!!!
    I'm very sorry to hear you've closed your accounts with Eir.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I had arranged for a customer service agent to contact you, as I cannot make an outbound call through this channel.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
Advertisement