Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for iOS barcode scanner app to contact url

Options
  • 22-01-2018 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭

My client has a WordPress/WooCommerce clothing shop and they would like to scan a product barcode to mark an item as in or out of stock. Only 1 person would be doing the scanning at the warehouse.

The App Store has a few barcode scanners. One, Scandit looked promising but its cost (1700 pounds per year) is prohibitive.

Does anyone know one that could either pass the barcode to a url or collect scanned barcodes to a Note which could be POSTed to a url?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Would it be worth looking at android options and then just buying a cheap Android device to use as a scanner if there was one that worked?

This one seems to do a lot and integrate with ecommerce stores

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I know it's not a mobile app but the Socket Mobile Bluetooth barcode scanner is worth a look.

I understand that once it's paired with an iOS device it can act as a virtual keyboard so you can do whatever you like with the retrieved data.

Advertisement