Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 2nd car

Options
  • 22-01-2018 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

I have bought a new company car, and i'm reviewing different insurance options.

I plan on holding onto my current (personal) car. My current insurance company said they will insure my new company car, and will transfer my no claims bonus, however they said they will no be able to insure my current car, when I switch the new car.

Another broker said they will do the same as above, and take out a new policy on my personal car, which they said the premium will be extremely high, as I will no longer have a no claims bonus.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

oo7 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have bought a new company car, and i'm reviewing different insurance options.

I plan on holding onto my current (personal) car. My current insurance company said they will insure my new company car, and will transfer my no claims bonus, however they said they will no be able to insure my current car, when I switch the new car.

Another broker said they will do the same as above, and take out a new policy on my personal car, which they said the premium will be extremely high, as I will no longer have a no claims bonus.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Would New company car not need to be insured under your business name as ‘they’ paid for car

Are u sole trader or limited company is relevant ?

If limited then be aware if u authorise your personal NCB be used then if company ceizing then so could your NCB

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Thanks for your reply.

Yes the company will be paying for the insurance, which is not a problem, but they will not be paying for my personal insurance, and this is where I am struggling. My personal car has a 3.4l petrol engine, hence i'm (35) struggling to get insured on it again.

Yes, Ltd. company.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement