Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar, transport from the station

Options
  • 22-01-2018 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Considering taking a job in Mullingar but haven't worked there in years. I was going to get the train rather than drive but I see it's a 10-minute drive from the train station to the Lakepoint retail park.

Are there any buses that would get me there from the train station in the mornings and back or at least within walking distance? Don't want to have to pay out for a taxi every day on top of the train.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

dvdfan wrote: »
    Considering taking a job in Mullingar but haven't worked there in years. I was going to get the train rather than drive but I see it's a 10-minute drive from the train station to the Lakepoint retail park.

Are there any buses that would get me there from the train station in the mornings and back or at least within walking distance? Don't want to have to pay out for a taxi every day on top of the train.

not really. there's no town bus service. is it with FBD?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

dvdfan wrote: »

Short answer is no. The only way you'll get to Lakepoint from the station is by taxi :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

google. maps has it as a 30min walk or 10min cycle, so if you were persistent and willing to prepare with change of clothes etc you could give it a go. plan to use the bike for the first month and I'm sure you could start car pooling then from town once you get to know someone.

Advertisement