Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a valid reason for owning a restricted 22lr/Shotgun

• 22-01-2018 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭

What is a valid reason for owning a restricted 22lr/Shotgun.
    I see magazines for 22lr over 10 rounds in my gun shop and i am wondering what would be a vaild reason for owning one and what will you see to the guard when he ask is 10 rounds or 3 shells enough to get the job done.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

If you are shooting in competitions that require more than 10 shots for a .22lr. E.g. if the course of fire requires you to shoot more than 10 shots very quickly with no time to reload/change mags.

Another reason could be if you are shooting in competitions that require more than three shots for a shotgun. Another reason for getting a restricted shotgun would be if you needed to shoot slugs or if you needed a pistol grip for medical reasons. E.g. You can't shoot a T&P1 comp without a restricted licence as you need to fire six shots in a row and the cartridges must be slugs. So if you intend to shoot T&P with a shotgun, this is your reason for needing a restricted shotgun.

You need to prove to the Gardaí when you are applying for a licence why you need a restricted firearm. You need to supply paperwork to support your application and to show them that an unrestricted firearm won't do the task that you need it for.

Double check some of those mags, a lot of those long 10/22 mags can only hold 10 rounds.

Advertisement