Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Collection Service in North Dublin

Options
  • 22-01-2018 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this. Mods please feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum.
    I have a property in North Dublin where the bin collection company (I am paying commercial rates) only collects the green and the black bins early on Monday mornings (7-7:30am). There is also a recurring problem of thugs stealing the bins, so the bins are usually locked with a chain most of the week inside the front yard (easy to access, just a small iron gate that is always open) and one of the tenants has to wake up early every Monday (6am) to unlock the bins and place them on the pavement outside to avoid the possibility of the bins being stolen (I pay a penalty to the bin collection company in such case:( and it has already happened twice in the past 4 years when the bins where left outside late on Sunday evening).
    My question is the following: does anyone know if there is a bin/waste collection company that would be willing to keep the keys of the chain lock, go inside the front yard when the collection happens, empty the bins and then lock them again inside the front yard?
    What I am really looking for is this kind of extra service even if I have to pay something more (as I said I am already on commercial rates, so maybe there could be more negotiation on the service provided by the bin collection company). Thank you

Advertisement