Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mosin Nagant (spring) skirmishable?

Options
  • 22-01-2018 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been hankering after a spring sniper, primarily as wall furniture, but would like it to be potentially skirmishable too. I prefer classic designs and real wood.

I've seen the Red Fire spring Mosin with PU scope around (though may not be currently available in Ireland). That ticks all the boxes in terms of style and appearance and wall-hangability; however, I believe it can be awkward to load and may not stand up to the rigours of the actual field. Does anyone have any experience of it or has anyone heard/read anything?

The alternative might be an A&K Dragunov with wood furniture. Not as pretty as wall-furniture, but probably more skirmishable.

Price-wise they come in about the same new, once a scope is added to the Dragunov cost.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement