Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't have permission to access forum

Options
  • 22-01-2018 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi,

Before Christmas I found a forum which collated events that were happening all over Ireland for a given week. I can't find any mention of it now on boards today though. I did come across this result when i attempt to google the thread/forum. When I click on it however I'm told the following
    FatBeard, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

The thread link in question is given below. At least I think this is the thread i'm looking for. Surprised I don't have access?

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057776365

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi FatBeard,

That was the What's On forum, which never really took off and all of the events in recent months came courtesy of the Gigs & Events forum. Its presence in the menu was preventing the Post of the Day and Thread of the Day options from appearing, so we have hidden it (as they were being requested by quite a few users).

What event are you trying to share? It's likely that it would find a home in a different forum where it may get more attention as the post will reach those who are already interested in the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

Ah ok, that makes sense I guess. i wasn't trying to share any event, it was more a place I looked to find out what was on on a given weekend. I only just found it before Christmas and thought it was very good for getting ideas for the weekend. Are there any other forums with similar content?

Boards.ie Employee

We don't have a place for the summary posts anymore I'm afraid, but the closest alternative would be Gigs & Events. But events can crop up in a variety of forums such as Theatre & Performing Arts, Chess, Pro Wrestling, and many more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Just to throw an opinion in here.

I thought the what's on forum was a brilliant idea. Just what the site needed actually. I just think there were a few little issues with how it was implemented. I previously suggested that threads pertaining to past events be removed from the forum and this was put into place but I think perhaps it needed a little more tweaking so that only imminent gigs were showing. I don't know how much work is involved with this but I think it's certainly worth revisiting as an idea.

Boards.ie Employee

Thanks for the feedback whoopsadoodles (and for the previous suggestion). We could possibly look at unapproving threads until closer to the time (we were keeping a calendar of events to make the round-ups easier anyways). The main consideration first off is how to get more people posting and browsing - otherwise people might as well just browse Gigs & Events :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement