Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour all in ones - printer, faxes,scanners,copiers - which one to get

Options
  • 22-01-2018 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all,

im in the market for a Colour all in one printer,fax,scanner and copier and have currently a mono version in a HP 3055. This is old and failing.
    I am looking at HP as its a make I had for years and toners are easy to get hold off. I'm looking for a laserjet , 1000-2000 prints per month (any less than 1000 and it seems only inkjets come up as choices), must have a fax, dpi of 600 min , 1200 dpi be good. USB connection, though network printing may be handy as would from Mobile devices printing. Budget about £350 max. Computers running Windows 10 though some older computers which are Vista or before may need to print from to time.
    A few questions:
    plan to do most printing and copying in b&w - do you need to have colour cartidges in the machine for it to work and do these colour cartidges need to have some toner left ?
    Come across HP Pagewide printing - it says its a mix between laser and inkjet and is apparantly 50% cheaper for colour compared to colour laserjets - anyone have any info, tips etc on them?
    Any recomendations, suppliers etc gratefully received

Cheers all

Advertisement