Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

importing items from china

Options
  • 22-01-2018 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hello everyone

im looking to start up a small business and have sources some audio vision machines from china that i would like to import to ireland. ive gotten a quote which is fair and ive been reading around and have seen that i probably will have to pay duty and vat at arrival to ireland. the factory is offering me shipping with tnt so my question is if my items are charged tax and duty when is this paid and to who and is my product delivered by tnt to my door then or do i have to collect in dublin ?

any advice would be greatly appretated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Use the SEARCH function.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭kirving

Just be aware too that the equipment will have to meet all relevant health and safety standards, which quite a lot of stuff from China doesn't meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'm guessing your jumping on the Android box wagon?

Your stuff will likely get stopped and you'll need to pay the duty before it will be released to you. It may be confiscated or screened if it fails a lot of the safety marks and checks that the EU enforce. Cheap chargers and poor power supplies cause a lot of fires and injuries, speaking as an Electrical Engineer myself. I'd make sure you have good margins for duds and returns, of which there is likely to be many.

Advertisement