Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange Item in different location

Options
  • 22-01-2018 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

My mam bought a tablet in Currys in Limerick last week with her credit card.

Would there be an issue with me changing it in a Dublin branch for a more expensive model, giving the difference in cash? I have the receipt obviously but will they need her card at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

Cant see any real issue, as long as yku have the reciept, explain that you told you wanted x as a gift from your mother and she bought y... they should change it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Always best to check the company itself for the correct answer.

Two seconds Google search gives this

"You can return the product to one of our stores with your receipt, bringing the card you paid with, so we can credit it."

If its been opened and not in original sales condition, then you may have an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Has the box been opened? If so then they may not take it back.
    You probably will need your mother to go in with you as they may ask to see her card. It could be part of an anti - theft policy.
    From their pov they haven't got a clue who you are and you're arriving with someone else's goods asking to exchange them... Most stores will want to see the original card.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Farmer Bob

WellyJ wrote: »
    My mam bought a tablet in Currys in Limerick last week with her credit card.

Would there be an issue with me changing it in a Dublin branch for a more expensive model, giving the difference in cash? I have the receipt obviously but will they need her card at all?

The refund would go back onto the original card - removes the temptation for employees to give themselves "refunds" or handle cash that wasn't part of the original transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭123654789

I'd this issue before in Penneys.

They would refund in the store I brought it back to alright as I had the receipt but only onto the card it was bought with which had to be physically present at the time of return.

Currys might be the same but when you're exchanging and paying more, Id expect it to be ok. Maybe ring before travelling in case of a wasted journey.

Advertisement