Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus security breach

Options
  • 22-01-2018 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Just a heads up to anyone who has bought a oneplus phone in the past. I opened my internet banking last Friday to find that someone had fraudulently spent nearly €400 on my credit card. Needless to say I rang credit card services and had my card cancelled.

I had been wondering where my credit card details had been taken from and spent the afternoon changing passwords on various accounts but later that afternoon I got an email from one plus saying that they had had a security breach in which user credit card details were compromised.

Keep an eye on your bank account folks and make sure that you report any fake transactions.

Anyone else affected by this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

The phone maker reveals that oneplus.net had been under attack for an extended period – from mid-November 2017 to January 11, 2018. Credit card information (including card numbers, expiry dates and security codes) entered at oneplus.net during this time “may be compromised,” the company says.

Thankfully only effected customers from Nov to January.
    Still very surprised they had this sort of breach for nearly 3 months without noticing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Snotty wrote: »
    Still very surprised they had this sort of breach for nearly 3 months without noticing!!!

Not really very surprising. Depending on an organisation's level of maturity when it comes to logging and monitoring of activity, it's entirely plausible that a breach may not be spotted for a period of time

Advertisement