Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fix for 10 years at 3.3%

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

1200e with O'Brien Ronayne Sols in Tallaght village

Dealt with Elaine for our mortgage, pleasure to deal with...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Came here to ask the exact same question - mortgage is about 60k remaining with 15 years left.

Currently 3.9% SVR with BOI paying €450 a month - Am strongly considering fixing for 10 years at 3.3%.

Had decided against idea of switching to KBC and the likes due to legal fees etc but is this poor judgement with above figures? Just wasn't sure it made sense?

Finally there's an option of agreeing an overpayment now and THEN fixing - BOI say they'll honour this so it's a bit of a best of both worlds scenario to me - Overpaying €85 a month knocks off 3 years and saves me €3500 in interest.

Finally would it be best to sit on this for 6 months and take a better deal then.... Or is this crystal ball territory?

What would you do ye wise and learned people of boards.ie!!!???

Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You can overpay 10% with KBC so €6,000 over the ten years.

Highly doubtful of better deals in six months but yes it's crystal ball territory IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭Villa05

Mango Joe wrote:
    Finally there's an option of agreeing an overpayment now and THEN fixing - BOI say they'll honour this so it's a bit of a best of both worlds scenario to me - Overpaying €85 a month knocks off 3 years and saves me €3500 in interest.

I'm in the same boat as you and fixed with maximum overpayment was on 4.1%,
    The size of the mortgage put me off switching and I think I am slightly under KBC income requirement to qualify for a mortgage with them

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Realgonekid

FYI that 2.95% fixed for 10 years will only be available until the end of April 2018, It then rises to 3%. We signed for our mortgage last week and need to have the process complete by the end of April as we could be bumped to 3%.

• Advertisement
Advertisement